Under Duress

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Under Duress

I check out "atheist" under news on google daily. I found this follow up story about an Indonesian man arrested for saying God did not exist. According to reports and this link he has since "reconsidered". NO SHIT, when you have an entire society threatening you with physical harm and your family, like fucking childish brats acting like schoolyard bullies this is not a shock.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/asiapacific/news/article_1688076.php/Indonesian-atheist-might-embrace-Islam-after-arrest-police...

NOW I will right now, DEMONSTRATE, how freedom works in a civil society.

ALLAH DOES NOT EXIST! There fuckwads. You cant cross my boarder and have me arrested you fucking pricks!

NOW before you jihad jackass's go claiming hate and bigotry, this is not aimed at all Muslims. This is aimed at the dick heads who think it is ok to squash dissent. In civil society you live with hearing things that offend you. To do otherwise is to be a mere bully.

AND what does that say about you and your alleged god's power? Why would an all powerful god need a mere mortal to defend it? Every time I hear a believer OF ANY LABEL say "Don't pick on my god" I get the image of a midget standing spread eagle in front of the Terminator shouting "Don't pick on my God, you might hurt him".

THESE IDIOTS GET MY ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR AWARD!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is a poem I wrote about

Here is a poem I wrote about this mentality.

Under Duress, By Brian37

A magnum
A Glock
Aimed
At my temple

Forced submission
Is all it is
The desperate act
To protect one's ego

The hollow omni
Thus proclaimed
Needs a gun
And mortals to win?

Such a coward
The mafia boss
Hijacked minds
At reason's cost

Antiquity
Is where you live
Comic book heros
Are all you have

Subjugation
Your selfish goal
Seeking silence
Of all others

The advocate
Of shackles
The defender
Of superstition

The way to win
For those of such
Is to use force
No regard for evidence

If one cannot
Take a question
If one cannot
Handle scrutiny

If all you want
Is forced submission
If all you want
Is intimidation

I will not bow
To such
The childish mindset
Of abuse

My mind is mine
You do not own
Dictators lose
When reason employed

Under duress
Does not work
It is the bastion
Of the desperate

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't recant, but I'm a

I wouldn't recant, but I'm a rare breed. I seem to lack a very basic fear of death and pain.

Most here are not (edit; ) a rare breed. Alas, "Attack my friends, attack me. Attack me, attack my friends." Tribalist, but it works well enough.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)