Jesus Lives, and He Loves.

ImAJesusFreak
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jesus Lives, and He Loves.

Jesus still loves all people. And you can still be saved. Why would you not want to believe in God? There's so much bad in the world that it's amazing to know He is there to protect and love. And after life, I love knowing that I'm going to be in an amazing place called Heaven with all my loved ones that have passed on before me, instead of just going in the ground.

I am praying for each and everyone one of you hoping that you will come to know Christ as your personal savior.

Any questions about Christ? Contact me at [email protected]

God Bless.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:FurryCatHerder

Brian37 wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Yes, it sure is.  That would be the same Living G-d who has commanded you NOT to engage in paganism and polytheism.  Your three-in-one scheme, fabricated out of whole clothe by an ex-communicated Pharisee wannabe, falls far short of "You will have no other gods besides me".

READ YOUR OWN WORDS,

Is that what you want to live under? Is that what you want to subject your mind to? Seriously?

"commanded"

That is what a dictator does.

In real life we don't submit to commands. We communicate through advise and consent to what we agree to.

You let me know how that "advise and consent" is working out with the Laws of Gravity.  Okay?

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Yes, it sure is.  That would be the same Living G-d who has commanded you NOT to engage in paganism and polytheism.  Your three-in-one scheme, fabricated out of whole clothe by an ex-communicated Pharisee wannabe, falls far short of "You will have no other gods besides me".

READ YOUR OWN WORDS,

Is that what you want to live under? Is that what you want to subject your mind to? Seriously?

"commanded"

In real life we don't submit to commands. We communicate through advise and consent to what we agree to.

You let me know how that "advise and consent" is working out with the Laws of Gravity.  Okay?

If you are going to say the laws of nature "Spinoza's god" are god, the you are closer to a pantheist and nowhere near a Jew. Jewish myth has a human like character with human qualities, and that is what the people back then viewed him as.

The other mistake you make is using the word "law" in anthropomorphic terms instead of scientific terms.

You view laws stupidly as "handed down" by a god.

"Law" that scientific method measures is merely the word used to describe an observable pattern. "Laws" as a scientific word merely describe a consistency in observation. They are not "handed down" by a fictional being by any name nor do the laws in science need a cognition as a cause.

"Laws exist so therefore there must be a law giver"NO

The laws of nature are merely observations in non cognitive processes and do not need a consciousness as a cause. Consciousness only exists in biological evolution, not outside evolution. "Laws" are merely a WORD scientists put in to describe non cognitive processes and simply mean that "when this happens, this happens".

I can make a "law" about the standard 6 sided dice.

"When you roll the dice you will only end up with one of 6 numbers"

What wont happen with that standard dice is having it land on a 45 or 78 because those numbers are not on a standard dice. Nor does it take belief in Vishnu nor I need to make up a dice god as a cause to understand that.

And on top of your misuse of the word "law" you would not buy this "law" argument if a Muslim or Christian were using "Law" to argue their god.

Scientific method which gave us the scientific language where the word "law" is used is not dependent on believing in the Jewish god or any for that matter.

And regardless our observations of the universe do not need a god to study or understand, not yours, not any. You worship a myth and are merely trying to back peddle by retrofitting science to prop up your myth. Christians and Muslims do this to and this is no different.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

devilsadvoc8
devilsadvoc8's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImAJesusFreak wrote:Jesus

freeminer wrote:

Quote:
There never has been, or ever will be such a thing as a non material thinking entity OF ANY KIND BY ANY NAME.

you poverty-stricken soul.............no love, beauty, morality, creativity............what a dark, miserable place you inhabit.

Just curious how you draw this conclusion that they have no love, beauty, morality or creativity from lack of belief in a diety?  It seems to me that you are drawing a conclusion about someone you have never met based upon an extremely limited on line interaction. 

At a minimum that is stereotyping (perhaps the quoted poster is all those things but you arrived at the conclusion through an incorrect process) and at its worst you are ignorant and simply wrong. 

I too do not believe in any diety but I can assure you I live in a vibrant happy place and I certainly wouldn't trade it for living within the shell of fiction. 

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchins

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

READ YOUR OWN WORDS,

"commanded"

The physical laws don't exist because people wrote them down. God did not become an entity because people wrote the Bible.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

READ YOUR OWN WORDS,

"commanded"

The physical laws don't exist because people wrote them down. God did not become an entity because people wrote the Bible.

Your answers keep getting worse and more desperate.

Physical laws do not exist because of a god, WE discovered them and WE gave those observations the word "law". No god needed to do that and those laws were not caused by a god. The observations WE call "law" are the result of a process not a "who".

God became a character in the bible because humans invented it and successfully marketed it. Just like for 3,000 years the Egyptians were successful in selling their society the made up sun god. You are not doing anything differently falling for your myth.

Marketing is why religions succeed and why they eventually die or morph into something else. G/gods are human inventions, of imagination and ignorance. ALL gods, not just yours.

There never was a God or god or non material entity that thinks, by any name.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog