atheist
User is offlineOffline
State Representative: Force Muslims out of military

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
What sentiments describes

That sentiment describes pretty much everyone in the world. I have never met a non douche. But he is quite high up on the douche scale.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is what I would say if

This is what I would say if I could see this idiot face to face.

Hey dipshit "No religious test" kinda blows this bullshit out of the water.

This is presumption of guilt. If there are radicals in the military they will act out, and should get kicked out. But since our military does not require an oath to any god to join, not even an oath to Jesus, unless ANYONE is doing something wrong while serving, even with non religious issues, their label does not equate to an automatic booting.

And Timothy McViegh served too. So are we going to boot all white Christians too?

There ARE far more non-Muslim military that get kicked out for violent behavior, be it a bar fight, or PTSD or simply not mentally fit. This is simply fear mongering.

BTW dipshit, if it were not for Muslims in our military a lot of the intel Bush and Obama got would not be had. We do need Arab speekers to translate.

"Mommy mommy they look different, they must be bad"

Screw you asshole. I am glad people like you had no hand in writting our Constitution.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He's even dumber than you

He's even dumber than you give him credit for. A fully diversified military is key to operational success in multiple arenas.
If you don't have any black people in your forces (because of whatever), then any mission to an area with a majority black population will encounter higher resistance than if you had black people.
The same is true of religious groups. Even though an automatic and unmistakable visual cue may not exist, it's a lot easier to communicate and foster cooperation with a local population if you have people that look, talk, and/or believe like locals. The more they fit the easier it is. Common ground is key to a relationship, state or personal.
The extra benefit of having people on your side who can think like the enemy is self explanatory.
Spies and sabotuers will exist anyway, denying yourself access to them will not help you gather intelligence or claim victory.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He's even

Vastet wrote:
He's even dumber than you give him credit for. A fully diversified military is key to operational success in multiple arenas. If you don't have any black people in your forces (because of whatever), then any mission to an area with a majority black population will encounter higher resistance than if you had black people. The same is true of religious groups. Even though an automatic and unmistakable visual cue may not exist, it's a lot easier to communicate and foster cooperation with a local population if you have people that look, talk, and/or believe like locals. The more they fit the easier it is. Common ground is key to a relationship, state or personal. The extra benefit of having people on your side who can think like the enemy is self explanatory. Spies and sabotuers will exist anyway, denying yourself access to them will not help you gather intelligence or claim victory.

There was a comedian who had a bit about being glad the military was diverse. I forgot his name but it went something like;

"You have your blacks doing the drive bys. You'd have the Hispanics stripping the enemy vehicals. You'd have the scary white redneck guy with the giant Bouie knife stabbing the guy to death while twisting the knife shouting(redneck voice) "How's that feel motherfucker!"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
muslim hater

just another muslim hater on the loose...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Squady wrote: just another

Squady wrote:

just another muslim hater on the loose...

This is a human rights issue for me. A constitutional issue. If someone has no criminal record, they are decent law abiding people, and they meet the Constitutional and physical requirements to serve, their personal religion should not and cannot legally exclude them.

There are lots of reasons to hate the claims of individual Muslims, and even the governments some Muslims live under. Islamic theocracies like Iran and Saudi Arabia SHOULD be condemned for their religious monopolies on politics. Women in lots of locations are still forced to cover up. And in far too many places cant drive or vote.

But outside their invisible friend claims, a human is a human is a human, and believers can be decent people, of any label. What cannot happen in a civil society is the exclusion of others. Every government institution in a plural society must be equally accessed.

And as already mentioned in this thread, it makes no sense to bar Muslims from service if we are going to catch bad guys who hold that label.

Our military needs every type of label. By doing such it gives us exposure to the world's cultures and allows us insight and advantage in information gathering and allows us to be better ambassadors.