User is offlineOffline
What caused the Big Bang?

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Have your

Jimenezj wrote:
Have your rabbi examine it in Hebrew . Behold (thy YESHUA[ Jesus] cometh ; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him. His Him The context Imply a proper name. Salvation is a person and not a thing or A event. He comes : His reward is With Him His work Before Him

I didn't need my rabbi to examine it.  I read it in Hebrew for myself.  Oh, and the vowel points are wrong for it to be "Yeshua".  Where do you people learn Hebrew?  Off a box of cereal?

First, proper names are NOT made possessive.  It would never be "your Jesus" or "your Moses" or whatever.

Second, I don't need some dead carpenter dude for my salvation.  Why should I settle for some dead guy when I've got the Creator of the entire Universe?

Third, assuming the messiah's name is going to be something like "Jesus" or "Yeshua", your dead carpenter guy wasn't the messiah on account of he was a dead carpenter guy.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Who pulled the trigger that caused the bang ?

Vastet is mostly right, but the short answer is that whatever caused the Big Bang was created by G-d.  Even if it was just the Laws of Nature that resulted in the event we call "The Big Bang".

I missed you. Time to start watching what I say again. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jimenezj
Theist
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

If what you are saying is true, then why did
Isaiah identified salvation as Him ? Explain.

His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.

Perhaps you think Isaiah Context is wrong ?
If you cannot explain, then Get a second opinion
and ask your rabbi.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Me to Furry (ditto) :

Vastet wrote:
FurryCatHerder wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Who pulled the trigger that caused the bang ?

Vastet is mostly right, but the short answer is that whatever caused the Big Bang was created by G-d.  Even if it was just the Laws of Nature that resulted in the event we call "The Big Bang".

I missed you. Time to start watching what I say again. Smiling

Sometimes when people reach out it shouldnt be alarming or excessively alarming.  With any outpouring, it can be hard to trust one's own ability to take it 'at face value'.  Just be Glad (and nothing more).

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If what you

Jimenezj wrote:
If what you are saying is true, then why did Isaiah identified salvation as Him ?

Because Hebrew has two genders -- masculine and feminine.

For example, certain words which refer to G-d are masculine.  This doesn't mean G-d is a "He", because other words which refer to G-d are feminine.  Which also doesn't mean G-d is a "She".

It means that Hebrew words have gender.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Jimenezj
Theist
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

The name Jesus is derived from two words:

Salvation=Hebrew Strong's 3468-"yesha, yeh-shah.notice how the "h" is treated as silent and not used in "yesha".  This happens a lot in Jewish names and words, the "h" is often dropped

יֶשַׁע yesha`

Now look at Jesus , which comes from the greek Iesous. The
 Hebrew translation is:

Yeshua (ישוע, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ - yēšūă‘ in Hebrew. 

If you study it, they both mean 
Salvation. Or in other words, 
God becomes salvation 

Isaiah 62:11

His reward is with him?
What reward? 
His work before him?
What work?
If Isaiah is not talking about a person , then what can salvation
By itself do? 
Can salvation by itself reward?
Can salvation by itself work? 
God is the only great worker.
Only God can give reward. 
But the text does not say;

Behold, my reward is with me.
And my work before me. 

It is logical that The responsibility of Reward and work is delegated to a live person and not a simple word. 

Here is your dead carpenter. (in your words)

Zechariah 12:10

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Genesis 3:15 

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

Revelation 22:11-12

Jesus said:
Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

It will be God's will. 

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:The name

Jimenezj wrote:
The name Jesus is derived from two words: Salvation=Hebrew Strong's 3468-"yesha, yeh-shah.notice how the "h" is treated as silent and not used in "yesha".  This happens a lot in Jewish names and words, the "h" is often dropped יֶשַׁע yesha` Now look at Jesus , which comes from the greek Iesous. The  Hebrew translation is: Yeshua (ישוע, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ - yēšūă‘ in Hebrew.  If you study it, they both mean  Salvation. Or in other words,  God becomes salvation  Isaiah 62:11 His reward is with him? What reward?  His work before him? What work? If Isaiah is not talking about a person , then what can salvation By itself do?  Can salvation by itself reward? Can salvation by itself work?  God is the only great worker. Only God can give reward.  But the text does not say; Behold, my reward is with me. And my work before me.  It is logical that The responsibility of Reward and work is delegated to a live person and not a simple word.  Here is your dead carpenter. (in your words) Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. Genesis 3:15  And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." Revelation 22:11-12 Jesus said: Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy." "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. It will be God's will. 

