Atheist doctor tells believer the truth.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist doctor tells believer the truth.

A Jehovah's witness refuses a blood transfusion and atheist doctor tells her it is the only chance she has to save her life.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/05/3411235/a-meeting-of-hearts-if-not-minds.html

Here is my question. If she is so bent on not accepting medical care, how did she end up in the hospital in the first place? Seems a bit half ass to me. So she gets sick, goes to the doctor, then refuses care? If you are going to refuse care, why even go in the first place?

I am an atheist, but I wouldn't give one shit if the doctor who saved my life was a Christian, hindu or Muslim. It seems sick to me that people today will put superstition above proven medical care that is universal.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Duh (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Here is my

Brian37 wrote:
Here is my question. If she is so bent on not accepting medical care, how did she end up in the hospital in the first place? Seems a bit half ass to me. So she gets sick, goes to the doctor, then refuses care? If you are going to refuse care, why even go in the first place?

Because being pious needs an audience. Not much use or fun otherwise