Where was god in Aurora?

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Where was god in Aurora?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/my-take-cnn-readers-7-answers-to-where-was-god-in-aurora/

This is a CNN article.  It is quite typical in the sense that it just attempts to appear unbiased while at the same time being obviously not so. 

I sense a huge "question begging" and negative atheist vibe in the whole article.

CNN article wrote:

Self-professed atheists may make up only 2% of the U.S. population, but they are extraordinarily active online, and on CNN's Belief Blog. A commenter who identified as Jason spoke for them when he wrote, “Where was God? He was where he has always been. Nowhere because God does not exist.” Bob Dobbs agreed: “God is imaginary. The question is moot.”

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
As usual like at Columbine,

As usual like at Columbine, the Gabby Giffords shooting, and even the shooting at Ft.Hood god is where he has always been.  ABSENT!

Looney ChristNUT pastors always try to stretch the IMAGINATION to try and make a pathethic explanation that god exists but deep down inside even they know it's all crap!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu

Ktulu wrote:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/my-take-cnn-readers-7-answers-to-where-was-god-in-aurora/

This is a CNN article.  It is quite typical in the sense that it just attempts to appear unbiased while at the same time being obviously not so. 

I sense a huge "question begging" and negative atheist vibe in the whole article.

CNN article wrote:

Self-professed atheists may make up only 2% of the U.S. population, but they are extraordinarily active online, and on CNN's Belief Blog. A commenter who identified as Jason spoke for them when he wrote, “Where was God? He was where he has always been. Nowhere because God does not exist.” Bob Dobbs agreed: “God is imaginary. The question is moot.”

Lets review "the dog ate my homework" grade school excuses god fans make for their dog.

"God works in mysterious ways"

"He is testing us"

"You wouldn't understand"

"He doesn't have to explain himself to you"

"God can do what he wants".

The truth is in evolution and the fact that there has never been a period in any form of life where it has not had to deal with horrible crap. There has never been one human that will not suffer to some degree, and all of us suffer the ultimate bad crap. To think that there is a magical super hero who has a hand in all this is not only bullshit, but it distracts us from problem solving as a collective species that could minimize crap like this.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
He's where he always was

He's where he always was when there's a tragedy!

NOTICEABLY ABSENT!!

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:He's

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

NOTICEABLY ABSENT!!

Although I can't take credit for making up the quote, but I was lucky enough to have a chance to use it last year when I did not show up for a Halloween event. When some people asked me where I was, I told them : " I was THERE. I came dressed up as god."

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Although I can't take credit for making up the quote, but I was lucky enough to have a chance to use it last year when I did not show up for a Halloween event. When some people asked me where I was, I told them : " I was THERE. I came dressed up as god."

ROFL, I am going out of my way to use that this year.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

NOTICEABLY ABSENT!!

LMAO!!

That is AWESOME dude! If we went back in time and were in school together I would tell the teacher to give you brownie points just for that!

I'll tell you guys where god was! He was in the same place he was at the Sikh temple shooting! Only in your dreams and delusions!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all, why the f**k

First of all, why the f**k would God object to the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent human beings ?   Read the Old Testament.  Decimating humanity is one of his favorite hobbies. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:First

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

First of all, why the f**k would God object to the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent human beings ?   Read the Old Testament.  Decimating humanity is one of his favorite hobbies. 

Yep, as a character he comes across as a kid throwing a fit when he cant get to level 4 on his x-box and keeps hitting reset.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
top ten possibilities why

Ktulu wrote:

Where was god in Aurora?

1-He was over on his data plan and was unaware.

2-He was on vacation in another galaxy.

3-He ceased direct intervention because every time he tried he just made everything worse. This is borne out by the text of the OT. Each time he intervened, later on much worse things would occur until the final end of the kingdom of Judahite fantasy by Nebuchadrezzar II.

4-Advanced alien races only construct the habitats on various planets and never follow through on modifications and improvements. Kind of like a teenager doing a school project.

5-He had no interest in the Batman movie as he thought he had already watched it, so he stayed home and watched reruns of Superman.

6-After God dropped off his son on the 3rd planet in year 3 BCE, he careened into the astroid belt as he was buzzed on the wine he imbibbed and subsquently crashed. He has not been seen since. The inaccurate comments made by the Jesus reinforce this, as he wrongly indicated "the kingdom of god was at hand" several times. The god never showed.

7-He went to Aurora Illinois instead as he was using the new ios maps and not the more reliable Google map.

8-His wife Asherah made him stay home and help her paint the throne room.

9-He delegated the job to the Jesus. The Jesus stopped off for a few glasses of wine and lost track of time.

10-What with all the other wars he was involved with in the galaxy he simply overlooked it.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.