Hebrew is Greek

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hebrew is Greek

thepiratebay.org/torrent/3939624/Joseph_Yahuda_-_Hebrew_is_Greek

It is hardly a surprising work but if you have a bittorrent app you can get a copy -- 207MB -- scanned not OCRed for very good reasons which will be obvious when you see it.

It should have been obvious to the world for over a century but believers have too many problems. At one time there was a serious debate as to the Septuagint having been the original something that I am raising again two centuries later. The major argument against it was the "hebraisms" in the Septuagint. If styles and structures from Hebrew are found in the Septuagint then the Septuagint must be the translation.

Problem is around 1890 a huge cache of Greek documents was found in Egypt. It was in a style different from classical Greek. It came to be known as Koine Greek. Surprise! Surprise. Koine Greek had all the "hebraisms." Thus the iron-clad argument reversed. The "hebrew" is the translation of the Greek Septuagint.

This has literally been known for over a century.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

It is hardly a surprising work but if you have a bittorrent app you can get a copy -- 207MB -- scanned not OCRed for very good reasons which will be obvious when you see it.

It should have been obvious to the world for over a century but believers have too many problems. At one time there was a serious debate as to the Septuagint having been the original something that I am raising again two centuries later. The major argument against it was the "hebraisms" in the Septuagint. If styles and structures from Hebrew are found in the Septuagint then the Septuagint must be the translation.

Problem is around 1890 a huge cache of Greek documents was found in Egypt. It was in a style different from classical Greek. It came to be known as Koine Greek. Surprise! Surprise. Koine Greek had all the "hebraisms." Thus the iron-clad argument reversed. The "hebrew" is the translation of the Greek Septuagint.

If it =had= been known for over a century it would be part of the mainstream knowledge for the Hebrew language.  Instead you've posted a link to a torrent that's hosted by a known hacker website.

I think I'll pass.

And if it has been known for over a century you'll have no trouble posting references to peer-reviewed articles and not expecting people to download 207MB from a hacker website ...

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
How DARE you diss the Pirate

How DARE you diss the Pirate Bay! I have hundreds of GBs of movies and tv shows thanks to them.

Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:How DARE you

Vastet wrote:
How DARE you diss the Pirate Bay! I have hundreds of GBs of movies and tv shows thanks to them. :P

I have dozens of firewall alerts per hour now, thanks to them.

They are hackers, and not even very good hackers at that.

And while I'm sure you have no issue problem with stolen property (the missing "Don't steal" commandment n the Atheist Zero Commandments piece of poster board ...), you steal stuff, bad stuff just might happen.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
How DARE you diss the Pirate Bay! I have hundreds of GBs of movies and tv shows thanks to them. :P

And while I'm sure you have no issue problem with stolen property (the missing "Don't steal" commandment n the Atheist Zero Commandments piece of poster board ...), you steal stuff, bad stuff just might happen.

Furry, he is a "moon landing was faked" bigot.

But I wont give you a pass either.

Here is the common ground you both have.

"MY LAND"

The dispute between his camp and yours is when ownership started.

Historically Jews WERE around longer than the current Muslim majority in Palestine.

But what BOTH of you miss is that WE are all human and even the first Hebrews took power from prior polytheists who formerly dominated.

Just like you know damned well you would not give back the Pyramids or Egyptian tombs to a gene line if someone today with DNA proved they were directly related.

And BOTH of you ignore what happened in the states. Native Americans were here first, but neither of you argue that we should give the land back to them.

If land ownership is determined by "I was here first" or "bloodline" you are both screwed because polytheists were the majority before either of the current dominate players existed. Why don't you both give back the land to the polytheists?

How about a dose of reality for both of you.

Humans existed prior to both those gangs. Humans were here before any of us. And if all we do as a species is fuck each other because of myths we will continue as a species the stupid alpha male mentality which is the worst base reality of our evolution. We as a species seem to love dominance first before cooperation.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
le solite

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Vastet wrote:

If that's stealing then what's copying?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Theft requires taking something someone owns, depriving them of its use or presence. Copying doesn't qualify.

