Revelation

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Revelation

All religions can be reduced in essence to revelation, that is to say, one person communing with ‘god’ or his agents to gain knowledge. A religion may be based on a singular revelation, or on a series of revelations from a string of ‘prophets’. Revelation is then passed down as oral tradition, which becomes written tradition, or, as in more ‘modern’ situations, passed directly to written tradition.

My question would be, is revelation a valid source of knowledge?

What differentiates revelation from imagination or delusion? LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
So far I've only watched a

So far I've only watched a few videos, but George Carlin is hilarious.  Thanks for the links! 

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Comedians

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

cj wrote:
blacklight915 wrote:
There's not exactly a lot of historical documentation for the existence of Abraham outside of the Old Testament...

Actually, there is absolutely none.  There is no way to tell one goat herder from another by the archaeological record.  Best we can say is there is evidence of pastorialism and no evidence of a formal government.

And pastoral cultures are illiterate. Writing appears only with the development of empires as it is needed to keep things working smoothly. Therefore the bible was not written in bibleland.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml