what atheist do not know.

Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
what atheist do not know.

Archaeological evidence proving the accuracy of the Bible.

1.The book of Luke and the book of Acts writer (Luke): named 32 countries, 54 cities, and 9 Islands without any historical error. Also the evidence of the ancient burial site in Jerusalem, revealed crucified victims that still had the 7inch nail driven on the victims feet. There was also evidence that similar spikes had been put between the two bones of each lower arm.

2. Jesus Christ: confirmed by non Christian historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history.
a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian
b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia
c. E. Lucian, Greek writer
d. Phlegon, pagan historian
e. Suetonius
f. justice of Tiberius
g. philo
h. Seneca
i. Petronius Arbiter
j. pliny the elder
k. Thallus, Samaritan historian
l. Mara Bar Serapion
m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian .

3. Jesus Christ: confirmed by ancient Christian leaders, historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history.
a. Polycarp
b. Ignatius
c. Irenaeus
d. Clement
e. Papias
f. Origen

4. Jericho walls: and how they did come falling down by Dr. Bryant Wood

5. Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus

6. The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible.

7. The Cyrus cylinder and the book of Daniel.

8. The Ebla tablets (2500 BC) :and the biblical story of creation In Genesis.

9. Pontius Pilate Stone confirming the biblical Roman Governor Pilate.

10. Biblical Sodom and Gomorrah :discovery in the ancient city of Bab edh-Dhra and Numeira .

11. The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world.

12. Sumerian king list: and the pre flood life expectancy recorded in Genesis.

13. Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria

14. House of David inscription of the “Tel Dan” confirming biblical King David .

These are just a few of the thousands of evidence that have been revealed..

If the bible says it happened, then you can bet your life that it did happen.

God has a purpose and a reason for you.

Jesus is God and God loves you.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
You still haven't answered

You still haven't answered my question. Is it because you don't understand the question? Please answer my question. You are the one who made this declaration afterall.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj

Jimenezj wrote:
Archaeological evidence proving the accuracy of the Bible. 1.The book of Luke and the book of Acts writer (Luke): named 32 countries, 54 cities, and 9 Islands without any historical error. Also the evidence of the ancient burial site in Jerusalem, revealed crucified victims that still had the 7inch nail driven on the victims feet. There was also evidence that similar spikes had been put between the two bones of each lower arm. 2. Jesus Christ: confirmed by non Christian historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history. a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia c. E. Lucian, Greek writer d. Phlegon, pagan historian e. Suetonius f. justice of Tiberius g. philo h. Seneca i. Petronius Arbiter j. pliny the elder k. Thallus, Samaritan historian l. Mara Bar Serapion m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian . 3. Jesus Christ: confirmed by ancient Christian leaders, historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history. a. Polycarp b. Ignatius c. Irenaeus d. Clement e. Papias f. Origen 4. Jericho walls: and how they did come falling down by Dr. Bryant Wood 5. Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus 6. The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible. 7. The Cyrus cylinder and the book of Daniel. 8. The Ebla tablets (2500 BC) :and the biblical story of creation In Genesis. 9. Pontius Pilate Stone confirming the biblical Roman Governor Pilate. 10. Biblical Sodom and Gomorrah :discovery in the ancient city of Bab edh-Dhra and Numeira . 11. The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world. 12. Sumerian king list: and the pre flood life expectancy recorded in Genesis. 13. Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria 14. House of David inscription of the “Tel Dan” confirming biblical King David . These are just a few of the thousands of evidence that have been revealed.. If the bible says it happened, then you can bet your life that it did happen. God has a purpose and a reason for you. Jesus is God and God loves you.

WRONG

I am not going to take any of this apart bit by bit, because you still cannot grasp the concept of DESIRE of a god to be real. You also cannot understand the concept of peppering real places and stories into a legend to make it sound lagit. You also cannot understand the fast that the writers of the gospels were AFTER THE FACT.

AS FAR AS THE alleged great flood being recorded all over the world, WOULD ONLY MAKE SENSE if there were an exact date in all these myths, instead you are focused on a motif. OF COURSE you are going to see flood myths around the world because LOCAL floods happen all around the world. You just dont want to see the bible's flood story as the writers mistaking local events as being global. People back then did not travel far.

