atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Makes one wonder. Just how

Makes one wonder. Just how many centuries and countries has such a practice been subject to?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Makes one

Vastet wrote:
Makes one wonder. Just how many centuries and countries has such a practice been subject to?

If the catholic church was involved I suspect dozens of countries over hundreds of years.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Damn, that's

Damn, that's terrible. 

And that's not the first scandal from Europe. You accuse the clergy of molesting you, they cut your balls off.

http://www.ucanews.com/2012/03/20/now-a-castration-scandal-rocks-the-dutch-catholic-church/

The fact is, that sterilisation was a popular politically supported practice around 1950's, a part of eugenic agenda known for example from Sweden. The Roman Catholic Church didn't invent it, it only happily participated.
I hope this is today a thing of past, together with occipital lobotomy, electric shock treatment, electric chair and mainstream racism.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote: Damn, that's

Luminon wrote:

Damn, that's terrible. 

And that's not the first scandal from Europe. You accuse the clergy of molesting you, they cut your balls off.

http://www.ucanews.com/2012/03/20/now-a-castration-scandal-rocks-the-dutch-catholic-church/

The fact is, that sterilisation was a popular politically supported practice around 1950's, a part of eugenic agenda known for example from Sweden. The Roman Catholic Church didn't invent it, it only happily participated.
I hope this is today a thing of past, together with occipital lobotomy, electric shock treatment, electric chair and mainstream racism.

I went to a catholic church/school for many years. There were several gay priests there and numerous stories about abuse of altar boys. I don't recall any one ever getting in trouble, no castrations but I do remember parents pulling kids from the school because of the bullshit going on. My parents pulled me in the 4th grade.