Who here has ever gone POEing?

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Who here has ever gone POEing?

Reading TRUECHRISTIAN's posts makes me wonder how many of the atheists on this form have ever played around being a POE.  I know I've done it a few times when I was board.  Am I the only one, or have others here done it as well?  

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nope

But it could be fun done well. I always enjoyed Billy Bob when he was on the boards. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote:Am I the only

RatDog wrote:

Am I the only one, or have others here done it as well?  

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Chuckles

Sapient wrote:

RatDog wrote:

why am I not surprised...was it a godly or atheist persona? 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: But

Atheistextremist wrote:

But it could be fun done well. I always enjoyed Billy Bob when he was on the boards. 

In my opinion the key to good POEing seems to be finding some subtle way of letting people know you're a POE, while at the same time mimicking various religious attitudes.   When I was playing True believer I did so by adding various non Christian beliefs like unicorns.  My favorite joke with that character was science wars where the truth about science is determined through mortal combat.  

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was responding

When I was responding to a couple of posts that I thought were POE's, I remember wondering if it might not be an Atheist having a bit of a laugh. I never seriously considered it, until this thread just got brought up.

I HAVE seriously wondered, if some of the theists on here have bailed out when things got tight and then just came back under another name.

I remember Mr. Metaphysics typing style and delivery looked awful familiar to me.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm not seriously suggesting we do this

harleysportster wrote:

When I was responding to a couple of posts that I thought were POE's, I remember wondering if it might not be an Atheist having a bit of a laugh. I never seriously considered it, until this thread just got brought up.

I HAVE seriously wondered, if some of the theists on here have bailed out when things got tight and then just came back under another name.

I remember Mr. Metaphysics typing style and delivery looked awful familiar to me.

but if the former christians had christian alter-egos that were known by the locals, then that could be a great deal of fun. Inevitably there'd be a thread like Gollum in LoTR where some poor chap got locked into a cycle of internal debate, staring into a crystal pool of LCD raging against his inner sinner...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Sapient wrote:

RatDog wrote:

why am I not surprised...was it a godly or atheist persona? 

Born again Christian baby!

Lion IRC
Theist
Lion IRC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Will the real atheists please stand up?

Atheist Fakers?

The list so far………..

Atheists masquerading as POE Christians on AvT forums (fora)

Atheists pretending to be Christian clergy. (Hiding in the same closet as the pedophiles?)

Atheists who pretend their morality doesn’t change when Someone up in the sky is watching. (Not talking about the speed cameras, unmarked police cars )

Atheists in prison identifying as Christian. (Never believed those stats.)

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lion IRC wrote:Atheist

Lion IRC wrote:

Atheist Fakers?

The list so far………..

Atheists masquerading as POE Christians on AvT forums (fora)

Atheists pretending to be Christian clergy. (Hiding in the same closet as the pedophiles?)

Atheists who pretend their morality doesn’t change when Someone up in the sky is watching. (Not talking about the speed cameras, unmarked police cars )

Atheists in prison identifying as Christian. (Never believed those stats.)

It's a well kept secret, but actually everyone is an atheist.  Especially the Pope.  He's the biggest atheists of all. 

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 nope. not yet. But it

nope. not yet. But it sounds exhausting.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

Edward Current is the ultimate POE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc34hvD4  (What if God Disappeared?)

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Don't most forums treat

Don't most forums treat having more than one account as a bannable offense?

I get banned from enough forums as it is without trying that kind of stuff.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nah...

Ok, it's not a 'moralistic' thing... it's just that I always gripe about hypocrisy, so even though I can REALLY do the evangelist persona thing (I am southern after all) , I just can't bring myself to it.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Ok, it's

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Ok, it's not a 'moralistic' thing... it's just that I always gripe about hypocrisy, so even though I can REALLY do the evangelist persona thing (I am southern after all) , I just can't bring myself to it.

LC >;-}>

How Southern are you?  Are you Old Stock?

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's put it this way...

I'm from S.E. Texas, right on the Louisiana border...
I HAVE in fact dated a (3d) cousin...
I was raised by my maternal Grandmother... who was an ex lumberjack and moonshiner... delivered two of her children by herself.
I and all my siblings have two names... Brothers Hilton Leonard and John Ronald, Sisters Joyce Ellen and Vera Jean...
My great grandfather (a psychotic murderer) was a founding member of his local chapter of the KKK.

Southern enough for ya?

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:I'm from

Louis_Cypher wrote:

I'm from S.E. Texas, right on the Louisiana border...
I HAVE in fact dated a (3d) cousin...
I was raised by my maternal Grandmother... who was an ex lumberjack and moonshiner... delivered two of her children by herself.
I and all my siblings have two names... Brothers Hilton Leonard and John Ronald, Sisters Joyce Ellen and Vera Jean...
My great grandfather (a psychotic murderer) was a founding member of his local chapter of the KKK.

Southern enough for ya?

LC >;-}>

*Grins*  Yeah, you must be Old Stock.

All my family had arrived to the New World during the 1600's and 1700's.  The most recent immigrant in my family was around 1788 if I remember correctly.  All lived in Southern states.

My GGGGGGGGG Grandfather was a Colonel during the Revolutionary war that fought the British around the Carolinas.  He was also very intolerant of Tories.  He had a habit of terrorizing them and burning their homes down.  He was captured by the Redcoats and met Andrew Jackson who was also a prisoner at the time.  After the war they traveled together through Tennessee where he was introduced to Sam Houston and Davy Crocket.  His wife was the grandniece of Daniel Boone.  Also his brother who was traveling with him stopped in Tennessee and started a distillery.  Later he decided to sell it to some guy named Jack Daniels.

During the Civil War my direct paternal GG Grandfather and 5 of my GGG Grandfather's fought for the Confederacy.

Within 20 years after the war was over all of my family had moved to Northeast Texas where I was born.

I had ancestors living in every Southern state with the exception of Florida when the Civil War broke out.

Lion IRC
Theist
Lion IRC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Forgot my real name

Watcher wrote:

Using different nicks on different fora is something I find funny.

"...Hey everyone its me Rumple Stiltskin, I used to be Ooberman on that other forum or you may know me as dadalus. Sometimes I go by the name Maverick..."

I wonder if, in meatworld, these ppl ever accidentally sign off on their work-related emails with something like... "Louis_Cypher"

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
I keep it simple...

Lion IRC wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Using different nicks on different fora is something I find funny.

"...Hey everyone its me Rumple Stiltskin, I used to be Ooberman on that other forum or you may know me as dadalus. Sometimes I go by the name Maverick..."

I wonder if, in meatworld, these ppl ever accidentally sign off on their work-related emails with something like... "Louis_Cypher"

I either use my real name, Bill Moody, or my nick, Louis_Cypher... I don't have any others, and I've been a denizen of the Internet for a very long time. On occasion, my wife does refer to me as "LC"... because that's who she met me as over 15 years ago on a little text based world called a "moo"... it's a sign of affection.

Generally I keep Louis and I separate, he's the sensible one, I'm the take-a-baseball-bat-and-hunt-you-down type...

By the way, Lion IRC... is IRC a polish name?

LC >;-}>

Lion IRC
Theist
Lion IRC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm the take-a-baseball-bat-and-hunt-you-down type...

/me steps slowly backwards away from the "denizen of the Internet"   

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
His vision is based on

His vision is based on movement, don't run! He won't see you.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

I forgot about The Rapture Right, those guys are awesome POE's.  They go out in public and do skits.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:I forgot

Philosophicus wrote:

I forgot about The Rapture Right, those guys are awesome POE's.  They go out in public and do skits.

Are they done doing there thing?

http://www.theraptureright.com/

Hadn't heard of them before

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

moxia19
moxia19's picture
User is offlineOffline
spam

### mod edit remove spam

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

ex-minister wrote:

Philosophicus wrote:

Are they done doing there thing?

http://www.theraptureright.com/

Hadn't heard of them before

I'm not sure if they're still doing their thing, but I'm surprised their website isn't working.  Here's a taste of their work:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdCeghADss

thinkingaboutit (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
If I ever decided to do

If I ever decided to do that, I'd do it here. No other forum on the net makes it's trolls feel as welcome and comfortable as this one.