And if Noah or Jesus was a gift to the world, why didn't the Asian cultures have a record of him as well?

What never happened was the flood of the bible. Hippos, poisonous dart frogs, black widows, alligators, cobra. And you'd have me believe via "poof" magic wand logic, that a man took on 3 of the billions of species on one boat and kept the dangerous animals from eating his family or other animals? "POOF" magically became harmless zombie animals?

It is a myth, it is a story, it is a legend, it stems from competing with prior cultures who ALSO wanted escapes from disaster.

If I write a book about Dungeons and Dragons, and in it I mention D-DAY, does that make the book a history book? If I mention Henry Ford in that same book does that mean because Henry Ford was a real person, that makes dice magical?

THE BIBLE IS A BOOK OF MYTH nothing more. ALL THE CULTURES BACK THEN incorporated their history with their local myths because they, like you, merely liked the idea of having a super hero. A history of myth does not constitute a history of credible evidence. It just reflects what people wanted to believe AT THAT TIME.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
Posts: 362
Joined: 2009-12-16
User is offlineOffline
...

Jimenezj wrote:

I do not have the time to teach children about evolution theory .

But i will give you a clue:

This is what Charles Darwin wrote :

…Why, if species have descended from other species by fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion, instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?… But, as by this theory innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?… But in the intermediate region, having intermediate conditions of life, why do we not now find closely-linking intermediate varieties?

Go to school and find the answers to man's questions.

You will have better luck understanding the bible if you were to read it and study it.

Farewell. 

You talk about human wisdom like it's not that great, but when we read the Bible we get what we would expect when reading another piece of human wisdom.  In the words of George Carlin: "If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed."

On evolution, remember that Charles Darwin published The Origin of Species in 1859; there's been over 150 years of scientific research since.  Look at the 1950's with the work of Watson and Crick, they revolutionized the study of life and gave birth to genetics.  Charles Darwin didn't know about genetics, but 60 years of research in the field has solidified his theory.  Evolution is true.  And remember, if evolution brought in millions of converts to Christ, your church leaders would endorse it.

There have been numerous transitional forms found since Darwin wrote The Origin.  It's good that you're reading his work, but keep up to date too.  Start with latest the stuff.

 


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Listen Jim, you halfwit

Jimenezj wrote:
I do not have the time to teach children about evolution theory . But i will give you a clue: This is what Charles Darwin wrote : …Why, if species have descended from other species by fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion, instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?… But, as by this theory innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?… But in the intermediate region, having intermediate conditions of life, why do we not now find closely-linking intermediate varieties? Go to school and find the answers to man's questions. You will have better luck understanding the bible if you were to read it and study it. Farewell. 

 

every species you see is in transition. Why you think current species should be transitioning into other species in real time rather than becoming more adapted versions of themselves is quite beyond me.

As for the fossil record, there are plenty of transitional fossils in the record. Researchers recently found yet another potential human ancestor to add to the existing 12 potential homo ancestors. 

In all there are hundreds of fossils in the homo sapiens record and more than half a million fossil species so far identified in just 200 years of research - many of which are transtionals. 

 

 

Jimnez's polytheistic ancestor goes fly flishing...

 

Perhaps you could explain using the bible, what these fossils are doing in the ground. Why the species they represent are extinct. Did satan put them there???

And please. I know you are fixated on ancient books but stop quoting Darwin's 160-year-old observations. Read something modern. There's a wealth of material that shows evolution through natural selection is a fact. 

Why are christians such total morons? They insist only empirical evidence will appease them on the one hand yet on the other, they'll accept the dubious claims of the gospels. How curious these people are. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Farewell. 

Jimenezj wrote:
Farewell. 

 

                                               Isn't this like the second time you've bade us "farewell" ?    

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Farewell. 

 

                                               Isn't this like the second time you've bade us "farewell" ?    

Jimenezj says: "I mean it this time!" :'(


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:I do not have

Jimenezj wrote:
I do not have the time to teach children about evolution theory . But i will give you a clue: This is what Charles Darwin wrote : …Why, if species have descended from other species by fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion, instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?… But, as by this theory innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?… But in the intermediate region, having intermediate conditions of life, why do we not now find closely-linking intermediate varieties? Go to school and find the answers to man's questions. You will have better luck understanding the bible if you were to read it and study it. Farewell. 

Want a transitional form? Look in your mirror. I doubt if you are an exact copy of either of your parents.

For you to teach evolutionary theory you'd have to learn what has happened in the century or so since Darwin published, Good luck with that.

"You will have better luck understanding the bible if you were to read it and study it" and accept your interpretation as well, right?

since I expect you will come back after this latest farewell I will greet you as a Tralfamadorian (look it up).

Farewell. Hello. Farewell. Hello

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
badlad83

badlad83 wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Farewell. 

 

                                               Isn't this like the second time you've bade us "farewell" ?    

Jimenezj says: "I mean it this time!" :'(

He says this all the time.

Bye Bye Farewell.

In several other threads last Fall he did so at least 2 times.

Farewell obviously does not mean bye for good in his understanding.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

badlad83 wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Farewell. 

 

                                               Isn't this like the second time you've bade us "farewell" ?    

Jimenezj says: "I mean it this time!" :'(

He says this all the time.

Bye Bye Farewell.

In several other threads last Fall he did so at least 2 times.

Farewell obviously does not mean bye for good in his understanding.

I don't want him to go. I just don't want anyone, and I only speak for myself, when they deal with me as an individual to expect me to sugar coat what I think of their claims.

Theists come here often with misconceptions of what is going to transpire when they get here. The come here thinking that we are lost puppies in need of saving, or they think "hey I am different too, so I'll get a pass because I understand what it is like to be different".

The only thing I ask him to do is stick to defending his claims and stop worrying and complaining about me.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

badlad83 wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Farewell. 

 

                                               Isn't this like the second time you've bade us "farewell" ?    

Jimenezj says: "I mean it this time!" :'(

He says this all the time.

Bye Bye Farewell.

In several other threads last Fall he did so at least 2 times.

Farewell obviously does not mean bye for good in his understanding.

I don't want him to go. I just don't want anyone, and I only speak for myself, when they deal with me as an individual to expect me to sugar coat what I think of their claims.

Theists come here often with misconceptions of what is going to transpire when they get here. The come here thinking that we are lost puppies in need of saving, or they think "hey I am different too, so I'll get a pass because I understand what it is like to be different".

The only thing I ask him to do is stick to defending his claims and stop worrying and complaining about me.

 

 

He'll be back.

In his previous threads last fall he did this several times.

In his thread - "Ehrman says: "Yes, the historical Jesus of Nazareth did exist" he told me to get back to him after I got Ehrman's latest book.

I will whether or not he comes back to show him how he misquotes.

Brian, I'm such a "lost puppy". Not!!

Though the Lord Enki has granted my request and Peyton Manning is coming to Denver.

Since your Redskins have the Ex Denver coach Mike Shanahan maybe they will pick up The Tebow so you can cheer for the believer.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
 Ugh... is he going to come

 

Ugh... is he going to come back with a definition of the word "farewell?"


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
badlad83 wrote: Ugh... is

badlad83 wrote:

 

Ugh... is he going to come back with a definition of the word "farewell?"

I don't think so.

He'll need to come back or us evil non-believers might have the last say.

Horrors!! The Sun might turn to blood or something!

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps the word 'farewell'

badlad83 wrote:

 

Ugh... is he going to come back with a definition of the word "farewell?"

 

is a evolving and now means 'I'll be back...'

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

badlad83 wrote:

 

Ugh... is he going to come back with a definition of the word "farewell?"

 

is a evolving and now means 'I'll be back...'

 

HAHA! Seriously though, I don't get the creationists preoccupation with "transitional" species. They don't even know what it is they are looking for, yet continue to demand it... Most of them are looking for something like the crocoduck! Why are they such frustratingly bloody morons?


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
HumanVuvuzela wrote:Jimenezj

HumanVuvuzela wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Yes, i am. Farewell

OWNED

Owned by diehard, pure & unadulterated skepticism. Madprops to Pauljohn Eye-wink

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

The popular fairy tale that archeology is suppose to prove the Bible came from the great archeologist William F Albright who was prominent in the early 20th century until he was forced to retire in 1958 due to poor eye site.

In his book, from the stone age to Christianity he says that:

Quote:
The Bible is the most logical empirical book in the world

He formed the common worthless hermeneutic of HISTORICAL-LITERARY approach based on pure empiricism via orgin "science" of archeology.

Why his hermeneutical and logical approach was horrific, he was an extremely skilled archeologist. Based on his hermentuic, he kept his conservative protestant methodist faith even though his professor fervently taught things that are idiotic and on this website. As a result for keeping his normative of truth (Christianity), he became the greatest modern archeologist of our time.

It also should be noted that the findings that reflected the Scriptures were enormous. While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, what has been found has been one of the greatest ad hominems towards the pagans and filthy atheists of this world.

So much so, that the current archeologist that holds his seat who is an atheist of sorts has done everything in his power to try to erase history and forget about Albright.

But the ad hominems remain. Atheism is a lie and despite of of your imaginary beliefs, you are all still going to hell in constant pain forever.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Brian

Stories are for eplanation, not argumentation, you argue nothing, you prove nothing, just another emotional reaction to add to the list of tantrums.

And you did not answer my question.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You picked on my x-wife who was Japanese who DOES NOT have a criminal record, who has 2 biology degrees, whose country has been our best friend since WW2 and claimed that your god allowed the tsunami, as a warning to the United States to kiss your god's ass "or else". So yea, I am a little emotional about that. Pick on innocent people and you are damned fucking right I am going to get up in your pathetic face.

Every time you claim your deity is going to kick our ass I am going to remind you of how you view your tyrant of a god.

Go fuck yourself asshole.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Brian

Hey Brian,

Again with the emotions lol. I did'nt really pick on your ex-wife. If you're saying I did inferentially, then i think that is somewhat weak.

There is a God and He is not silent. The evil in this world is due to Original Sin. While God allowed and creates evil but does not do evil, the reason is because of sin and atheism is on the front lines of everything that is evil and sinful.

But you are simply using the same old ad hominem arguments towards me that are emotional and absurd.

God may have caused the earthquake in Japan, but it is the sins of Japan that brought it on. Japan is rampant in the occult in ways you have no comprehension.

Shall we move on, or are you going to just keep throwing old ad hominems at me and emotions and ignoring rational questions.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Again with the

Quote:
Again with the emotions lol. I did'nt really pick on your ex-wife

YES YOU DID JACKASS!

Guilt by association. When you claim that an entire nation, in that of Japan is legal tender in your claimed deities proxy war on "sin" and you claim that it is ok for your sky daddy to LUMP a non Christian country in on your hostage taking. DONT BACK OFF ASSHOLE!

If my wife and her country does not believe in your god, then they deserve what they get,t AND THEY DONT, then the reality is you are just a jackass trying to sell fear because others don' buy into your superstition.

You tried to pull the same bullshit Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell did with Katrina and I called you on it.

The bottom line is that you just cannot stand that others don't buy your god claim. That is your baggage asshole.

You are just a troll and some idiot who fancies themselves as a super hero.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Jim

Hey Jim,

You said you are technically still an ordained priest? SO are you a member of the Roman Catholic Cult where you eat your Jesus in the Eucharist. Any religion that says you have to eat Jesus's penis in order to perpetually be justified since you end up pooping Jesus out and you still need that feeding frenzy of Jesus digestion is a disgusting cult and an eisgetical appraoch torwards John 6.

And as a Roman Catholic Pagan, you would most likely be a theistic evolutionist and have a soft heart for buddhism.

Welcome my pagan friend. Thus the reason why I am NOT a theist, but a CHrisitan theist.

Don't worry my pagan friend, i have the brown scapular around my ankle so Queen Mary Co-Redemptrix will come save me from purgatory and place me in heaven.

We should enjoy a steak sometime lol. But sadly, you're going to the exact same place as the atheists you rebut.

I suppose the best way to say this for a Romanist to understand would be simply that you are going to purgatory for eterntiy. lol.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:There is

Jean Chauvin wrote:

There is a God and He is not silent.

 

 

                                                     Really, then why don't you shut your mouth and let him speak  ......we'll wait.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Please see a doctor.

Jean I'm not sure who Jim is, but I'm the last person in this thread who admitted to still being an ordained priest. So unless I missed something, I will answer your question. No, I was never a Roman Catholic. I do attend mass on a somewhat regular basis though because St. James here in Seattle has an INCREDIBLE music program. I have to admit that even as an atheist I'm a big fan of Mozart mass settings. Bach's as well.

Then I heard "mumbo-jumbo, mumbo-jumbo" repeated a few times.

Now, please answer 2 questions for me if you do not mind.

1. You, being a "saved" soul will die and spend eternity in heaven correct?

2. What are you going to do for your eternity in heaven?


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

Oh, I thought that Jim Dude said he was the Romanist. Now when you say priest, are we talking Latin Priest, or Greek Priest? Are you Roman Catholic or a priest in the Church of satan or some other kind of priest?

Seattle is awesome, i've been there many times.

You should listen to King's College Choir in Cambridge, they sing incredibly. Especially the Agnus Dei new rendition that was done in the 30's.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 535
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
I love it when they toss out a mile of bullshit....

Jimenezj wrote:
Archaeological evidence proving the accuracy of the Bible. 1.The book of Luke and the book of Acts writer (Luke): named 32 countries, 54 cities, and 9 Islands without any historical error. Also the evidence of the ancient burial site in Jerusalem, revealed crucified victims that still had the 7inch nail driven on the victims feet. There was also evidence that similar spikes had been put between the two bones of each lower arm. 2. Jesus Christ: confirmed by non Christian historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history.a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia c. E. Lucian, Greek writer d. Phlegon, pagan historian e. Suetonius f. justice of Tiberius g. philo h. Seneca i. Petronius Arbiter j. pliny the elder k. Thallus, Samaritan historian l. Mara Bar Serapion m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian . 3. Jesus Christ: confirmed by ancient Christian leaders, historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history. a. Polycarp b. Ignatius c. Irenaeus d. Clement e. Papias f. Origen 4. Jericho walls: and how they did come falling down by Dr. Bryant Wood 5. Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus 6. The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible. 7. The Cyrus cylinder and the book of Daniel. 8. The Ebla tablets (2500 BC) :and the biblical story of creation In Genesis. 9. Pontius Pilate Stone confirming the biblical Roman Governor Pilate. 10. Biblical Sodom and Gomorrah :discovery in the ancient city of Bab edh-Dhra and Numeira . 11. The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world. 12. Sumerian king list: and the pre flood life expectancy recorded in Genesis. 13. Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria 14. House of David inscription of the “Tel Dan” confirming biblical King David . These are just a few of the thousands of evidence that have been revealed.. If the bible says it happened, then you can bet your life that it did happen. God has a purpose and a reason for you. Jesus is God and God loves you.

 

Let's start with Luke: Luke 2:39 Has The little family returning to Nazareth after Jesus' birth. Mark 2:14 said they went to Egypt, but at any rate, the town of Nazareth didn't exist in the 1st century. Luke recopied a translation error.
The Romans crucified people, THOUSANDS of people, and they did frequently use nails. This isn't evidence. It's like saying people wore sandels thus jesus is real because someone mentioned his footwear.
 

a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian and b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia

Tacitus wrote about the Christian infestation of Rome and used the notes garnered by Pliny, who got HIS information from torturing suspected Christian slaves. Neither validated a historical jesus but rather validated the fact that Romans didn't really like Christians much

c. E. Lucian, Greek writer; Like Pliny and Tacitus, had nothing to say about Jesus, but a little to say about Christians.

d. Phlegon, pagan historian; Nothing by Phlegon exists... but Julius Africanus wrote "[Phlegon] records that in the time of Tiberius Caesar at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth." This is kind of unlikely, however, as a Total Eclipse can NOT occur at the Full Moon...it's PHYSICALLY impossible.

e. Suetonius; This is all Suetonius had to say about 'Jesus' "As the Jews were making constant disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from Rome." Was he talking about Jesus who never went to Rome? 

f. justice of Tiberius; I suspect this is a misprint...

g. philo; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

h. Seneca; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

i.Petronius Arbiter; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

j. pliny the elder; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

k. Thallus, Samaritan historian; Like Phlegon, quoted in the third personas talking about the Darkness surrounding the Crucifixionand false, for the same reason.

l. Mara Bar Serapion, in a letter written from prison (unrelated) sometime between 76 CE and the 3d century, he refers to a  " "wise king" executed by his fellow Jews."  Aside from the fact that Jesus was suppossedly executed by the Romans, I guess if you squint it COULD be talking about Jesus... about a hundred years late to be an 'eye witness'.

m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian . If (and it's a big IF) Josephus actually mentioned Jesus once in passing, he mentioned Hercules 8 times in two major works....

I'm not going to bother with 'Christian Leaders' who could no more confirm Jesus' historicity from a vantage point of decades to centuries after the fact than I can tell you what Abe Lincoln had for Lunch on the Tuesday before he was shot.

 

Jericho; one of the oldest STILL INHABITED towns in the world. The fabled walls fell during an earthquake LONG before the Semetic tribes became identified as Jews came along...by a couple of centuries. Wood is a fraud.

Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus  Known to be a FRAUD.

The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible. Nope, they in fact don't. This lie was popular before the damned things were actually TRANSLATED... Yes, they contain portions of the Torah... (not surprising since they were copied by Essene JEWS) they also contain bread recipes.

The Cyrus Cylinder;  the text identifies only Mesopotamian sanctuaries, and makes no mention of Jews, Jerusalem, or Judea. 

The Ebla Tablets;  much of the initial media excitement about supposed Eblaite connections with the Bible, based on preliminary guesses and speculations by Pettinato and others, is now widely deplored as generated by "exceptional and unsubstantiated claims" and "great amounts of disinformation that leaked to the public". The present consensus is that Ebla's role in biblical archaeology, strictly speaking, is minimal.

Sodom and Gomorrah: Nope, this is simply speculation, no one has stated with ANYTHING like certainty or authority that they have been found, or even that they actually existed.

The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world. No, it isn't. This is one of those lies that has gained a life of its own. Invariably, all 'ancient scriptures' turn out to be recent additions culled from the teachings of Christian missionaries.

Sumerian King List; This proves that Bronze age savages had similar superstitions. What it does NOT do is in any way validate IMPOSSIBLY long lives of anyone in that age. Note also that the Semitic tribes were hangers on of the Sumerian city states and borrowed heavily from their mythologies.

Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria; They lost that one as the rock portrays the Hebrew King offering tribute. And your point is?

The Tel Dan fragment; An approximately 6" rock that SOME scholars think MAY have the name David scratched on it... really, really lame.

 

Considering that the overwhelming number of your 'proofs' are absolutely, positively and demonstrably bogus, I would say that you damned near blew your foot OFF with this bit of plagarized, cut and paste bullshit.

If the bible says it happened, it's most likely a lie.

God serves no purpose.

Jesus is symbolic of the incompetence of a lunatic. Fuck him.

 

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Jimenezj

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
Archaeological evidence proving the accuracy of the Bible. 1.The book of Luke and the book of Acts writer (Luke): named 32 countries, 54 cities, and 9 Islands without any historical error. Also the evidence of the ancient burial site in Jerusalem, revealed crucified victims that still had the 7inch nail driven on the victims feet. There was also evidence that similar spikes had been put between the two bones of each lower arm. 2. Jesus Christ: confirmed by non Christian historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history.a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia c. E. Lucian, Greek writer d. Phlegon, pagan historian e. Suetonius f. justice of Tiberius g. philo h. Seneca i. Petronius Arbiter j. pliny the elder k. Thallus, Samaritan historian l. Mara Bar Serapion m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian . 3. Jesus Christ: confirmed by ancient Christian leaders, historians and writers of ancient times, all wrote about Jesus Christ in history. a. Polycarp b. Ignatius c. Irenaeus d. Clement e. Papias f. Origen 4. Jericho walls: and how they did come falling down by Dr. Bryant Wood 5. Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus 6. The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible. 7. The Cyrus cylinder and the book of Daniel. 8. The Ebla tablets (2500 BC) :and the biblical story of creation In Genesis. 9. Pontius Pilate Stone confirming the biblical Roman Governor Pilate. 10. Biblical Sodom and Gomorrah :discovery in the ancient city of Bab edh-Dhra and Numeira . 11. The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world. 12. Sumerian king list: and the pre flood life expectancy recorded in Genesis. 13. Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria 14. House of David inscription of the “Tel Dan” confirming biblical King David . These are just a few of the thousands of evidence that have been revealed.. If the bible says it happened, then you can bet your life that it did happen. God has a purpose and a reason for you. Jesus is God and God loves you.

