Murder investigation unveils domestic 'terrorism' plot

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Murder investigation unveils domestic 'terrorism' plot

LUDOWICI, Ga. (AP) — Four Army soldiers based in southeast Georgia killed a former comrade and his girlfriend to protect an anarchist militia group they formed that stockpiled assault weapons and plotted a range of anti-government attacks, prosecutors told a judge Monday.
~
The prosecutor said the militia group had big plans. It plotted to take over Fort Stewart by seizing its ammunition control point and talked of bombing the Forsyth Park fountain in nearby Savannah, she said. In Washington state, she added, the group plotted to bomb a dam and poison the state's apple crop. Ultimately, prosecutors said, the militia's goal was to overthrow the government and assassinate the president.

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-ga-murder-case-uncovers-terror-plot-173341769.html

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm missing something....

I'm missing something.... exactly how does poisoning the apple crop help overthrow the government? FFS, if you are going to try to overthrow the government at least come up with a decent plan. Pissing off everyone in the US who likes to eat apple pie probably isn't a good way to gain support for a revolution. You would think that someone investing so much time and money into trying to overthrow a government might examine the history of successful and failed attempts and realize that after the attacks it is important to quickly gain the support of the general population, not to have all us crazy gun toting Americans ready to shoot you on sight for fucking up our pies.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Yeah, and if they

Yeah, and if they actually intend to overthrow the entire US government it's going to take a sizable amount of manpower to actually implement such a lofty goal.  From the description I've heard so far I don't get the impression that they have any significant number of militants ( if any ) waiting to leap into the fray.  Talk about delusional.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd say they'd have been

I'd say they'd have been killed trying to take the fort.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.