atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:If, like me, you find

Quote:
If, like me, you find the former option intriguing, then heaven is the reality one creates in the service of the poor, the sick, the enslaved, the oppressed. It is not Disneyland in the sky but acts of selflessness and love that bring God’s sacred space and grace to a broken world suffused with tragedy. We could do worse than think in such terms.

The Bible claims, in Genesis 1-3, that we live in a fallen creation, yet, we should bring heaven here somehow and that will make things all better.  Well, I have it on good authority that the Japanese reached heaven a few years ago and that it wasn't what they expected... 

Back to the drawing board!

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
If, like me, you find the former option intriguing, then heaven is the reality one creates in the service of the poor, the sick, the enslaved, the oppressed. It is not Disneyland in the sky but acts of selflessness and love that bring God’s sacred space and grace to a broken world suffused with tragedy. We could do worse than think in such terms.

The Bible claims, in Genesis 1-3, that we live in a fallen creation, yet, we should bring heaven here somehow and that will make things all better.  Well, I have it on good authority that the Japanese reached heaven a few years ago and that it wasn't what they expected... 

Back to the drawing board!

lol. south park is good. really good.