 

Let's start with Luke: Luke 2:39 Has The little family returning to Nazareth after Jesus' birth. Mark 2:14 said they went to Egypt, but at any rate, the town of Nazareth didn't exist in the 1st century. Luke recopied a translation error.
The Romans crucified people, THOUSANDS of people, and they did frequently use nails. This isn't evidence. It's like saying people wore sandels thus jesus is real because someone mentioned his footwear.
 

a. Tacitus, Roman historian and Chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian and b. Pliny the younger, governor of Bithynia

Tacitus wrote about the Christian infestation of Rome and used the notes garnered by Pliny, who got HIS information from torturing suspected Christian slaves. Neither validated a historical jesus but rather validated the fact that Romans didn't really like Christians much

c. E. Lucian, Greek writer; Like Pliny and Tacitus, had nothing to say about Jesus, but a little to say about Christians.

d. Phlegon, pagan historian; Nothing by Phlegon exists... but Julius Africanus wrote "[Phlegon] records that in the time of Tiberius Caesar at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth." This is kind of unlikely, however, as a Total Eclipse can NOT occur at the Full Moon...it's PHYSICALLY impossible.

e. Suetonius; This is all Suetonius had to say about 'Jesus' "As the Jews were making constant disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from Rome." Was he talking about Jesus who never went to Rome? 

f. justice of Tiberius; I suspect this is a misprint...

g. philo; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

h. Seneca; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

i.Petronius Arbiter; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

j. pliny the elder; Never. Mentioned. Jesus. or. Christians. at ALL.

k. Thallus, Samaritan historian; Like Phlegon, quoted in the third personas talking about the Darkness surrounding the Crucifixionand false, for the same reason.

l. Mara Bar Serapion, in a letter written from prison (unrelated) sometime between 76 CE and the 3d century, he refers to a  " "wise king" executed by his fellow Jews."  Aside from the fact that Jesus was suppossedly executed by the Romans, I guess if you squint it COULD be talking about Jesus... about a hundred years late to be an 'eye witness'.

m. Flavious Josephus, Jewish General and historian . If (and it's a big IF) Josephus actually mentioned Jesus once in passing, he mentioned Hercules 8 times in two major works....

I'm not going to bother with 'Christian Leaders' who could no more confirm Jesus' historicity from a vantage point of decades to centuries after the fact than I can tell you what Abe Lincoln had for Lunch on the Tuesday before he was shot.

 

Jericho; one of the oldest STILL INHABITED towns in the world. The fabled walls fell during an earthquake LONG before the Semetic tribes became identified as Jews came along...by a couple of centuries. Wood is a fraud.

Ossuary of James,: son of Joseph, brother of Jesus  Known to be a FRAUD.

The dead sea scrolls : conforming the accuracy of today’s bible. Nope, they in fact don't. This lie was popular before the damned things were actually TRANSLATED... Yes, they contain portions of the Torah... (not surprising since they were copied by Essene JEWS) they also contain bread recipes.

The Cyrus Cylinder;  the text identifies only Mesopotamian sanctuaries, and makes no mention of Jews, Jerusalem, or Judea. 

The Ebla Tablets;  much of the initial media excitement about supposed Eblaite connections with the Bible, based on preliminary guesses and speculations by Pettinato and others, is now widely deplored as generated by "exceptional and unsubstantiated claims" and "great amounts of disinformation that leaked to the public". The present consensus is that Ebla's role in biblical archaeology, strictly speaking, is minimal.

Sodom and Gomorrah: Nope, this is simply speculation, no one has stated with ANYTHING like certainty or authority that they have been found, or even that they actually existed.

The Great Flood: recorded in ancient scriptures all over the world. No, it isn't. This is one of those lies that has gained a life of its own. Invariably, all 'ancient scriptures' turn out to be recent additions culled from the teachings of Christian missionaries.

Sumerian King List; This proves that Bronze age savages had similar superstitions. What it does NOT do is in any way validate IMPOSSIBLY long lives of anyone in that age. Note also that the Semitic tribes were hangers on of the Sumerian city states and borrowed heavily from their mythologies.

Obelisk of Shalmaneser and the Biblical war with Assyria; They lost that one as the rock portrays the Hebrew King offering tribute. And your point is?

The Tel Dan fragment; An approximately 6" rock that SOME scholars think MAY have the name David scratched on it... really, really lame.

 

Considering that the overwhelming number of your 'proofs' are absolutely, positively and demonstrably bogus, I would say that you damned near blew your foot OFF with this bit of plagarized, cut and paste bullshit.

If the bible says it happened, it's most likely a lie.

God serves no purpose.

Jesus is symbolic of the incompetence of a lunatic. Fuck him.

 

LC >;-}>

I wish we had a "like" button...


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,Oh,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Oh, I thought that Jim Dude said he was the Romanist. Now when you say priest, are we talking Latin Priest, or Greek Priest? Are you Roman Catholic or a priest in the Church of satan or some other kind of priest?

Seattle is awesome, i've been there many times.

You should listen to King's College Choir in Cambridge, they sing incredibly. Especially the Agnus Dei new rendition that was done in the 30's.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Please read my reply, and pay attention this time (at least this confirms you are taking your medicine).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
badlad83 wrote:Jean Chauvin

badlad83 wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Oh, I thought that Jim Dude said he was the Romanist. Now when you say priest, are we talking Latin Priest, or Greek Priest? Are you Roman Catholic or a priest in the Church of satan or some other kind of priest?

Seattle is awesome, i've been there many times.

You should listen to King's College Choir in Cambridge, they sing incredibly. Especially the Agnus Dei new rendition that was done in the 30's.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Please read my reply, and pay attention this time (at least this confirms you are taking your medicine).

Let me answer for him,

Hi Bad, anything that does not lead to belief in my personal god will get you burned in hell. I am too busy stroking my own pathetic ego and am off my medication right now.

Respectfully,

Jean(human garbage) Chauvin

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
I just hope this guy hasn't

I just hope this guy hasn't reproduced. That's about the last thing our species needs...


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
badlad83 wrote:I just hope

badlad83 wrote:

I just hope this guy hasn't reproduced. That's about the last thing our species needs...

Yea we need more Fred Phelps in the world. Could you imagine what that jackass would do if he had absolute power over our government? People wonder why I am so harsh on the claims "I am special because of my label" He is why you can NEVER let your guard down. It won't go away completely, but you damn sure can never take your eyes off of it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


badlad83
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:badlad83

Brian37 wrote:

badlad83 wrote:

I just hope this guy hasn't reproduced. That's about the last thing our species needs...

Yea we need more Fred Phelps in the world. Could you imagine what that jackass would do if he had absolute power over our government? People wonder why I am so harsh on the claims "I am special because of my label" He is why you can NEVER let your guard down. It won't go away completely, but you damn sure can never take your eyes off of it.

When harshness is called for though, who gives a fuck? Probably the people we win over will be won through kindness, but some of these idiots will forever remain in the dark. Phelps needs a good swift kick in the head.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,Oh,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Oh, I thought that Jim Dude said he was the Romanist. Now when you say priest, are we talking Latin Priest, or Greek Priest? Are you Roman Catholic or a priest in the Church of satan or some other kind of priest?

Seattle is awesome, i've been there many times.

You should listen to King's College Choir in Cambridge, they sing incredibly. Especially the Agnus Dei new rendition that was done in the 30's.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)