Ancient Markings in Jerusalem Uncovered.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Ancient Markings in Jerusalem Uncovered.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought everyone here would like to take a look at this news report.  http://news.yahoo.com/experts-stumped-ancient-jerusalem-markings-071348189.html

Quote:

Mysterious stone carvings made thousands of years ago and recently uncovered in an excavation underneath Jerusalem have archaeologists stumped.  Israeli diggers who uncovered a complex of rooms carved into the bedrock in the oldest section of the city recently found the markings: Three "V'' shapes cut next to each other into the limestone floor of one of the rooms, about 2 inches (5 centimeters) deep and 20 inches (50 centimeters) long. There were no finds to offer any clues pointing to the identity of who made them or what purpose they served.

The archaeologists in charge of the dig know so little that they have been unable even to posit a theory about their nature, said Eli Shukron, one of the two directors of the dig.

"The markings are very strange, and very intriguing. I've never seen anything like them," Shukron said.

Maybe you guys have theories on this; I'd like to hear them if so.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
duh.  those three "V

duh.  those three "V shapes" are arrows to direct the crowds.  "bring your lamb right this way, sir!  the barbecue will begin shortly.  god gets the fat and shitty organs, the priests get the meat, and you get to go home and raise us another one by this time next year.  only prime grade, if you please, sir!  right this way!  get away from me, kid, you bother me..." 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm thinking 'mundane'

Looks like a base support for something they didn't want to move... Animal Cage? Sacrificial Alter?

Don't let Luminim see this, He'll be certain it's an ancient astronauts orgone accumulator...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Looks

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Looks like a base support for something they didn't want to move... Animal Cage? Sacrificial Alter?

Don't let Luminim see this, He'll be certain it's an ancient astronauts orgone accumulator...

LC >;-}>

Great way to keep him from doing that, point it out. LOL

And we all know that it was a Flux Capacitor.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog