Black camera woman get nuts thrown at her at the Republican National Convention

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Black camera woman get nuts thrown at her at the Republican National Convention

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19414600

Quote:

Nut-throwers ejected from Republican National Convention

A giant screen shows the Governor of New Jersey Christopher Christie on 28 August 2012 Tuesday night's speeches included a keynote from New Jersey governor

US Presidential Election 2012

Two attendees were ejected from Republican National Convention on Tuesday for throwing nuts at a black CNN camerawoman.

The individuals told her "this is how we feed animals" as they threw the nuts, multiple witness said.

Convention security and police removed the two from the convention centre shortly after the incident.

In a statement, convention officials said the attendees had "exhibited deplorable behaviour".

"Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated."

The incident reportedly occurred shortly after 20:00 local time. The identities of the two ejected was unclear. News broadcaster CNN confirmed the incident but had no additional comment.

The incident happened on Tuesday in the Tampa Bay Times Forum, where delegates officially nominated Mitt Romney as the Republican candidate to face President Barack Obama in the November presidential election.

Former Bush White House press secretary and CNN commentator Ari Fleischer told the BBC: "If it's what has been reported to have been their motive it's reprehensible. They have no place being at this convention."

Among Tuesday's night speakers was Mia Love, who is aiming to become the first black Republican woman to be elected to Congress.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
If it had been a Fox News

If it had been a Fox News reporter, i would have understood it more.. 

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
A lot of Republicans

A lot of Republicans that were supporters of Ron Paul threw a fit for failure to be recognized and counted and left the convention from what I have read.

The Paul supporters were claiming that Paul had a significant number of votes and were highly pissed about being left out.

Sounds like the convention had it's share of difficulties.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is the fact that the

Why is the fact that the camera person was black and a woman relevant to anything? It seems you are the one that you and CNN are the one that makes race and gender relevant. CNN probably deliberately sent in a black woman to provoke an incident.

The fact is Herman Cain once led the Republican polls and could have been the nominee as could Condoleezza Rice, so you could hardly claim the party is racist or sexist. The fact is the Democrat party/Entitlement state has become the new masters of many blacks upon whom they are totally dependant. Only in the modern version they don't have to work for their masters, just vote for them.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why is the fact

EXC wrote:

Why is the fact that the camera person was black and a woman relevant to anything? It seems you are the one that you and CNN are the one that makes race and gender relevant. CNN probably deliberately sent in a black woman to provoke an incident.

The fact is Herman Cain once led the Republican polls and could have been the nominee as could Condoleezza Rice, so you could hardly claim the party is racist or sexist. The fact is the Democrat party/Entitlement state has become the new masters of many blacks upon whom they are totally dependant. Only in the modern version they don't have to work for their masters, just vote for them.

herman cain didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination, even before the sex scandals broke.  he was a loose cannon, and, at the risk of being politically incorrect myself, he was the "threatening" black man america is never going to elect anytime soon.  his personality was only a notch or two less outrageous than jesse jackson's.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
While some have claimed that

While some have claimed that all Republicans are racist and sexist, those of us who know how to use our brains know better.

That said, there are clear and indisputable indications that being a Republican makes it more likely that you are racist or sexist.

And with that said, most Republicans are just normal folk who have a different idea on how social and economic programmes should be run than the Democrats.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why is the fact

EXC wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

Really, so, if it is tit for tat, then  Condoliza and Herman were put in deliberately to provoke us Castro leftist? Show me video of us white lefties physically assaulting them bible thumping negros? Show me some video where us lefty white people assaulted Rice or Cain? Oh crap, our lefty communist Jew hating hero Stewart had Cain on his show THIS PAST WEEK!

How about she was doing her job and some racist fuckwads assaulted her?

If Romney were an economic liberal I would vote for him. If he was running against Cain supporting the right wing economic policies, and Cain was supporting Obama policies I would support Cain

IF BOTH our choices are both white or both black, I am not going to side with skin color, party or religion, not even my own label by proxy. I am going to look at my own life, my own paycheck, if the asshole who is screwing me over , I wouldn't give one shit if Paul Ryan ate Rice's pussy and claimed it tasted like ice cream.

If Infidel Guy(aka)Reginald Finley ran on the same policies as Romney there is no way I would vote for him. If Beyond Saving ran as his vice president and quoted Ayn Rand, the same thing. If Obama was running against Cain instead, but Cain was an atheist, please tell me who I would vote for?

That CNN camera person was singled out because of race and to say she wasn't is bullshit. Otherwise that party would have blacks and gays reflecting our growing times. They are the party of the rich and the right and the Christian. If they want to grow the fuck up, which I don't know if they can, they wouldn't throw nuts at anyone.

When the GOP  can nominate  a black gay atheist then I will take pause.

The difference between republican blacks and democratic blacks, is that tokens don't exist in our party.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:CNN probably

EXC wrote:

CNN probably deliberately sent in a black woman to provoke an incident.

You're kidding here aren't you or being satirical?

If not, you seem to indicate the Republicans have a problem even seeing a black woman working.

It's much like Muslims see a little bit of skin on a woman and they have to rape her.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
   Mia Love, black, female

Mia Love, black, female conservative from Utah who spoke at RNC,  called "House Nigger" on her wikipedia page by enraged "progressives".

video.foxnews.com/v/1817436189001/mia-love-reacts-to-racist-attacks-after-rnc-appearance//playlist_id=87485

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/29/sick-wikipedia-entry-calls-mia-love-dirty-worthless-whore-and-house-nigger/

Is this for real or is she just a political version of Tawana Brawley ?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Otherwise that

Brian37 wrote:
Otherwise that party would have blacks and gays reflecting our growing times.

National Black Republican Association.  http://www.nbra.info/

Log Cabin Republicans ( gay conservatives ) http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5468093/k.BE4C/Home.htm

Brian37 wrote:
They are the party of the rich and the right and the Christian.

So there are no rich blacks or gays ?  There are no Christian blacks or gays ?    There are no right wing blacks or gays ?    Stereotype much ?

Brian37 wrote:
If they want to grow the fuck up, which I don't know if they can, they wouldn't throw nuts at anyone.

So apparently you blame every Republican for what happened ?  Is that like blaming every gay person for what Andrew Cunanan did ?

Brian37 wrote:

What ? You'll  pause just long enough to find something else you don't like and then begin wailing again ?

Brian37 wrote:
The difference between republican blacks and democratic blacks, is that tokens don't exist in our party.

Bullshit.  The Democrats absolutely take it for granted that only they can properly represent the interests of non-whites.   Minorities ( and gays ) are slowly learning to wake up.   The world of politics isn't nearly as black and white as you continually portray it Brian.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
The actions of two people

The actions of two people aren't reflective of everyone but since US politics are so racially polarized it looks worse. When I look at voter statistics I can understand why it's difficult for the republican party to deflect that kind of criticism.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EXC wrote:Why

Brian37 wrote:

EXC wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

Really, so, if it is tit for tat, then  Condoliza and Herman were put in deliberately to provoke us Castro leftist? Show me video of us white lefties physically assaulting them bible thumping negros? Show me some video where us lefty white people assaulted Rice or Cain? Oh crap, our lefty communist Jew hating hero Stewart had Cain on his show THIS PAST WEEK!

How about she was doing her job and some racist fuckwads assaulted her?

If Romney were an economic liberal I would vote for him. If he was running against Cain supporting the right wing economic policies, and Cain was supporting Obama policies I would support Cain

IF BOTH our choices are both white or both black, I am not going to side with skin color, party or religion, not even my own label by proxy. I am going to look at my own life, my own paycheck, if the asshole who is screwing me over , I wouldn't give one shit if Paul Ryan ate Rice's pussy and claimed it tasted like ice cream.

If Infidel Guy(aka)Reginald Finley ran on the same policies as Romney there is no way I would vote for him. If Beyond Saving ran as his vice president and quoted Ayn Rand, the same thing. If Obama was running against Cain instead, but Cain was an atheist, please tell me who I would vote for?

That CNN camera person was singled out because of race and to say she wasn't is bullshit. Otherwise that party would have blacks and gays reflecting our growing times. They are the party of the rich and the right and the Christian. If they want to grow the fuck up, which I don't know if they can, they wouldn't throw nuts at anyone.

Yeah, because we all know that blacks are incapable of having political philosophies that don't align with the democratic party. Who the hell does Herman Cain think he is having his own viewpoints? Doesn't he know that he is supposed to shut up and be a democrat? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Bullshit.  The Democrats absolutely take it for granted that only they can properly represent the interests of non-whites.   Minorities ( and gays ) are slowly learning to wake up.   The world of politics isn't nearly as black and white as you continually portray it Brian.

I agree.  I am not a Republican, but one would have to be blind not to see through some of the tactics that the Dems take on proving to "properly" represent the minorities and gay community.

Granted, I am not sure how most gay people fit into the Republican Party, but there are several log cabin gay Republicans in Memphis that have had some clashes with the Memphis LGBT Community over a number of issues. This has been real apparent in the mid-town areas of Memphis, which has a gay scene that is pretty dominant in that area.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Granted, I am not sure how most gay people fit into the Republican Party, but there are several log cabin gay Republicans in Memphis that have had some clashes with the Memphis LGBT Community over a number of issues. This has been real apparent in the mid-town areas of Memphis, which has a gay scene that is pretty dominant in that area.

Exactly. I assume, demographically speaking, most gays are left wing / liberal but we know from experience that exceptions within the gay community do exist.  Same for atheists.  My perception is that most atheists are anywhere from mildly left-wing to ultra-left wing.  I have found on this forum ( to my surprise ) that a significant number of atheists here are more conservative / Libertarian.  So you never know. Appearances can be deceiving.