Brian Sapient, some input if I may for when you update the site.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian Sapient, some input if I may for when you update the site.

This has always been for me the most censor free hands off website I have been on, and for that has been at the top of my list.

But there are a couple attributes right now it doesn't have that I like that other sites have.

One is the ability to click on a specific page of a thread. I do like that the original OP is always at the top of each page. But sometimes I simply like to get to the last page instead of clicking on the thread going to the first page and then clicking on the last page.

The other thing I like to see is the number of views a thread has.

Maybe these questions may have been brought up before, but as always, ultimately no matter how you proceed forward, this will still be my oasis.

Oh, and could you make a new update that makes it mandatory for Angelina Jolie to marry me? What?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Another vote

In any thread, I'd also like to be able to go straight to the first unread (by me) post in that thread.

Still, that'll need new forum software no doubt.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:In any thread, I'd

x wrote:

In any thread, I'd also like to be able to go straight to the first unread (by me) post in that thread.

That is how the site will work.  You will have options of last read post, first page, and last page.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Spunktabulous, I think

Sapient wrote:

That is how the site will work.  You will have options of last read post, first page, and last page.

I presume one can also go to next page, previous page, page 6 etc.?

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough and thanks for the great site.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
It would be cool to see how

It would be cool to see how many views a thread has.

Maybe also give each user a ratings system or something?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 I'm sorry to say the

I'm sorry to say the upgrade is now being held off until the fall/winter.  The day job took over for both myself and my main helper.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get lost in the world of the UpGrade (give birth to the UpGrade)

If the UpGrade is held off, wonderful more time to think about what you want to get. One of the keys to Upgrading, is to get lost in the world of whatever software you choose to be running.  People are very kind and dont show any hesitation in contacting three or even four people who have already upgraded.  I noticed with the software your using now it tracts you wherever you go.  Ideally,  It would be nice to retain that feature and (ideally) have a way to tell when others have 'posted' by other member's posts.  I am confused why this isnt included.   Personal comment,  Dont introduce  chat,  I have been on five boards where one somebody specifically gets the bright idea of adding the ability to chat.  Don't  do it!!  If the software you settle on includes it for free, disable it immediately.  It is a huge pain and major distraction, IQs drop about 50 points often times. So, When you do, held off or not remember that. Even if later on. Finally, It'd help to know what you are thinking about running. Only because we dont know what features are even available. 

:

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
As long as the site

As long as this site keeps running. I am happy. I have enjoyed being here from the moment I came on board. I would say that in the couple of years that I have been here, I have gained more debating points and information than I could have gathered in a decade. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I'm sorry to

Sapient wrote:

I'm sorry to say the upgrade is now being held off until the fall/winter.  The day job took over for both myself and my main helper.  

I agree with the above that I'm just glad the site is here the way it is.

What were you planning to do with this update anyway?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 The upgrade will make

The upgrade will make things faster and make the forums a little friendlier.  Obviously the change will be a wee bit shocking to most of us, but within an hour I expect all regular users to be happier overall with the added functions.  Like for example, after making a post you will end up at your post rather than the first post.  When visiting the forum after a few days off you will be able to head straight to your last read post, or straight to the last post.  The site will run much faster as well.  

My primary concern always has been and always will be keeping old content, and preserving the message board.  

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: The upgrade

Sapient wrote:

The upgrade will make things faster and make the forums a little friendlier.  Obviously the change will be a wee bit shocking to most of us, but within an hour I expect all regular users to be happier overall with the added functions.  Like for example, after making a post you will end up at your post rather than the first post.  When visiting the forum after a few days off you will be able to head straight to your last read post, or straight to the last post.  The site will run much faster as well.  

My primary concern always has been and always will be keeping old content, and preserving the message board.  

Yeah, I just bumped the "Jesus-Is" thread from over a year ago!  Is Mellestad still here or is he gone too? He starte that thread.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Yeah, I just bumped the "Jesus-Is" thread from over a year ago!  Is Mellestad still here or is he gone too? He starte that thread.

I miss Mellestad . Saw a post on here a couple of months ago, but that has been about it. I miss Answers in Gene Simmons, Sandycane, Kapkao, CJ and Sandycane. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

I miss Mellestad . Saw a post on here a couple of months ago, but that has been about it. I miss Answers in Gene Simmons, Sandycane, Kapkao, CJ and Sandycane. 

What the hell happened to them?? I mean it's a FREE forum! Even if you have financial problems you could still drop by every month or 2!

I mean I've been gone months at a time but I always come back unlike the mythical Jesus!

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

What the hell happened to them?? I mean it's a FREE forum! Even if you have financial problems you could still drop by every month or 2!

I mean I've been gone months at a time but I always come back unlike the mythical Jesus!

I know that Sandycane had started her own business and CJ was in school full time. (The last time that I heard anything). As for the others, I don't know. 

― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Soon, imminent return

jesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Laughing out loud So your definition of soon is valid and meaningful. I like that.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Pookie, if you were over 60, had a full time job, and were taking 3 regular classes, you, too, would be too pooped to surf the RRS site at night.  Job is over, classes are over, I'm bored, so I'm back.  I'm poking around and getting a feel for where the conversations are going.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.