Obama does Q&A on reddit

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Obama does Q&A on reddit

Reddit: Obama visit generates most activity ever
by Donna Tam August 31, 2012 5:28 PM PD

President Barack Obama broke all the campaigning rules when he held an unmoderated Q&A session on one of the Internet's most infamous socially aggregated new sites -- and he also broke a Reddit record.
Obama's session on Reddit yesterday attracted more user activity than any other single submission to the forum, more than even the site's front page, Reddit revealed today in a stats breakdown of the virtual visit.
By the end of the day yesterday, the site had clocked nearly 3 million page views for the submission and the number kept growing by the tens of thousands. As of 9 a.m. PT today, that number was at nearly 5.3 million.

Full article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57504734-93/reddit-obama-visit-generates-most-activity-ever/

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Reddit: Obama

Vastet wrote:
Reddit: Obama visit generates most activity ever by Donna Tam August 31, 2012 5:28 PM PD President Barack Obama broke all the campaigning rules when he held an unmoderated Q&A session on one of the Internet's most infamous socially aggregated new sites -- and he also broke a Reddit record. Obama's session on Reddit yesterday attracted more user activity than any other single submission to the forum, more than even the site's front page, Reddit revealed today in a stats breakdown of the virtual visit. By the end of the day yesterday, the site had clocked nearly 3 million page views for the submission and the number kept growing by the tens of thousands. As of 9 a.m. PT today, that number was at nearly 5.3 million. Full article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57504734-93/reddit-obama-visit-generates-most-activity-ever/

Yeah. I heard about this. One of my friends showed up just a little too late to post his own question, not that it would have had much chance of being used.

I appreciate the effort to communicate technologically with voters, a smart move, in my opinion.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Obama on Reddit? How badly

Obama on Reddit? How badly was he trolled?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd imagine quite heavily at

I'd imagine quite heavily at first, because noone would have believed it was him. While the trolling is unlikely to have stopped considering the venue, the more people concluded it was actually Obama, the more real questions and concerns would be presented.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThunderJones wrote:Vastet

ThunderJones wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Reddit: Obama visit generates most activity ever by Donna Tam August 31, 2012 5:28 PM PD President Barack Obama broke all the campaigning rules when he held an unmoderated Q&A session on one of the Internet's most infamous socially aggregated new sites -- and he also broke a Reddit record. Obama's session on Reddit yesterday attracted more user activity than any other single submission to the forum, more than even the site's front page, Reddit revealed today in a stats breakdown of the virtual visit. By the end of the day yesterday, the site had clocked nearly 3 million page views for the submission and the number kept growing by the tens of thousands. As of 9 a.m. PT today, that number was at nearly 5.3 million. Full article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57504734-93/reddit-obama-visit-generates-most-activity-ever/

Yeah. I heard about this. One of my friends showed up just a little too late to post his own question, not that it would have had much chance of being used.

I appreciate the effort to communicate technologically with voters, a smart move, in my opinion.

The Obama campaign has always been superb at using the internet and twitter, as bungling and directionless as the Bama campaign has been so far this cycle at least they are still proving more technologically savvy than Mittens. I don't think it will be enough though.   

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X