Williams taught me
Is be yourself
Face adversity

Indictment surely
Of humanity
Feed we do
On human cruelty
(end)

This poem is an ode to Tennessee Williams and the play and movie "Suddenly Last Summer". I just watched it this morning. Ironically Williams hated it. I loved it. Hepburn's character was twisted and drew you in so deeply you hung on every word. Taylor too was awesome. The metaphor about the baby turtles on the beach as a metaphor being eaten REALLY IS the harsh reality of evolution and nature.

While this play was an emotional appeal to try to treat others better. I think the bigger message is in that trying to do that, we cant ignore reality, because by doing such we can and far to often do, in doing such, create more cruelty.

And more so today, I think older movies that depend on acting rather than special affects take far much more talent and depth than the quick fix action crap done on computers.

This has to be one of my top ten favorites of all time. Up there with Shindler's List, Malcolm X and Key Largo.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog