Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)

I post all over the web, but I want a back up in case my computer or one particular website goes down.

I have decided to edit this post because I do not like giving people the wrong impression. I cannot read Shakespeare to save my life. I just remember this one line from act 5 scene 5 and put my own spin on it. I've had to explain this over and over so here I decided to put that in this post so there is no more presuming what I know or don't know. But the plot of MacBeth is the old lesson, you can have everything and nothing at all at the same time. And how did all that cruelty serve you in the end? But I do not like play summeries calling him a Nihisist, because it is possible to not do what he did, and accept life as being finite, and sitll have morals without religion. 

NEW EDIT 9/19/22 I got pissed at myself that I was scared to read MacBeth, so tonight, I forced myself to read it online. Now mind you, I did not understand it line for line, but basically Macbeth was an assdhole who murdered his way to the top, and did not believe the 3 witches prophcies. He murdered Duncan and had Banquo murdered. Banquo's ghost haunts Macbeth. And made the grave mistake of attacking McDuff's family and killing them(If I am reading this correctly) But Lady MacBeth has a guilty conscience and kills herself, upon finding out Macbeth basically says that life is not worth living and he should go down with a fight anyway, but refuses to fight  Macduff face to face and Macduff kills him as the hero. ( I SERIOUSLY read the entire play every line, tonight.  I even know where the famous line "double double, toil and trouble". comes from. The three witches, basically saying "look out Macbeth" your ass is in trouble. 

So basically the moral of the play, don't be a fucking asshole when trying to get to the top, or "the bigger they are the harder they fall". Reminds me of the movie Scarface and all the shitty things Tony did to get to the top and all for not. But Sosa in that case was not a good guy either.

QUOTE WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE MACBETH:"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Here is my spin on that wonderful and profound line:

Out, Out brief candle, By Brian37

To-deities, and to-gods, and to-God

Creeps in this petty tyrant from day to day

Until the extinction of humanity new ones will be invented

And all our yesterday's Gods have been created by fools

The way to tribal death. Out out brief myth

Claims are but a walking shadow, a poor reflection

That struts our narcissism upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by the credulous, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing.

(END)

To all reading this thread, you may spread the link to this thread BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO POST INDIVIDUAL POEMS! Brian Sapient the owner of this website is full aware of my real name and my physical address. You will not get away with passing yourself off as me! ALL POEMS IN THIS THREAD ARE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE PERSON(ME) and may not be distributed without MY permission.

CHECK OUT MY NEW POETRY BLOG AT >>  www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Loaded Words, By Brian37

Loaded Words, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 Twitter)

Remembering not

Everyone forgets

Seeing one point of view

People become tribal

Epecting everyone to follow

Certianty becomes dogma

The forms of religion and political

Sorry Aretha it means not what you intend

Most of the time

When employed

"Dont bruise my ego"

Or "Know your place"

"Honor" and "virtue"

"Code" and "morality"

All loaded words

Subject to local ideas

"Atheist" "Theist"

"Race" or "Nationalist"

Do not automaticaly

Make us good or bad

We come from

The same past

And in the future

Our species wont last

The word "respect"

Far too abused

I replace it 

With the word "value"

Pens are mighty

Swords are deadly

Lets extend our ride

By skiping the violence

Blasphemy and insults

Are going to happen

Civility is 

In how you respond

Loaded words

Are points of view

But in the end

One thing is true

All we have

Is this one home

All 7 billion

Are still the same species.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^Brian makes a shitty poem

^Brian makes a shitty poem to collect as many of his ignorant and stupid quotes as he can in one place.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^Brian makes a

Vastet wrote:
^Brian makes a shitty poem to collect as many of his ignorant and stupid quotes as he can in one place.

There once was a guy name Vastet

His childish behavior was classic

As he made his posts

He spewed more nonsense

Because he thought he was the center of the universe

"respect" IS  a loaded word. If people used it the way they say it should mean, I would have no problem with it. But people like Ibweik stupidly think a mere title means they deserve no questioning or blasphemy. 

You "respect" a volcano beacause it is dangerous. You don't "respect" taboos just like you know that vocano can explode.

"Respect" is used in the vast majority of time as a passive agressive word to shut down scrutiny of the claim.

But please by all means keep bumping this thread. I don't mind one bit.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^Brian makes a

Vastet wrote:

Would you like me to repost the post here in this thread where you complemented me on my poetry? You are acting just like a theist who is fine with a family member before the atheist devulges they are an atheist. When the atheist comes out suddenly the theist goes from loving their family member to treating them like the spawn of satan.

My tactics have never changed since I first got on line long before you and I met. You suddenly turned on me because I didn't agree with you. This is nothing more than highschool childish bullshit on your part.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Now here is what I am

Now here is what I am willing to do but I'd place bets like a bratty child you won't do. And Ibweik is welcome to do the same. Bob and I have Skype, and I am sure he is willing to like I am to get on line and battle this out. Now, if you would pull your stuborn heads out of your asses, you would find, like when I have him and John on with me, THEY DO NOT always agree with me. 

But what I will not do, for you or anyone else is apologize for being human, nor will I bow to mere titles. Ball is in your court now. I am inviting you to not just put it in words here, but give you the ability to bich me out in voice. I have to go out today, but any time during my evening I am home. 

Otherwise, you need to accept you simply dont like me. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Marking Your Territory, By

Marking Your Territory, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

The mountain lion

Sits atop the cliff

Looks down at the valley

Seeking to dominate it

Humans stupidly think

We are above that

The reality is

We are no different

We find a pattern

Find comfort in it

And mark our territory

To protect it

Religion is

Nothing more

Than an anthropomorpic

Display of this behavior

It is compitition 

Not magic

No god is involved

In our failure or success

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

As he made his posts

He spewed more nonsense

"respect" IS  a loaded word. If people used it the way they say it should mean, I would have no problem with it. But people like Ibweik stupidly think a mere title means they deserve no questioning or blasphemy. 

You "respect" a volcano beacause it is dangerous. You don't "respect" taboos just like you know that vocano can explode.

"Respect" is used in the vast majority of time as a passive agressive word to shut down scrutiny of the claim.

Brian writes a poem about himself.

Brian37 wrote:
Would you like me to repost the post here in this thread where you complemented me on my poetry? You are acting just like a theist who is fine with a family member before the atheist devulges they are an atheist. When the atheist comes out suddenly the theist goes from loving their family member to treating them like the spawn of satan.

My tactics have never changed since I first got on line long before you and I met. You suddenly turned on me because I didn't agree with you. This is nothing more than highschool childish bullshit on your part.

Brian makes shit up, and again describes himself.

Brian37 wrote:
Now here is what I am willing to do but I'd place bets like a bratty child you won't do. And Ibweik is welcome to do the same. Bob and I have Skype, and I am sure he is willing to like I am to get on line and battle this out. Now, if you would pull your stuborn heads out of your asses, you would find, like when I have him and John on with me, THEY DO NOT always agree with me. 

But what I will not do, for you or anyone else is apologize for being human, nor will I bow to mere titles. Ball is in your court now. I am inviting you to not just put it in words here, but give you the ability to bich me out in voice. I have to go out today, but any time during my evening I am home. 

Otherwise, you need to accept you simply dont like me. 

Brian makes shit up again. I don't know why Brian thinks I would have any interest in speaking with him anymore. He has proved it to be a waste of time. This is far more productive.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Now here is

Brian37 wrote:

LMFAO, do you actually construct arguments and respond to the actual points made in a verbal argument? You can't be coherent in a format where you have time to edit, rewrite and refer directly back to what the other person said. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

As he made his posts

He spewed more nonsense

Brian writes a poem about himself.
Brian37 wrote:
Would you like me to repost the post here in this thread where you complemented me on my poetry? You are acting just like a theist who is fine with a family member before the atheist devulges they are an atheist. When the atheist comes out suddenly the theist goes from loving their family member to treating them like the spawn of satan. My tactics have never changed since I first got on line long before you and I met. You suddenly turned on me because I didn't agree with you. This is nothing more than highschool childish bullshit on your part.
Brian makes shit up, and again describes himself.
Brian37 wrote:
Now here is what I am willing to do but I'd place bets like a bratty child you won't do. And Ibweik is welcome to do the same. Bob and I have Skype, and I am sure he is willing to like I am to get on line and battle this out. Now, if you would pull your stuborn heads out of your asses, you would find, like when I have him and John on with me, THEY DO NOT always agree with me.  But what I will not do, for you or anyone else is apologize for being human, nor will I bow to mere titles. Ball is in your court now. I am inviting you to not just put it in words here, but give you the ability to bich me out in voice. I have to go out today, but any time during my evening I am home.  Otherwise, you need to accept you simply dont like me. 
Brian makes shit up again. I don't know why Brian thinks I would have any interest in speaking with him anymore. He has proved it to be a waste of time. This is far more productive.

Then if I am making up shit you have nothing to lose do you? You love thinking you are verbally bitch slapping me here, so wouldn't it be even more satisfying to to say it to me in voice? I am so much of a waste of time you continually respond to me. Nice work there. 

This is more productive?HA, in what context? To outside readers who don't know either of us who can decide for themselves? Yea. I agree, but you are the one refusing to accept that religions are nothing more than human inventions. Not me. 

I'm not afraid of talking to you. But thanks for proving to me that you are a childish brat.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Then if I am

Brian37 wrote:
Then if I am making up shit you have nothing to lose do you?

Brian apparently doesn't appreciate I have nothing to gain, and plenty to lose. I'd have to buy a computer to be able to use skype, and I'd have little use for one.

Brian37 wrote:
You love thinking you are verbally bitch slapping me here, so wouldn't it be even more satisfying to to say it to me in voice?

Brian doesn't realise I AM bitch slapping him here, publically. Why would I care to do so privately? What could possibly be accomplished that can't be accomplished here?

Brian37 wrote:
I am so much of a waste of time you continually respond to me. Nice work there. 

Brian doesn't get the point of my constant responses to his gibbering, despite the fact I clearly laid it out for all to see.

Brian37 wrote:
This is more productive?HA, in what context? To outside readers who don't know either of us who can decide for themselves? Yea. I agree, but you are the one refusing to accept that religions are nothing more than human inventions. Not me. 

Brian makes more things up. I almost wonder where he gets his delusions, but it's probably best I don't delve too deeply into that abyss.

Brian37 wrote:
I'm not afraid of talking to you. But thanks for proving to me that you are a childish brat.

Brian again describes himself.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
(eye roll) i got a better

(eye roll) i got a better idea. why don't we all agree on a place for every active member of RRS to fly to--our rich, evil fat cat members like beyond and EXC will foot the bill--and they can form a ring around the two of us while we resort to fisticuffs? schoolyard honor, right? jesus jumped-up christ, brian, get it the fuck together...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I doubt Beyond would be

I doubt Beyond would be interested unless there was a return on his investment. And EXC would get stomped along with Brian if it were to happen, so I can't see him going for it either.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Nonsense, I am always

Nonsense, I am always willing to pay for quality entertainment, count me in. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I stand corrected. lol

I stand corrected. lol

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
But clearly Brian isn't the

But clearly Brian isn't the type to pick himself up after getting knocked down, so it would be pretty brief entertainment. Perhaps if we rent a 6 year old from a sweatshop to fight for iwbiek it would be a fair fight and I'd at least have a chance to recoup some of my losses on the betting. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I could hold him up, like a

I could hold him up, like a boxing coach holds the bag. That would increase the time frame at least a little bit.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:But

Beyond Saving wrote:

But clearly Brian isn't the type to pick himself up after getting knocked down, so it would be pretty brief entertainment. Perhaps if we rent a 6 year old from a sweatshop to fight for iwbiek it would be a fair fight and I'd at least have a chance to recoup some of my losses on the betting. 

shit, i'd think twice about fighting a sweatshop kid. they look like wirey, mean little bastards to me. i'm not interested in getting kicked with a razor blade hidden in a sneaker or having my ear bit off.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:But

Beyond Saving wrote:

"Pick myself up"? Oh you mean "fuck the poor"? Keep it up. You still meet the same fate regardless of your paycheck or boarder or nationality or economic view or religion. " I wouldn't have been online on several pages over the past 14 years. 

You are NOT anymore special that the dinosaurs were when the meteor hit this planet. None of us will be arround 5 billion years from now, not you, not me. Get over yourself.

This is nothing more than some here getting pissy at me pointing out that reality.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:"Pick myself

Brian37 wrote:
"Pick myself up"? Oh you mean "fuck the poor"?

Brian loves strawmen.

Brian37 wrote:
You still meet the same fate regardless of your paycheck or boarder or nationality or economic view or religion.

Brian REALLY loves strawmen.

Brian37 wrote:
I wouldn't have been online on several pages over the past 14 years. 

Now that sounds like paradise.

Brian37 wrote:
You are NOT anymore special that the dinosaurs were when the meteor hit this planet. None of us will be arround 5 billion years from now, not you, not me. Get over yourself.

Brian should take his own words to heart. Too bad Brian is a hypocrite.

Brian37 wrote:
This is nothing more than some here getting pissy at me pointing out that reality.

Brian still doesn't comprehend that what he calls reality is really a fantasy that exists only in his little mind.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:(eye roll) i

iwbiek wrote:
(eye roll) i got a better idea. why don't we all agree on a place for every active member of RRS to fly to--our rich, evil fat cat members like beyond and EXC will foot the bill--and they can form a ring around the two of us while we resort to fisticuffs? schoolyard honor, right? jesus jumped-up christ, brian, get it the fuck together...

Stop it asshole, look at your flag before you side with Beyond.

I am not calling him evil anymore than I think you are evil. I am saying your logic SUCKS!

Now again I point out to him rich people who agree with me and not him and he ignores that. Just like you fail to understand that Marx lead to Stalin and Che lead to Cuba.

You act like liberal Christians when you say boo to religion will give cover to right wingers because they share the same label Christian.

There is no magic pill or script to "all this". We were not here 4 billion years ago and we will not be here 5 billion years from now.

What humans CAN do in our imperfect world is allow for the differences WITHOUT clinging to old books and ideas that have no evidence for them. Now do not be an asshole ad claim there are no bad ideas you rightfully know harm humanity when they get to a political level. 

If I was the evil meany you stupidly want to paint me out to be I wouldn't be simply saying "fuck you" or "bullshit". I would be demand you get banned and I would demand laws preventing you from even saying the bullshit you respond with. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:"Pick myself

Brian37 wrote:

"Pick myself up"? Oh you mean "fuck the poor"?

No, I mean take some punishment and get back on your feet and into the fight. 

Brian37 wrote:

So the only thing that matters in life is how it ends? How sad is it that the only thing you consider important is that everyone else is going to die too?

Brian37 wrote:

You wouldn't know reality if it was teabagging you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Stop it

Brian37 wrote:
Stop it asshole, look at your flag before you side with Beyond.

It is funny how Brian has united diametrically opposing views into a single entity which exists for the sole purpose of opposing Brian. I guess the old saying is true: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least until my enemy is destroyed, then we can go back to being enemies.

Brian37 wrote:
I am not calling him evil anymore than I think you are evil. I am saying your logic SUCKS!

Brian thinks logic sucks.

Brian37 wrote:
Now again I point out to him rich people who agree with me and not him and he ignores that.

Brian lies and drops a red herring/strawman combo. 0 points are awarded for 0 damage.

Brian37 wrote:
Just like you fail to understand that Marx lead to Stalin and Che lead to Cuba.

Brian will never understand that repeating lies doesn't make lies into truth.

Brian37 wrote:
You act like liberal Christians when you say boo to religion will give cover to right wingers because they share the same label Christian.

Never enough strawmen.

Brian37 wrote:
There is no magic pill or script to "all this". We were not here 4 billion years ago and we will not be here 5 billion years from now.

Never enough red herrings either.

Brian37 wrote:
What humans CAN do in our imperfect world is allow for the differences WITHOUT clinging to old books and ideas that have no evidence for them.

Like Dawkins, for example.

Brian37 wrote:
Now do not be an asshole ad claim there are no bad ideas you rightfully know harm humanity when they get to a political level. 

As if iwbiek ever said that.

Brian37 wrote:
If I was the evil meany you stupidly want to paint me out to be I wouldn't be simply saying "fuck you" or "bullshit". I would be demand you get banned and I would demand laws preventing you from even saying the bullshit you respond with. 

Brian knows very well that he cannot demand anyone get banned. So this claim is empty.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian REALLY

Vastet wrote:

www.nydailynews.com/news/world/man-dies-sex-scarecrow-strapped-sex-toy-article-1.2172316

I'm not one to judge, but apparently a straw man fetish can be dangerous.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Just like you

Brian37 wrote:

no, YOU fail to understand that marx led to west german social democracy, the scandinavian welfare states, and british labour party reforms.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

no, YOU fail to understand that marx led to west german social democracy, the scandinavian welfare states, and british labour party reforms.

The stupid idea that a economic view and the fans of such forget is that of "timing". Again, when you say "it works" NO SHIT, but "For who" also forgets long term and timing.

When people claim economics is a science I don't dissagree. It is still a form of apology that sides with the group arguing for it. 

It isn't a matter of open vs closed systems. It is a matter of anti monopoly which favors more open societies. Considering what they lead to hardly is a good argument for economic pluralism. Don't feel bad, Beyond's "fuck the poor" isn't that much better.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:

www.nydailynews.com/news/world/man-dies-sex-scarecrow-strapped-sex-toy-article-1.2172316

I'm not one to judge, but apparently a straw man fetish can be dangerous.

I think the headline alone told me more than I want to know...

Brian37 wrote:
The stupid idea that a economic view and the fans of such forget is that of "timing".

Brian thinks timing matters more than ideas. I suppose Brian is still stuck on the age old riddle on the chicken and the egg. Without an idea, the timing of an idea is completely irrelevant.

Brian37 wrote:
Again, when you say "it works" NO SHIT, but "For who" also forgets long term and timing.

Brian continues to be a broken record on something that has been adequately ridiculed.

Brian37 wrote:
When people claim economics is a science I don't dissagree. It is still a form of apology that sides with the group arguing for it. 

Brian delivers another example of his ignorance on multiple subjects.

Brian37 wrote:
It isn't a matter of open vs closed systems.

And again.

Brian37 wrote:
It is a matter of anti monopoly which favors more open societies.

And again.

Brian37 wrote:
Considering what they lead to hardly is a good argument for economic pluralism. Don't feel bad, Beyond's "fuck the poor" isn't that much better.

And again.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

The stupid idea that a economic view and the fans of such forget is that of "timing". Again, when you say "it works" NO SHIT, but "For who" also forgets long term and timing.

so then you admit that marxism doesn't inevitably lead to stalinist dictatorships.  iow, you admit you were wrong.  thanks.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The stupid

Brian37 wrote:

Making it even more clear that you have never read Marx. 

Brian37 wrote:

That is good, because you are nowhere near qualified or informed enough to have an opinion on the debate of whether or not economics is a science.

Brian37 wrote:

It isn't a matter of open vs closed systems.

Do you know the difference between an open economy and a closed economy? Do you know which economic views promote closed economies? Of course you don't.

Brian37 wrote:

It is a matter of anti monopoly which favors more open societies. Considering what they lead to hardly is a good argument for economic pluralism.

Good thing that iwbiek has never been a proponent of economic pluralism. 

Brian37 wrote:

Don't feel bad, Beyond's "fuck the poor" isn't that much better.

I never fuck the poor, it takes too long to wash off the stench. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You morons are so worried

You morons are so worried about one person, me. Who cares about the assholes who did this, who cares.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/pakistan-free-speech-activist-sabeen-mahmud-killed/index.html

Oh and here is what I mean by "Loaded Words"."Honor" is so important, we must protect the word "Just because",

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-family-members-charged-in-texas-honor-killing-of-iranian-activist/

You really expect me to give one fuck what you call me or think of me? We get to go to bed at night, these victims have to live in fear every day.

Now ask me if I care what you say about me.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Chamber Music, By Brian37

Chamber Music, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Misleading is thus the title

Yellowstone sits on  a volcano

With a magma chamber

Bigger than thought prior

Just like the meteor

That killed the dinousaurs

Only a fool would think

We are important to all this

The tsunami in Japan

The earthquake in Napal

The Chile volcano

Diverting flights

And petty humans

Default to violence

For no other reason

Than tribalism

So to my "detractors"

Yes I am talking to you

Get your priorties in order

You have better things to do

My word choice

My blasphemy

Your opinions of me

Are nothing but bluster

Claw at the sky in vain

We all die the same

You are the petty ones

Stuck on titles and rolls

The music of the universe

Will play on without us

Sometimes a placid symphony 

Sometimes Metallica's "Fade To Black"

I am not concerned

With anyone liking me

I am concerned with petty violence

Knowing how unimportant we are to all this.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You morons are

Brian37 wrote:
You morons are so worried about one person, me. Who cares about the assholes who did this, who cares.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/pakistan-free-speech-activist-sabeen-mahmud-killed/index.html

Oh and here is what I mean by "Loaded Words"."Honor" is so important, we must protect the word "Just because",

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-family-members-charged-in-texas-honor-killing-of-iranian-activist/

You really expect me to give one fuck what you call me or think of me? We get to go to bed at night, these victims have to live in fear every day.

and brian yet again ignores arguments he has no answer for. we're talking about marx. stay on topic.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
You morons are so worried about one person, me. Who cares about the assholes who did this, who cares. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/pakistan-free-speech-activist-sabeen-mahmud-killed/index.html Oh and here is what I mean by "Loaded Words"."Honor" is so important, we must protect the word "Just because", http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-family-members-charged-in-texas-honor-killing-of-iranian-activist/ You really expect me to give one fuck what you call me or think of me? We get to go to bed at night, these victims have to live in fear every day. Now ask me if I care what you say about me.

and brian yet again ignores arguments he has no answer for. we're talking about marx. stay on topic.

Let me dumb it down to you.

Humans form clubs. They give those clubs names, political names, religious names, ecnomic views, and it still amounts to tactics to get others to join that club. Now once you know that the earth has had 5 mass extinctions, those labels seem petty. I really don't give one fuck who does not like me, my concern isn't with all 7 billion conforming like sheep. In saying that however, only petty chidish brats like you are more concerned with someone with no interest in getting violent with other humans merely because I refuse to sugar coat the dark side of our species behavior. 

You need to grow the fuck up. Fuck Marx and fuck Ayn Rand. Yes both views work, and both views are complecated, just like Buddhism has many complecated sects. Just like Christianity has many complicated sects. But it still amounts to humans forming groups and making attempts to get others to join, via handing those down to the next generation or marketing them. "FOR WHO" do they work for because while they do, they still are not universal. What IS is our species ability to either be compassionate or cruel. 

I am NOT your enemy. In life sometimes people get along then change their minds about the other person, so in our case it a personality conflict. Outside that your bullshit reactions to me are childish compaired to real victims like the Christians murdered by Isis or gays or atheists living in the Middle East. I am nobody's hero, I have no desire to play martyr, nor do I precieve myself as a victim. 

But if you expect me to be perfect or expect me never to offend, you are barking up the wrong tree. My only "code" to my fellow humans is non voilonce, not verbally playing nice to violent assholes. I do not think of you as evil because you personally do not like me. That is to be expected. GROW THE FUCK UP.

It is NOT arrogent to say there are no gods and that religion is a product of human imagination. The earth is much older than our human imaginations when it comes to those inventions, and those clubs will not be arround after our planet dies. Sorry that bothers you, too bad. Religions are simply clubs humans invent. But those clubs do not deserve to have blind value other than the right to make the claim. Others should still have the right to counter and even blaspheme those claims. Politics and economic views also. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
no, you need to grow the

no, you need to grow the fuck up, because inviting an argument and then abandoning it when you're stumped is a sure sign of immaturity.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:no, you need to

iwbiek wrote:
no, you need to grow the fuck up, because inviting an argument and then abandoning it when you're stumped is a sure sign of immaturity.

Keep it up asshole. Keep proving my point. That is what you think is really important in life? Never getting offended?

Not stumpped at all jackass.

You simply got stuck on something pretty like most humans and when I offended you you like most humans throw a tantrum. Buddhism is no more important to evolution than the meteor that killed the dinosaurs was concerned about them. 

You simply don't like me cutting to the chase. Humans form groups and those groups compete for resources, and they give those groups religious and political and economic view names. Those things work but are NOT universal. Our species ability to be cruel or compassonate is.

Now again moron, HUMANS INVENT RELIGIONS. No differnt than saying the earth revolves around the sun. 

"It's pretty" is not an argument. Muslims think forcing woment to dress in tents is "pretty".

"It's complecated. NO SHIT" still not an argument. All religios traditions and economic views are complecated.

"Can't we all just get along" DUH, still not an argument. Non vliolnece, not censorship. 

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK if you are talking about religion or economic views.

All of us can make justifications for our own personal biases. That still does not mean because we value human rights that the ideas by themselves deserve anything outside the right to make the claim. 

Immature is what Islam does in getting violent even IF you politely disagree or want to leave. Imature is also what you are doing ignoring that the first Buddah also was a result of flawed perceptions of equating success to the divine, otherwise why dipicte him as being a former prince being born from a queen? BECAUASE IN ANTIQUITY EVERYONE mistook success as having a magic cause, call it what you want.

That was then, our planet is too fucking small now for either you or I to be concerned with liking each other. The only thing you are going to get from me is a "fuck you". If you really think that is the worst thing in the world or that makes me immature you are a fucking childish brat.

It still boils down to nothing more than you not liking me personally. Blunt only makes me blunt. I think you need to be more concerned with the immaturity that causes religious people to get violent. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
no, what i think is

no, what i think is important is you finishing the shit you start. you attacked marx, claiming his views only lead to stalinist societies. i roundly refuted that by demonstrating that western european social states owe just as much, if not more, of a debt to marxism than the soviet union and its progeny. you began going off on a tangent about buddhism and people getting offended because you have no answer to my refutation, instead of being a stand-up human being and saying, "ok, i guess i was wrong. thanks for enlightening me."

i'm not offended. i just want you to finish what you fucking start, or don't start it at all.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You morons are

Brian37 wrote:

Brian is so self-centred and stupid he thinks everyone smacking him around has devoted themselves to nothing else.

Brian37 wrote:

Red herring/strawman combo.

Brian37 wrote:

As usual, Brian doesn't realise that by standing against his stupidity, we are providing a necessary service to all the lurkers and drive by readers. We're also proving that religion isn't the only bullshit that must be confronted and ridiculed.

Brian37 wrote:

Brian thinks we care what Brian thinks.

Brian37 wrote:
Let me dumb it down to you.

If only Brian tried to be smarter instead of trying to be dumber, he wouldn't be so dangerous.

Brian37 wrote:
Humans form clubs. They give those clubs names, political names, religious names, ecnomic views, and it still amounts to tactics to get others to join that club. Now once you know that the earth has had 5 mass extinctions, those labels seem petty. I really don't give one fuck who does not like me, my concern isn't with all 7 billion conforming like sheep. In saying that however, only petty chidish brats like you are more concerned with someone with no interest in getting violent with other humans merely because I refuse to sugar coat the dark side of our species behavior. 

Brian makes a number of strawmen and red herrings and other fallacies.

Brian37 wrote:
You need to grow the fuck up. Fuck Marx and fuck Ayn Rand. Yes both views work, and both views are complecated, just like Buddhism has many complecated sects. Just like Christianity has many complicated sects. But it still amounts to humans forming groups and making attempts to get others to join, via handing those down to the next generation or marketing them. "FOR WHO" do they work for because while they do, they still are not universal. What IS is our species ability to either be compassionate or cruel. 

Rinse & repeat.

Brian37 wrote:
I am NOT your enemy.

In fact, Brian is at least as much our enemy as any other theist. He is more so because he pretends to be an atheist. At least theists are honest about where they stand, even if they remain deluded. It is sad that fonzie and caposkia contribute more to the site than Brian does.

Brian37 wrote:
In life sometimes people get along then change their minds about the other person, so in our case it a personality conflict. Outside that your bullshit reactions to me are childish compaired to real victims like the Christians murdered by Isis or gays or atheists living in the Middle East. I am nobody's hero, I have no desire to play martyr, nor do I precieve myself as a victim. 

But if you expect me to be perfect or expect me never to offend, you are barking up the wrong tree. My only "code" to my fellow humans is non voilonce, not verbally playing nice to violent assholes. I do not think of you as evil because you personally do not like me. That is to be expected. GROW THE FUCK UP.

It is NOT arrogent to say there are no gods and that religion is a product of human imagination. The earth is much older than our human imaginations when it comes to those inventions, and those clubs will not be arround after our planet dies. Sorry that bothers you, too bad. Religions are simply clubs humans invent. But those clubs do not deserve to have blind value other than the right to make the claim. Others should still have the right to counter and even blaspheme those claims. Politics and economic views also. 

A whole clusterfuck of lies, fallacies, and hypocrisy.

Brian37 wrote:
Keep it up asshole. Keep proving my point. That is what you think is really important in life? Never getting offended?

Not stumpped at all jackass.

You simply got stuck on something pretty like most humans and when I offended you you like most humans throw a tantrum. Buddhism is no more important to evolution than the meteor that killed the dinosaurs was concerned about them. 

You simply don't like me cutting to the chase. Humans form groups and those groups compete for resources, and they give those groups religious and political and economic view names. Those things work but are NOT universal. Our species ability to be cruel or compassonate is.

Now again moron, HUMANS INVENT RELIGIONS. No differnt than saying the earth revolves around the sun. 

"It's pretty" is not an argument. Muslims think forcing woment to dress in tents is "pretty".

"It's complecated. NO SHIT" still not an argument. All religios traditions and economic views are complecated.

Another clusterfuck of lies, fallacies, and hypocrisy.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Mr Roger's Neighborhood,

Mr Roger's Neighborhood, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37)

Is a beautiful day

In the neighborhood

Local tribalism

Makes them feel good

I love you

You love me

Purple dinosuars

Make them happy

Would you like to fly

In my beautiful balloon

Just understand

I am allways the pilot

My motifs 

Of acts of kindness

Suck you in

Creating gang minions

In the ally behind his house

Mr Rogers ignores

That others read

The very same books

Barney in the pulpit

Also sells fear

Scares little children

With threats of hell

Emmett Kelly

In the circus ring

Distracts you from

The animal training

Lions and tigers

And bears oh yes

Dressed in holy garb

Controling with threats

Then run scared

When reason kicks in

When a smart dog

Pulls back the curtain.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Don't Bring Me Down,

Don't Bring Me Down, Bruce, By Brian37  (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

How can you

On the one hand

Transition

Doing the right thing?

Then side with a party

Of half assed bigots

Whose book condemns you

For being different?

Putin passed laws

That would condemn you

Said not to expose children

Because "We are all God's children"

You wouldn't side

With a former KGB thug

It's even worse in Iran

If you were to come out

That book 

Also condemns

Eating shellfish

And mixing clothing blends

Religion is 

What held you back

Progressives want you

To be yourself

(end)

Oh and spare me, the ode in the title is metaphore too, yes I switched a word. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Brian makes more shitty

^ Brian makes more shitty "poetry" based on his delusions.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Advice To Theists, by

Advice To Theists, by Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Here are some dont's

For you to consider

When you try to

Engage an atheist

Don't assume we are lost

Puppies to save

That condesension 

Is quite nieve 

Don't assume

Your apology 

Your presuposition

Is something we've not seen

Don't assume

Attacking science

Allows you to fill

A gap with your god

Dont assume

Co opting science

To prop up your book

Is unique to your club

Don't assume

Atheists all agree

Or that we worship Hitler

Because we don't believe

I only speak 

For myself

When I say

I reject them all

The claims of antiquity

Are like moldy bread

And insisting on eating it

After their sell by date

It made sense

When we didn't know better

But we do now have

Much better tools

Instead of claiming

Atheists are evil

Maybe you should consider

We have something to offer

Better tools

That got man to the moon

Finding cures for diseases

And result in your cell phone

Despite what some

Want to believe

We are not out 

To exterminate you

But don't be foolish

Our words do bite

Attacking your claims

Is not attacking your rights.

Bluntness and blasphemy

Yes you will hear

But outside of our words

You have nothing to fear

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ Brian makes

Vastet wrote:
^ Brian makes more shitty "poetry" based on his delusions.

Said the person who once complemented me on my poetry. Just like when a family member comes out as an atheist to their believing family members, I become the spawn of Satan for not kissing your ass. You and I had a falling out, so what. Just say you personally do not like me now. But if you think everyone hates my poetry, I have several people retweeting my link on twitter every time I post this link, and they are retweeting it to thousands of their followers.  The reason the three stooges here think I am hated by everyone is the same sample rate error believers make because they don't have  a bigger sample. Now also stupidly accuse me of claiming it is all earth shattering Shakespear, because you wont ever see me claim that. But you most certianly are an idiot if you think no one likes it.

It appears no one likes me outside Bob because this is a low traffic website that doesn't advertise itself that much. I hang out all over the web and this one site is only one sample of what I do every single day.

Now if you are looking for the road to "give a fuck" get your GPS checked because it isn't here.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'd like to see where he

i'd like to see where he complimented your poetry.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:It appears no

Brian37 wrote:

It appears no one likes me outside Bob because this is a low traffic website that doesn't advertise itself that much. I hang out all over the web and this one site is only one sample of what I do every single day.

It is sad that people apparently don't call you out for your incessant strawmen and lying about other people's positions at other sites. That says a lot more about them than it does about you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Said the

Brian37 wrote:
Said the person who once complemented me on my poetry.

Since I hate poetry, it isn't possible that I would compliment poetry. And even if I did, it wouldn't mean squat, because my hatred of poetry disqualifies me as a credible critic of poetry.

Brian37 wrote:
Just like when a family member comes out as an atheist to their believing family members, I become the spawn of Satan for not kissing your ass.

Brian is quite delusional. I don't like people who kiss my ass. Unless perhaps it is a hot, intelligent female who II'm in a relationship with.
Since Brian is not a female, he is automatically disqualified.

