Get 'em while they're warm

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Get 'em while they're warm

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/25/210198.html

extract:

"The appeal came in a message sent by Dr. Mervat al-Talawi, head of the NCW, to the Egyptian People’s Assembly Speaker, Dr. Saad al-Katatni, addressing the woes of Egyptian women, especially after the popular uprising that toppled president Hosni Mubarak in February 2011.

She was referring to two laws: one that would legalize the marriage of girls starting from the age of 14 and the other that permits a husband to have sex with his dead wife within the six hours following her death."

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find it pretty morbid

I find it pretty morbid that anyone would want to have sex with a dead spouse. 

If my long-time girlfriend died today, I would be saddened, grief stricken, depressed and probably drunk. 

The LAST thing on my mind would be sex.

Maybe there are more necrophiliacs in the Egypt government than we could have ever guessed.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Zaq
atheist
Zaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
It happens when you're

It happens when you're country's run by mummies...

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funnily enough

My mind went to exactly the same place...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Odd. I suppose I kinda get

Odd. I suppose I kinda get it, but wouldn't be going there myself. The dead aren't particularly attractive to me.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love my wife, I also think

I love my wife, I also think she is really hot, but... sex with her after she has died.. really. This sounds like one of those "male dominating" or "having the last say" over his wife.

I can imagine there are some really sick assholes who would want to do some thing to the body which the woman would have never allowed during the time that she was alive.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read

I read the full article;, and it also stated the government was going to extend the privilege  that a wife could have sex with a dead husband up to 6 hours after. Now how the hell could that even be remotely possible ?  

It's all pretty morbid if you ask me, and some people say that I am crazy. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Some fighting back

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/27/after-arab-spring-sexual-revolution

"I agree with most of what she said but I think that the one thing that she might be reluctant to admit is that it's not about men hating women, it's about monotheistic religions hating women," says Joumana Haddad, a Lebanese author and journalist.

"They continually reinforce patriarchal standards and patterns that have existed long before. There is no harmony possible between monotheism and women's rights. The teachings deny women their dignity and rights."

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
And in Denmark, the age of

And in Denmark, the age of consent is 15. In spain, it's *13*.

In the vatican, it's 12.

(cuz... when you need some o' that altar boy lovin'... you need it NOW and can't be bothered to check to see if the poor kid has even reached puberty yet!)

Just to inject a little context here. Not sure why corpsefucking is necessarily objectionable, here. I would think rape of living women and lack of spousal consent-ONLY law would be faaarrrr more noteworthy.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
OK

Kapkao wrote:
Not sure why corpsefucking is necessarily objectionable, here. I would think

rape of living women and lack of spousal consent-ONLY law 

would be faaarrrr more noteworthy.

Yeah, corpsefucking is a 'victimless crime', but one can see why the protestors chose such a juicy soundbite.

Assuming the report is accurate, it does make one wonder why a political lobby group just had to have corpse love enshrined in law.

I would have thought that Sharia law already has little time for spousal consent, but I haven't checked.

What do you mean by 'ONLY'?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:What do you mean by

x wrote:

What do you mean by 'ONLY'?

In most of the world's domestic territories, there is no law that says a wife's consent is required before going horizontal.

I wonder if there's laws against hogtying/shocking/pincusioning/lashing/paddling (and other assorted S&M stuff) one's wife without her consent...

edit;

My mistake

So 1. it isn't an issue in the place in question to begin with 2. I guest I should have said "majority of world's population ".

Grey areas obviously represent 'uncategorized by Wikiped editors', but I think it's safe to say it's illegal in Greenland, since Greenland is a part of Denmark.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I may be some time

Kapkao wrote:

I wonder if there's laws against hogtying/shocking/pincusioning/lashing/paddling (and other assorted S&M stuff) one's wife without her consent...

edit;

My mistake

So 1. it isn't an issue in the place in question to begin with 2. I guest I should have said "majority of world's population ".

Grey areas obviously represent 'uncategorized by Wikiped editors', but I think it's safe to say it's illegal in Greenland, since Greenland is a part of Denmark.

Interesting about China.

Flagellation is big with some Christians and Shias and a site I'd better not link to says:

"To an increasing number of people spirituality is becoming an important part of their BDSM lifestyle. This may take many shapes and forms, from wicca to Zen-Buhddism and many other - often very personal - forms.

There are many other cross-overs as well, for example to aroma-therapy, alternative medicine, yoga, New Age and other formats. This increasingly brings new, exciting elements and influences into the BDSM realm.

Many others wrestle with their belief and upbringing and the apparant paradox between that and the BDSM lifestyle. There are specific groups and websites, dealing with for example Christianity and BDSM or Islam and BDSM.
"

Anyway, after a long day of mainly reading Islamic history, I'd better go and do some more BDSM research.

I'll start with Alternative medicine and BDSM, maybe homeopathy.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Interesting about

x wrote:

Interesting about China.

Flagellation is big with some Christians and Shias and a site I'd better not link to says:

"To an increasing number of people spirituality is becoming an important part of their BDSM lifestyle. This may take many shapes and forms, from wicca to Zen-Buhddism and many other - often very personal - forms.

There are many other cross-overs as well, for example to aroma-therapy, alternative medicine, yoga, New Age and other formats. This increasingly brings new, exciting elements and influences into the BDSM realm.

Many others wrestle with their belief and upbringing and the apparant paradox between that and the BDSM lifestyle. There are specific groups and websites, dealing with for example Christianity and BDSM or Islam and BDSM.
"

Anyway, after a long day of mainly reading Islamic history, I'd better go and do some more BDSM research.

I'll start with Alternative medicine and BDSM, maybe homeopathy.

Alright, this is just plain cruel. Laughing out loud You're beginning to paint religions in a positive light in my PoV. Free ass-slappings for all, huh?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just don't furget ur safewurd

Kapkao wrote:

Alright, this is just plain cruel. Laughing out loud You're beginning to paint religions in a positive light in my PoV. Free ass-slappings for all, huh?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X