Voyager reaching outer limits of our solar system

The Anti-theist
atheist
The Anti-theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voyager reaching outer limits of our solar system

I'm not even a scientist and I get this..

Daily Mail Voyager 1 leaves the solar system

mod edit fixed link

"You see I think drugs have done some good thing for us, I really do. If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor go home tonight and take all your albums, all you tapes, and all your CD's and burn them. Because those musicians that have made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years... RRRRRRReal fucking high on drugs" Bill Hicks

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
It truly is awesome Perhaps

It truly is awesome

Perhaps it is time to update the meme. "Science flies us to the moon, religion flies us into buildings" to "Sciences flies us past the solar system, religion flies us into buildings"

I went out last night and laid on the ground looking up into quite a clear sky with my binoculars. I saw two manmade sattelites going in opposite directions. It was very cool. If man and his religions don't kill us first it will be incredible to be the vehicle that explores the universe. Religion does not like science, but it is the mankind's greatest accomplishment.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Found an article in science

Found an article in science daily with more detail

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120615114827.htm

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't wish to negate the

I don't wish to negate the awesome of this, but they've been saying this for about 5 years. Problem is that we don't know exactly where it ends as yet, so it could be another 5 to 10 before it actually happens.

Pretty sweet stuff though. Glad we stopped at 2. No desire to see V'GER. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shall we say it is a tad

Shall we say it is a tad more awesome than finding a tiny relic from the town of Bethlehem?

Religion Kills !!!

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
I don't wish to negate the awesome of this, but they've been saying this for about 5 years. Problem is that we don't know exactly where it ends as yet, so it could be another 5 to 10 before it actually happens. Pretty sweet stuff though. Glad we stopped at 2. No desire to see V'GER. > >

Actually until we get "there" we have no idea what "there" is nor how to define it. The difference between here and there was speculation. One observing the "change" we discover it is not like we thought it would be.
The rational person says, change the defintion.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suspect that in a hundred

I suspect that in a hundred years or so, we'll have discovered that the size and shape of the solar system varies pretty significantly.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.