And I'm ethically opposed to the idea someone can own an idea. I will undermine "evil" copyright laws at any and every opportunity, until they are abolished or I am dead.

If hollywood wants my money, they can lower their prices first. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee so I can access all the special features,and have the film in pristine condition (something pirates haven't figured out how to do yet). But I'm not going to let them tease me with a preview then demand $30 for the right to see a < 2 hour show.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

FurryCatHerder wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

If it =had= been known for over a century it would be part of the mainstream knowledge for the Hebrew language.  Instead you've posted a link to a torrent that's hosted by a known hacker website.

I think I'll pass.

And if it has been known for over a century you'll have no trouble posting references to peer-reviewed articles and not expecting people to download 207MB from a hacker website ...

You can lead a horse to culture ...

The oldest mention of recognizing Koine Greek constitutes the "Hebraicisms" I have found is from 1917 or so and references a cache of documents found in the 1880s. A century is a perfectly acceptable way of saying it.

The more you read on these subjects the more you learn what is taught in seminaries but never passed on to the peasants.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Vastet wrote:

What torrent did you download just before that started?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:
Historically Jews WERE around longer than the current Muslim majority in Palestine.

How does Judeans converting to Islam make them other than Judeans?

Of course how does imposing the Yahweh cult by the sword make them cult members is also a legitimate question.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
FurryCatHerder wrote:

Theft requires taking something someone owns, depriving them of its use or presence. Copying doesn't qualify. And I'm ethically opposed to the idea someone can own an idea. I will undermine "evil" copyright laws at any and every opportunity, until they are abolished or I am dead. If hollywood wants my money, they can lower their prices first. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee so I can access all the special features,and have the film in pristine condition (something pirates haven't figured out how to do yet). But I'm not going to let them tease me with a preview then demand $30 for the right to see a < 2 hour show.

Seems rather straightforward to me. My cable company rents me a video recorder to make copies. It even has buttons to speed through commercials.  The laws I read, those of the US, say personal copies are legitimate and Time-Warner Cable appears to agree completely. I do not see any restrictions upon where or how one obtains copies. The law is very clear in prohibiting making a profit from personal copies.

www.ussliberty.org

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
THAT makes sense to me.

THAT makes sense to me. Making profit off of anothers idea is a completely different thing from experiencing someone elses idea.

But even that should have a limit. Yes, someone who does something incredible should be rewarded, but not eternally. Their children deserve nothing. Their spouse deserves nothing. Their great grand children deserve nothing. And even they don't deserve the ability to lock the idea up in perpetuity once it has been communicated. There was nothing preventing someone else from independently coming up with the same thing, until we created copyright laws.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
THAT makes sense to me. Making profit off of anothers idea is a completely different thing from experiencing someone elses idea. But even that should have a limit. Yes, someone who does something incredible should be rewarded, but not eternally. Their children deserve nothing. Their spouse deserves nothing. Their great grand children deserve nothing. And even they don't deserve the ability to lock the idea up in perpetuity once it has been communicated. There was nothing preventing someone else from independently coming up with the same thing, until we created copyright laws.

How a  person makes money off of their work is their business. The earnings simply should not be stolen by others. Consider the earnings of van Gogh ... Most painters in their lifetimes were like most photographers it was a living in portraits and school yearbooks. A trivial fraction made any real money just like there are only a handful of Ansel Adams types. Reward is an entirely separate issue.

The people who make movies are behind it all not the TV producers. The movie folks tried to ban the VCR entirely. The TV folks were just against the fast forward button. 90% of movies and TV are just fillers comparable to yearbook photographers. Profits from the few hit movies finance the filler movies.

In any event how they make their money is their business. Seems to me if they had a real problem about movie cameras in theaters they would stop releasing movies on DVD and to cable. Anyone with cable can see everything less than a year behind the theater release. It is all on the same release schedule just delayed.

Seems to me if they really want this there should be reciprocal laws banning false advertising such as saying a clunker is a good movie, ban all promotion of movies released in February, things like that to save the public from being ripped off.

www.ussliberty.org