I beleive in God now.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I beleive in God now.

I witnessed a miracle, and will be going to church from now on. The Redskins beat the Saints. I just might have to change my avatar this year.

Yesterday was my birthday and what a gift! Thank you all mighty Jake/Sapient.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whew

Whew !

You had me worried there for a second ! Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Whew

harleysportster wrote:

Whew !

You had me worried there for a second ! Smiling

He he, I love occasionally pulling shit like that. I got Brian Sapient a couple years back on April Fools day. All I could think was "Out of all the people to fall for it".

Unless I suffer some brain injury or mental illness, I really don't see any future where I would go back to believing in invisible friends.

But it most certainly was refreshing to see the Redskins not only win but put up those numbers against a great team. Athough it was anoying to see RG point to the sky after a score. Glad you won RG but there was no god involved.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
First thing to run through

First thing to run through my head was "bullshit". Second was "wtf is he on about". lol.

Happy birthday man!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:First thing to

Vastet wrote:
First thing to run through my head was "bullshit". Second was "wtf is he on about". lol. Happy birthday man!

And much to the shagrin of Beyond Saving, this free market hater went to a private business and bought beer and watched a private business NFL, GASP! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!

I know you are going to read this Beyond, so get it over with, give your sister a big wet sloppy kiss and wish me a happy birthday. You know you love me.

Thanks Vaset. I really had a blast yesterday. Got to watch my Redskins win. Found out that there are jocks with empathy, and drank beer made by private industry. Life can be good sometimes.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy Bday Brian, I was

Happy Bday Brian, I was thinking of you when I saw that score throughout the day, looks like it was an exciting game to boot, I didn't watch much of it cause I was watching my Jets trounce the Bills.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Happy

Beyond Saving wrote:

Happy Bday Brian, I was thinking of you when I saw that score throughout the day, looks like it was an exciting game to boot, I didn't watch much of it cause I was watching my Jets trounce the Bills.  

I'd tell you that I was masturbating the entire time, but that would probably be TMI. HOLLY SHIT DID THAT SURPRISE ME! I am still pinching myself.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday. And I thought the Jets lost. Maybe that was a preseason game someone on another website was taking about. Well, would you look at us, the odd couple, both happy our teams won.

Oh and yes, despite our differences I do have a twinge of sympathy for you having to deal with Fleabow. Now, did he start, or was he just a back up? I cant say much RG did a couple times do the sign of the cross and point to the sky.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy birthday, Brian. I

Happy birthday, Brian.
I had gotten so use to not watching that I literally caught the last 2 seconds of the game and said shit I missed a great game. I will watch next week and see if it's a fluke or not.

So what are you saying? Those tens of thousands of prayers offered over the past decades for the redskins to win didn't finally make the Big Mans priority list? Some of us b-e-l-i-e-v-e.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Happy

ex-minister wrote:
Happy birthday, Brian. I had gotten so use to not watching that I literally caught the last 2 seconds of the game and said shit I missed a great game. I will watch next week and see if it's a fluke or not.

So what are you saying? Those tens of thousands of prayers offered over the past decades for the redskins to win didn't finally make the Big Mans priority list? Some of us b-e-l-i-e-v-e.

Thanks. It really burns me that I have one lick of anything in common with you or Beyond. But it really IS a comfort to know some things do overlap and can overlap. Being nice to you guys on this issue really disturbs me.

Yea the big guy upstares finally took pitty on my team.(BARF!) These players really do not, like most theists in general, understand sample rates. If you collectively take the entire history of the league all the way back to the late 20s when it started, what you end up seeing long term is it is a crap shoot and every team will have good games and bad games and periods of good seasons and bad seasons. And what makes a team good or bad is nothing but skill and or injury, attitude and the toughness of their schedual, but most importantly, the score at the end of the game.

Just like bad argument that someone survived a flood. What about the people who died in that flood? Or what about all the floods in human history where people both survived and died?

RG won because he played well and the Skins played well. Theists simply cannot stand the mundane reality of well, reality.

How did your team do? I forgot, who is your team?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy B'day........

................Brian, and Washington  First  nations victory to boot. It looks like RG eye eye eye is the real thing. I didn't watch because St.Thomas of Brady was showing the Titans how to play football,    and the Patriots have a defense this year, LOOK OUT NFL ;  or ho hum yet another Super Bowl appearence. Good luck for next week  Brian.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Happy

ex-minister wrote:
Happy birthday, Brian. I had gotten so use to not watching that I literally caught the last 2 seconds of the game and said shit I missed a great game. I will watch next week and see if it's a fluke or not.

Holly shit do I have ADD. I got you confused with EX, sorry. But the rest of the message still applies.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

................Brian, and Washington  First  nations victory to boot. It looks like RG eye eye eye is the real thing. I didn't watch because St.Thomas of Brady was showing the Titans how to play football,    and the Patriots have a defense this year, LOOK OUT NFL ;  or ho hum yet another Super Bowl appearence. Good luck for next week  Brian.

I don't have any cleaver nick name to discribe RG other than he impressed the fucking shit out of me.

What an arm and it was refreshing to see us get more first downs and more 3rd and short. If I believed in a god I would pray he never gets seriously injured. And what the fuck Danny(the owner), did you finally pull your head out of your ass?

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:ex-minister

Brian37 wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

Thanks. It really burns me that I have one lick of anything in common with you or Beyond. But it really IS a comfort to know some things do overlap and can overlap. Being nice to you guys on this issue really disturbs me.

Yea the big guy upstares finally took pitty on my team.(BARF!) These players really do not, like most theists in general, understand sample rates. If you collectively take the entire history of the league all the way back to the late 20s when it started, what you end up seeing long term is it is a crap shoot and every team will have good games and bad games and periods of good seasons and bad seasons. And what makes a team good or bad is nothing but skill and or injury, attitude and the toughness of their schedual, but most importantly, the score at the end of the game.

Just like bad argument that someone survived a flood. What about the people who died in that flood? Or what about all the floods in human history where people both survived and died?

RG won because he played well and the Skins played well. Theists simply cannot stand the mundane reality of well, reality.

My team is and always will be the Redskins. I was born in and always have lived in the DC area. My parents and entire extended family are redskin fans. My mother and I usually talk about each game. I have at times thought about converting to being a Ravens fan. But in my heart I believe in the redskins. I brought up my kids in believing in the redskins. I am thinking of running for political office and forcing everyone to believe in Them. All hail to the redskins...Hail victory....fight for old DC.

We shared the common burden of being redskin fans...Someday it will happen again.

I met Joe Gibbs in a Starbucks when he was back the second time as a coach. The skins had just win a game the prior sunday with loads of drama. I was behind him and when he turned I congratulated him on the win and how exciting and dramatic it was. He extended his hand out for me to shake and in the other hand was a small pamphlet which I took automatically. It was like he was the fastest draw in the west. He must have practiced it. I have no clue where he pulled the pamphlet from. Anyway he thanked me but said he could use less drama. Then they asked him what he wanted to drink. Once my haze lifted and I looked at the pamphlet. It told me about how Jesus died for me. Ugh. Burned by my hero.
I told my mother and said if she wanted it she could have it. YES. YES. It was the intersect of two of her most favorite things.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Brian37

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

My team is and always will be the Redskins. I was born in and always have lived in the DC area. My parents and entire extended family are redskin fans. My mother and I usually talk about each game. I have at times thought about converting to being a Ravens fan. But in my heart I believe in the redskins. I brought up my kids in believing in the redskins. I am thinking of running for political office and forcing everyone to believe in Them. All hail to the redskins...Hail victory....fight for old DC. We shared the common burden of being redskin fans...Someday it will happen again. I met Joe Gibbs in a Starbucks when he was back the second time as a coach. The skins had just win a game the prior sunday with loads of drama. I was behind him and when he turned I congratulated him on the win and how exciting and dramatic it was. He extended his hand out for me to shake and in the other hand was a small pamphlet which I took automatically. It was like he was the fastest draw in the west. He must have practiced it. I have no clue where he pulled the pamphlet from. Anyway he thanked me but said he could use less drama. Then they asked him what he wanted to drink. Once my haze lifted and I looked at the pamphlet. It told me about how Jesus died for me. Ugh. Burned by my hero. I told my mother and said if she wanted it she could have it. YES. YES. It was the intersect of two of her most favorite things.

Fuck, you have just knocked down some pegs,  one of my heros like Dawkins and Bob Spence did with Plato(long story). Thank you Gibbs, really, as a fan thank you for 4 Super Bowl visits and 3 wins, but does everything have to be about your invisible friend?

Last year my mom bought me some Redskins stuff and it came with Redskins cataloge. An in one of the pictures of fans in the stands their was a Sikh with a burgandy turban on. Damn it Gibbs it is a sport, not a church. Sports can overlap and unite otherwise divided people.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I'd tell you that I was masturbating the entire time, but that would probably be TMI. HOLLY SHIT DID THAT SURPRISE ME! I am still pinching myself.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday. And I thought the Jets lost. Maybe that was a preseason game someone on another website was taking about. Well, would you look at us, the odd couple, both happy our teams won.

Oh and yes, despite our differences I do have a twinge of sympathy for you having to deal with Fleabow. Now, did he start, or was he just a back up? I cant say much RG did a couple times do the sign of the cross and point to the sky.

Yeah, we were miserable preseason but it was Sanchez at the helm all the way to a 48 to 28 win. Tebow rushed 5 times for a total of 11 yards in the wildcat, there was a good two million investment...

Lol, I noticed the replays today of RG doing the cross, but hey, if your QB is scoring who cares if he is praising Jebus, Santa Clause or the tooth fairy. I'm just glad the Jets are not starting Tebow because I will not Tebow, no matter what.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, my fear came true

Well, my fear came true against the Rams. RG became more like Vic and the offense depended on him too much. No consistancy on 3rd down conversions like last week, and too much dependency on scrambling and big plays.

Here is the thing, if the Skins cannot string a ballanced game on all sides of the ball, RG will not stay on this team. I like RG's mobility and he is a smart player, but damn it he needs offensive protection and a defense that will keep him on the field.

AND what kind of coach calls passing plays minute left when you have an 8 point lead going into the half?

HOW the fuck do you blow a 21 to 6 lead?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I feel your pain. The Jets

I feel your pain. The Jets started out looking good but then someone must have put vaseline on the receivers gloves. Sanchez wasn't in top form, but there were a lot of his throws that were spot on and the receivers simply failed to hold on to. But hey, at least the Patriots lost 

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I feel

Beyond Saving wrote:

I feel your pain. The Jets started out looking good but then someone must have put vaseline on the receivers gloves. Sanchez wasn't in top form, but there were a lot of his throws that were spot on and the receivers simply failed to hold on to. But hey, at least the Patriots lost 

*still crying or I'd let you have it for slighting the Pats.*

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I feel

Beyond Saving wrote:

Oh the irony of a Libertarian quoting Clinton. Did you have one of your players blow the game by spiking the ball at the cornerback? No! YOU COULDN'T POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND MY PAIN. DAMN IT JIM, I AM A REDSKINS FAN, NOT A DOCTOR!

But actually yea, it sucks when you have all those pockets of decent plays but cant string any consistency together.

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!(Mommy, I want my mommy)

Oh at least Dallas had their asses handed to them. But yea Jefrick the Pats lossing to the Cards was like the Saints last week losing to the Skins. Definately a WTF moment for the leauge.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"WAS IT OVER WHEN THE

"WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!(Mommy, I want my mommy)"

> >

*falls over laughing*

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"WAS IT OVER

Vastet wrote:
"WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!(Mommy, I want my mommy)" > > *falls over laughing*

A little "Animal House" line from John Belushi. Seemed apropriate considering how fucked up that game was.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I fucking knew I recognised

I fucking knew I recognised that from something.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I fucking knew

Vastet wrote:
I fucking knew I recognised that from something.

That was one of the first T&A movies that made me drop trow, but since this isn't about pre pubesent hormons I will assume that was too much information for you.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol. Since we're sharing, I

lol. Since we're sharing, I snuck into the rec room to watch Doc Hollywood while my parents were watching it upstairs. My original motivation was the awesomeness of Fox (Back to the Future was still pretty new). Then I saw titties.

Don't ask why my parents actually went to the trouble of connecting our VCR to two TV's on two floors, my dad was always a gadget freak like I became, so I pretty well guarantee he did it because he could and thought it was cool. It sure was.

Bonus for me was I always knew when they were going to check on me, became the video would pause.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh the irony

Brian37 wrote:

Oh the irony of a Libertarian quoting Clinton. Did you have one of your players blow the game by spiking the ball at the cornerback? No! YOU COULDN'T POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND MY PAIN. DAMN IT JIM, I AM A REDSKINS FAN, NOT A DOCTOR!

But actually yea, it sucks when you have all those pockets of decent plays but cant string any consistency together.

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!(Mommy, I want my mommy)

Oh at least Dallas had their asses handed to them. But yea Jefrick the Pats lossing to the Cards was like the Saints last week losing to the Skins. Definately a WTF moment for the leauge.

Oh no, my pain is far worse than yours- You're killing me Smalls

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have Tebow and for that

You have Tebow and for that I grant you a tinge of sympathy. But The Redskins havent had a hayday since the Hoggs.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:lol. Since

Vastet wrote:
lol. Since we're sharing, I snuck into the rec room to watch Doc Hollywood while my parents were watching it upstairs. My original motivation was the awesomeness of Fox (Back to the Future was still pretty new). Then I saw titties. Don't ask why my parents actually went to the trouble of connecting our VCR to two TV's on two floors, my dad was always a gadget freak like I became, so I pretty well guarantee he did it because he could and thought it was cool. It sure was. Bonus for me was I always knew when they were going to check on me, became the video would pause.

I have to say I was not as lucky as you. I did get caught. My reaction to that was simple. DAMN IT, you knew I was doing it why didn't you just leave me alone!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jets: I can't understand why

Jets: I can't understand why they didn't put Tebow in longer. Anybody?

Redskins: I really enjoyed the game. I blame Morgan (15) at the end who threw the ball at the guy who shoved him. He must have gotten a real ass chewing after the game. I don't recall the Rams and the Redskins being so at each other. Could it all boil down to the judges? How about RBG3 doing a tebow after running in for a TD?

Religion Kills !!!