Pat Robertson/Zoo animals/ Gay People

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pat Robertson/Zoo animals/ Gay People

Check out this latest round of nonsense :

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/10/19/pat-robertson-god-let-zoo-animals-escape-to-bite-gay-people/

Pat Robertson : God let zoo animals escape to bite gay people

Televangelist stirs controversy with his latest round of remarks

(Zanesville Ohio, the Borowitz Report)

As dozens of escaped exotic animals terrorized the town of Zanesville, Ohio, the Rev. Pat Robertson raised eyebrows today by saying that “God allowed those wild animals to escape because he wanted them to find gay people and bite them.”

Rev. Robertson, who made his remark during a regular broadcast of his 700 Club television program, said that the Book of Revelation made explicit reference to “escaped lions, tigers and bears running around Ohio biting gay people” as a prelude to the Rapture.

The televangelist also contradicted local officials who had warned Zanesville residents to remain indoors until the all the animals had been accounted for: “Really, those animals won’t bite you unless you’re gay.”

The escaped wild animals immediately became a hot-button issue in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

At a campaign stop in South Carolina, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said, “If the authorities are putting innocent creatures to death, I’m for it.”

And in Iowa, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) told reporters, “We should ship those animals back either to the Congo or to Africa.”

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Apparently the Borowitz

Apparently the Borowitz report is satire. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Apparently

Sapient wrote:

Sounds like it. But certainly does a great job poking fun at the Falwell /Robertson absurdity of gays and abortionists being the cause of Katrina.

In other news, Japan deserved the Tsunami because they didn't kiss the ass of Jesus.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Sapient

Brian37 wrote:

Sapient wrote:

Sounds like it. But certainly does a great job poking fun at the Falwell /Robertson absurdity of gays and abortionists being the cause of Katrina.

In other news, Japan deserved the Tsunami because they didn't kiss the ass of Jesus.

What is scary is that it could almost be true, knowing the sort of stuff people like that have come out with, especially involving gays.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Apparently

Sapient wrote:

I was wondering if it were or if moron Pat was just trying to garner some attention.

There is a site on Facebook called "Atheist Quotes of the day". That was where I found the link to the story.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

RecoveringFundamentalist (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:At a

harleysportster wrote:

At a campaign stop in South Carolina, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said, “If the authorities are putting innocent creatures to death, I’m for it.”

And in Iowa, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) told reporters, “We should ship those animals back either to the Congo or to Africa.”

That part is a dead giveaway that it's a satire.