Brian37 wrote:
You and I had a falling out, so what.

Again Brian implies we were friends. Which is simply not true. I simply tolerated him when all he did was attack my opposition. Which changed when he began to attack me. In retrospect, it was a mistake on my part to tolerate him.

Brian37 wrote:
Just say you personally do not like me now.

One wonders how many times Brian must be told something before he comprehends it...

Brian37 wrote:
But if you think everyone hates my poetry, I have several people retweeting my link on twitter every time I post this link, and they are retweeting it to thousands of their followers.

Even the shittiest art in the universe has fans. That doesn't make it less shitty, regardless of what Brian thinks.

Brian37 wrote:
The reason the three stooges here think I am hated by everyone is the same sample rate error believers make because they don't have  a bigger sample.

Brian fails to account for intelligence, which is much higher on average at this site than elsewhere.

Brian37 wrote:
Now also stupidly accuse me of claiming it is all earth shattering Shakespear, because you wont ever see me claim that. But you most certianly are an idiot if you think no one likes it.

Brian simply makes shit up.

Brian37 wrote:

I am quite certain that Brian is lying. If not, it's only a matter of time before he is.

Brian37 wrote:
Now if you are looking for the road to "give a fuck" get your GPS checked because it isn't here.

Again Brian proves he cares, because he keeps posting. If he didn't care, he'd ignore everything he didn't like.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Said the person who once complemented me on my poetry.
Since I hate poetry, it isn't possible that I would compliment poetry. And even if I did, it wouldn't mean squat, because my hatred of poetry disqualifies me as a credible critic of poetry.

Don't worry, it is safe to assume that everything Brian says is wrong. Turns out that the first comment you made in this thread was post 196 www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 where you simply posted a link to a site with information on self publishing with no commentary. 

You didn't comment on the poems until 586

Vastet wrote:

Brian the fool
a legitimate tool
even though he tries
its nothing but lies
that's the best he can do

So unless you randomly praised it in some unrelated thread...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This song was written for

This song was written for Brian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qits3nn73ks

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Left, Right, Center, By

Left, Right, Center, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

The idea of

"The true Scotsman"

Is a lie no one should be allowed

To hide behind

The Sunni and Shiite

Are both Muslims

With the same prophet

And same hero god

The Baptist and Catholic

Mormon and Protestant

Different interpretations

Steming from the same heros

"True" is merely

An ignorant way

For religion to argue

"Just do it my way"

The same books

With the same heros

They all come to

Different conclusions

Yes it is "complecated"

Yes they are different

But that does not change

It is merely excuse making

Tribal books

Infect politics

Religious pecking orders

All seek to set up

My daddy loves me

Gave me a gun

Accept your place

Is at the back of the bus

I'd say the ones

Who get it right

Who don't cherry pick

Are the ones who get violent

Our secular law

That prevents theocracy

Is because of skipping 

The nasty parts of holy books

"True" is a lie

It is keeps humans divided

To continue to ignore this

Is of no benefit to our species.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^Brian pretends to

^Brian pretends to understand logic and religion, but he doesn't.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Uncle Ben's Converted

Uncle Ben's Converted Brand Slavery, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Dr Carlson

Just heard on the news

You thank God

For passing your exams.

Thats awesome

But here is the rub

That gives me pause

About that logic

How is it

This alleged god

Can poof "all this"

Into existence

Yet uses humans

To write his book

Only to have humans

Us it to justify cruelty?

If nothing happens

That God does not

Want happening 

Then he wanted slavery to happen

Should be simple 

To write a short sentance

"I forbid humans

From owning other humans"

No Ben

We see words like

"Servant" at best

Just another word for slave

There is a reason for that

Because in antiquity

Even outside monotheism

Everyone was ruled by kings

Back then when

You defeated the enemy

The victors took property

And the losers became property

The girls of the captured

Were bartered 

The women were 

Forced into marriage and sex

The prisoners

If not killed

Were turned into slaves

The boys as well

This is litterally why

Blacks unfortunately

Suffered 

Such a horrible history

Yes Ben, it is ugly

I know it offends many

But my intent

Is to wake you up

That book

Was written in fuedal times

Ruled by kings

Called "Lords"

And those "Lords"

Where your master

And even the non slaves

Were subject to their rule

Both slave and slave master

Were still under

The absolute power

Of the kings they lived under

I say this for all

To consider

It was written

For the social norms back then

Bronze age morality

Does not reflect

And never will

Our modern pluralism

(end)

And just as a disclaimer, this poem is not intended at all to impy any type of reflection of food products or any company or immages related to any business. It is strictly a play off of Dr Ben Caralson's name. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^Brian pretends

Vastet wrote:
^Brian pretends to understand logic and religion, but he doesn't.

Yes I do moron. 

Humans invent religion and it is all man made placebo sugar pill gap filling. If you want to wade through their elaborate excuse making you can. I accept I am finite and I don't need an artifical club to know "all this" was not put here for me.