Missed Westoboro People

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Missed Westoboro People

Argh.   Westboro protestors are in town today protesting a soldier's funeral and I just now found out about it.

Damn it all.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Patriot Guard Riders and

Patriot Guard Riders and Rolling Thunder Riders, along with a lot of other veteran motorcycle clubs usually show up and block them all off with American Flags and such, to shield the families from them. Wonder if they did that today ? 

They protested near an area where I live a few years back. Several members of the Iron Horsemen, Outlaws and a few other clubs showed up and made as much noise with all of their motorcycles that they could muster to try and drown them out. Several other people showed up with their vehicles and had their radios cranked to the max. The police had to stand between the Westboro demonstrators and the counter protestors. It made the local news. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Argh.  

Watcher wrote:

Argh.   Westboro protestors are in town today protesting a soldier's funeral and I just now found out about it.

Damn it all.

You missed the Westboro protestors ?  What kind of rifle were you using ?

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Argh.  

Watcher wrote:

Damn it all.

What kills me, are how many christian fundamentalists talk EXACTLY like these Westboro lunatics, yet try to distance themselves from them as much as possible for fear of being branded the "lunatic" fringe. 

As much as I hate to say this, in one way I respect the Westboro assholes far more than I do some of the fundies that act just like them. 

At least the Westboro assholes show their true colors. 

Phelps and his filthy ilk, will gladly admit their god of the bible is a hate-filled tyrant that despises gays, sex outside of marriage etc. 

The 'fundie" will tell you that god is love and just merely wants to "save" you. 

Same beliefs IMO. Just different ways of preaching them. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Patriot Guard Riders and Rolling Thunder Riders, along with a lot of other veteran motorcycle clubs usually show up and block them all off with American Flags and such, to shield the families from them. Wonder if they did that today ? 

They protested near an area where I live a few years back. Several members of the Iron Horsemen, Outlaws and a few other clubs showed up and made as much noise with all of their motorcycles that they could muster to try and drown them out. Several other people showed up with their vehicles and had their radios cranked to the max. The police had to stand between the Westboro demonstrators and the counter protestors. It made the local news. 

When it comes to dealing with the Westboro weirdos I'd love to see your biker buddies employ some crowd control tactics like the Hells Angels used on Meridith Hunter at Altamont Raceway back in 1969.  Total f**king annihilation.  Bring on the one-percenters.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

When it comes to dealing with the Westboro weirdos I'd love to see your biker buddies employ some crowd control tactics like the Hells Angels used on Meridith Hunter at Altamont Raceway back in 1969.  Total f**king annihilation.  Bring on the one-percenters.

I think had it not been for such a heavy police presence pushing back all of the bikers and such, an Altamont like incident would have probably occurred. 

One group of guys got about 10 or 11 cars together and were simultaneously blasting death metal music, while everyone else was throttling the bikes as loud as possible. 

Stupid cops threatened to write several bikers up for some sort of noise violation. But, since it was the middle of the day, there was very little the police could do. 

Anyway, the Westboro hymns that they are known for singing at their gatherings did not get heard.

They haven't been back since.  One the Iron Horsemen kept screaming at them to come down in front of the local clubhouse and protest. But Westboro apparently did not accept the invitation. Maybe they thought that god might not protect them down there.  

― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Harley wrote: One of the

Harley wrote:
One of the Iron Horsemen kept screaming at them to come down in front of the local clubhouse and protest. But Westboro apparently did not accept the invitation. Maybe they thought that god might not protect them down there.

Joshua 1:19 wrote:
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Our motorcycles "iron chariots" are too strong for gods people.

it says so right in their holy book.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Harley

ex-minister wrote:

Harley wrote:
One of the Iron Horsemen kept screaming at them to come down in front of the local clubhouse and protest. But Westboro apparently did not accept the invitation. Maybe they thought that god might not protect them down there.

Joshua 1:19 wrote:
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Our motorcycles "iron chariots" are too strong for gods people.

it says so right in their holy book.

Well there you go. There were outlaw bikers protecting the world from christianity even back then.  Smiling 

― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Damn it all.

You missed the Westboro protestors ?  What kind of rifle were you using ?

Just goes to show whatever the rifle, one should always invest in a high quality scope with the price of bullets now a days it is simply a waste of money to miss. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Damn it all.

What kills me, are how many christian fundamentalists talk EXACTLY like these Westboro lunatics, yet try to distance themselves from them as much as possible for fear of being branded the "lunatic" fringe. 

As much as I hate to say this, in one way I respect the Westboro assholes far more than I do some of the fundies that act just like them. 

At least the Westboro assholes show their true colors. 

Phelps and his filthy ilk, will gladly admit their god of the bible is a hate-filled tyrant that despises gays, sex outside of marriage etc. 

The 'fundie" will tell you that god is love and just merely wants to "save" you. 

Same beliefs IMO. Just different ways of preaching them. 

The Westboro psychos ARE Christian fundamentalists!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Just

Beyond Saving wrote:

Just goes to show whatever the rifle, one should always invest in a high quality scope with the price of bullets now a days it is simply a waste of money to miss. 

Funny you mention rifle scopes.  I'm on the verge of buying a Nikon scope with a bdc reticle for my Remington PSS  in .308.     I've had the rifle for years and I still haven't fired it ( speaking of wasting money )

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Beyond

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Funny you mention rifle scopes.  I'm on the verge of buying a Nikon scope with a bdc reticle for my Remington PSS  in .308.     I've had the rifle for years and I still haven't fired it ( speaking of wasting money )

Lol, I'm actually the same way with my rifles, I rarely ever actually use them unless I am going on a hunt where I am using one. The problem is there is no gun range around where I live that could actually use a rifle. The longest gun range in driving distance only has a target out to 100 yards which my shotgun is perfectly capable of reaching with slugs. So pretty much the only rifle I use on a somewhat regular basis is the .22. I wish I lived in an area where I could set up a shooting range that goes out several hundred yards. I'm not even sure if I could still consistently make a 500+ yard shot, my trigger pull and breathing discipline has gotten a little sloppy. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should open one.

You should open one. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.