Should I put my God Detector up at work?

Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
User is offlineOffline
Should I put my God Detector up at work?

I have a God detector. I work in a call center. People put bible verses up at their station all the time. It's only fair I should put my God detector there. That might make some angry. Should I just go for it and see what people say?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Egh... any unjust

Egh... any unjust termination of employment laws where you live??

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok, I'm new here so don't

ok, I'm new here so don't laugh, but what's a god detector and where do i get one?  And as long as it doesn't have obsenities u should be able to put it up.  If it makes a big enough stink the worst that should happen is they make everyone take down their religious or atheist signs and everybody hates u for it.  Are you there to make a living or to make friends is always the question.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:ok, I'm

tonyjeffers wrote:

ok, I'm new here so don't laugh, but what's a god detector and where do i get one?  And as long as it doesn't have obsenities u should be able to put it up.  If it makes a big enough stink the worst that should happen is they make everyone take down their religious or atheist signs and everybody hates u for it.  Are you there to make a living or to make friends is always the question.

You can get one at evolvefish.com just search "god detector". If you scroll down there is a link on the left hand side of the screen for the evolvefish store. Or there is a link near the top of the "recent posts" page. If you use that link I think RRS gets a percentage. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How do the god detectors

How do the god detectors work? Looks like a gauge that goes left & right for no & yes.

What causes it to move ?  (did I just open myself up for a jab)

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: How do

ex-minister wrote:

How do the god detectors work? Looks like a gauge that goes left & right for no & yes.

What causes it to move ?  (did I just open myself up for a jab)

God moves it in mysterious ways;  didn't you get the memo?      I think I'll buy one, if god wants to talk to me after  56+ years I wouldn't want to miss it.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:God moves it

Jeffrick wrote:
God moves it in mysterious ways; 

I hated that tautology growing up. Do they teach it amongst Eastern Catholics as well?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Jeffrick

Kapkao wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:
God moves it in mysterious ways; 

I hated that tautology growing up. Do they teach it amongst Eastern Catholics as well?

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!  That and the "god has a plan" crappola.    It seems to be the theist way of saying  "Of course it's nonsense but I'm believing anyways"!!!!!   I useually hit them back with a simple question "Where does it say that in the bible?" [ans:]   It doesn't, there is NO mystery about what god wants from you [total whorship] and NO mystery about his plan [the death penalty] , to cite George Carlin "because he love's you".

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bahana wrote:I have a God

Bahana wrote:

I have a God detector. I work in a call center. People put bible verses up at their station all the time. It's only fair I should put my God detector there. That might make some angry. Should I just go for it and see what people say?

It depends, are you willing to lose your job if management doesn't like it? Are you willing to insist keeping it on display if they tell you to take it down?

What kind of bills do you have at home, how quickly could you get another job if you lost this one? AND what are the wrongful termination laws in your location. And document exact time and names of people if if if this becomes a stink.

And if you do get fired most places it is your word against theirs and they could claim you were a bad worker. I work in a "right to fuck the employee state" which basically means they can fire a worker at will and make any excuse and lie about it.

I am not saying do or don't do this. But know what your getting into. They may let you keep it up if you bring up the religious displays. They may make everyone take down everything religious.

Think about this before you do it, and if you know someone who is a lawyer you might ask them how to go about it.

You could ask advice from American Atheists, or The ACLU.

I

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 A god detector as pictured

A god detector as pictured above is set in the no position by the manufacturer.  God could move it to yes... if he existed.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: A god

Sapient wrote:

A god detector as pictured above is set in the no position by the manufacturer.  God could move it to yes... if he existed.

I had a co worker who thought it would be funny to manually move the needle, which you can if you take the lid off, he thought that would fool me. Ugh.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait

Wait,

Flower man you were Eastern Orthodox? Really? I studied the Cult of Eastern Orthodoxy and have written a book on the subject. maybe you've heard of Frankie Schaeffer, the apostate from his dad Francis Schaffer.

Maybe we should have an eastern orthodox discussion. Most have no clue what Eastern Orthodox  even is.

Timothy Ware said that Eastern Orthodoxy is dominately Panentheism. pretty cultic.

This one Greek Orthodox guy said he knew Greek, when we were discussing with both of our Greek New Testaments, he cheated and was using an interlinear, what a liar.

lol, your old religion is pretty bad, i'd put more pictures up of me but I wouldn't want you to kiss them or anything.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Opie

Hi Opie,

I can usually smell an atheist from across the room. They smell like a rat. I can see it in their eyes. It comes out in their appearance and how they walk.

In fact, In have innate detection of many cults and pagan;heretical religions. I'm that good. lol.

But look, if you guy want to simply go by fish and a detector, then that's extremely pathetic.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Wait,

Flower man you were Eastern Orthodox? Really? I studied the Cult of Eastern Orthodoxy and have written a book on the subject. maybe you've heard of Frankie Schaeffer, the apostate from his dad Francis Schaffer.

Maybe we should have an eastern orthodox discussion. Most have no clue what Eastern Orthodox  even is.

Timothy Ware said that Eastern Orthodoxy is dominately Panentheism. pretty cultic.

This one Greek Orthodox guy said he knew Greek, when we were discussing with both of our Greek New Testaments, he cheated and was using an interlinear, what a liar.

lol, your old religion is pretty bad, i'd put more pictures up of me but I wouldn't want you to kiss them or anything.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Coloring books don't count.