Steps taken to stop corruption [trollville]

aquariusmediaaamar
User is offlineOffline
Steps taken to stop corruption [trollville]

Hi,

Suggest some steps for stoping corruption in a country. Now a days corruption is a big issue for any goverment.

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Corruption has always been a

Corruption has always been a big issue for every government. The only way to fight it is have a proactive, robust system that people actually care about upholding. That doesn't usually last long as far as I have seen. Older, stable governments have a more of a osscillation between a little bit corrupt and way too corrupt (reform time).

Of course, a tiny bit of corruption can be good for a country, since it greases the wheels. This is more in countries with lots of oppressive red tape. Like medieval China was.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Simple, remove the amount

Simple, remove the amount of power you allow government to exercise. The more power and money government has and the further removed the rulers are from the population the easier it is to be corrupt. If people insist that even non-corrupt government has only a limited role in controlling their lives, there simply isn't as much to gain through corruption as there is when people expect government to play a large role in their lives. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
So instead of worrying about

So instead of worrying about government being corrupted by assholes, just remove the government's power so those assholes can do their assholery directly without the need for corrupting the government to do their bidding? This helps us how?

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:So instead of

Manageri wrote:
So instead of worrying about government being corrupted by assholes, just remove the government's power so those assholes can do their assholery directly without the need for corrupting the government to do their bidding? This helps us how?

Well, the government is the most powerful tool for the corrupt person. So reducing a government's power reduces the harm corruption can do.

You don't need a big government to have an efficient justice system to protect people from other citizens.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I've researched the OP, he

I've researched the OP, he is a known forum spammer.  His purpose for posting was merely to test post.  I am locking this thread as a result.  If a user would like to discuss this topic please feel free to start a new thread for it.