How is this related to the OP? Did Jesus cause the Big Bang?

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:The name

Jimenezj wrote:
The name Jesus is derived from two words:

There are NO texts which give Jesus's supposed actual HEBREW name.  The instances where people think they've found Jesus's name in some ancient text (mostly the Talmud) are a three letter abbreviation which means "His name is cursed".

There is NO historical evidence, outside of the Gospels and one or two forgeries which indicate Jesus ever existed.  There is historical evidence for John the Baptist, James, Peter and Paul.  There is NO evidence for Jesus.  NONE.

There is NO historical evidence, outside of the Gospel, that the miracles associated with the Passion Week EVER happened.  No earthquakes, no mass resurrections, no unexpected eclipses, none of those things.

As for salvation being a person, no.  Salvation is something G-d gives.  The only way you can get salvation is through your piety, and if that fails, your penitence.  You sinned, you have to clean it up yourself.

Jimenezj
Theist
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

Jesus comes from the Greek gospel.
Translate The Greek Jesus into Hebrew.
יֵשׁוּעַ and You will find it 30 times in the OT.
As for the historical Jesus.
Atheist historian :
Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist .

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote: Atheist

Jimenezj wrote:
Atheist historian : Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist .

Jesus probably did exist.   Simply existing does not verify claims of godhood, though.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Jesus comes

Jimenezj wrote:
Jesus comes from the Greek gospel. Translate The Greek Jesus into Hebrew. יֵשׁוּעַ and You will find it 30 times in the OT. As for the historical Jesus. Atheist historian : Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist .

Which Greek to Hebrew translation?  Assuming Jesus existed, his most likely name was "Joshua".  Look up the Hebrew meaning.  The most telling indication that yud-shin-vav-ayin isn't Jesus's name is that it's a meaningless word.  The root (the yud prefix would be the masculine personal pronoun "he&quotEye-wink "שׁוּעַ" doesn't translate into Hebrew.  Don't believe me?  Go ask Google -- http://translate.google.com.

And appearing in the Tanakh is irrelevant -- my Hebrew name appears quite a few times in the Tanakh and I assure you that the writer wasn't talking about me.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Atheist historian : Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist .

Jesus probably did exist.   Simply existing does not verify claims of godhood, though.

I'll agree with that statement for the sake of moving an argument forward, but the more I learn, the more I'm convinced that "Jesus" is a mashup of Peter, James and John the Baptist.

For example, it's an historical fact that James was a charismatic leader at the Temple in Jerusalem, and that what he taught, as well as the Christian writings that are attributed to him, were consistent (for the most part) with Torah Judaism.  The fact that we know this, with certainty, about James and know nothing at all, outside the Gospels, about Jesus points very strongly to Jesus being a fabrication.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
4.6 x 10^26 cm / 1 x 10^9 cm/sec = יֵשׁו

Jimenezj wrote:
Jesus comes from the Greek gospel. Translate The Greek Jesus into Hebrew. יֵשׁוּעַ and You will find it 30 times in the OT. As for the historical Jesus. Atheist historian : Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist .

Where are the transitional forms between the Greek jesus and the Hebrew jesus?

And...

Why do you appeal to Ehrman's authority in regard to the historicity of jesus, but promptly abandon that same authority in regard to the resurrection and other supernatural claims attached to jesus?

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Jimenezj

Brian37 wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Your statement is absurd. Science is impossible to perform Without causality principles. You cannot break the laws of physics in the Natural world . Now if you are speaking of the unnatural world, A world not governed by physics then yes it is Possible. But this unnatural world is what the bible calls, The Spiritual world. Science is natural .

Science is natural and part of nature is the human ability to make shit up. There is no difference between the gullibility of the Ancient Egyptians falsely believing the sun was a god and your gullibility in your emotional desire to want your own pet deity to be real. The only difference is that yours is a religion waiting to become part of the graveyard of myth. The only difference between a religion and a myth is time.

God/s/god/deity/super natural/ entities are all human invented superstitions, including yours. It is not our baggage that you simply do not want to face that.

Hey, but I can see the sun and being able to see something, I don't know, helps with the credibility.

But monotheist would prefer their god(s) be invisible, kind of like he is dead. And for one of them that is true. Ever noticed how wonderful people are after they are dead? We give eulogies, speak well. Once dead you can make up just about anything about them. So in order to make god in our image he has to be dead and/or invisible. The sun therefore had to disqualified. But a far as god go it wasn't a bad choice.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/