What Do You Think About Atheists?

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
What Do You Think About Atheists?

This is a three minute video compilation about what various theists think about atheists.  You better be strapped in:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnWwlZCsSw&feature=player_embedded

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nothing like basking in the

Nothing like basking in the glow of Xtian "love".

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
emphasis mine

Beyond Saving wrote:

Nothing like basking in the glow of Xtian "love".

Hope you brought your dosimeters...  before hair starts falling out and shit. (who else could justify a nuclear "holy war" in the 21st century, besides a practitioner of Abrahamic traditions? Anyone?)

I'm no stranger to the thoughts like those exposed in the (candid!?) video, given my place of residence and birth (bible belt), but I can at least confirm to a limited degree that it is a mutual case of both sides of the fence looking at each other, and saying "We tire of listening to you."

For some involved (like me), it is more so a classic case of 'do you bring any new arguments to the table? no? then stop wasting my time.'

Yeah... people are going to piss on us, sure... but here's another item. How many were paid to speak like they did in the video? I do, of course, mean "paid to badmouth atheists"? Not accommodating the fucktards in the vid, just saying... "who else should we be looking at" as far as antisecularism goes? The most heard & read, or the least?

I prefer to look at less visible theistards for just that reason. In most cases of "soinso/suchinsuch is an uh-front to gawd!!!", it isn't the arguments made... but rather who is making them that matters. That is where the next Eric Robert Rudolph comes from.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I'm winding down for bed

I'm winding down for bed and don't want to have to use the punching bag at bed time so I'll watch it soon.  Glad I got warned.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I'm winding

Sapient wrote:

I'm winding down for bed and don't want to have to use the punching bag at bed time so I'll watch it soon.  Glad I got warned.

Be glad your circadian rhythm actually functions.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Abu_Lahab
User is offlineOffline
 Given the type of rabid

Given the type of rabid theists featured in the video I just get a warm, snuggly feeling knowing how far removed from them I am.

Thank jehova!

"Oh, what a giveaway!"