Ray Comfort busted for plagiarism

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comfort busted for plagiarism

Looks like Ray Ray is not in a position to call anyone who lies and steals a 'liar and a thief'.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 We posted a story on Way

We posted a story on Way of the Master Watchdog a while back about Ray Comfort stealing portions of text to fill his book up.  

Ray Comfort plagiarizes book

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: We posted a

Sapient wrote:

We posted a story on Way of the Master Watchdog a while back about Ray Comfort stealing portions of text to fill his book up.  

Ray Comfort plagiarizes book

That's awesome, ha!

Turns out 'The Way Of The Master' is to be a lying, thieving douchebag.

Classic...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
This has always amused and

This has always amused and saddened me.

Christians are right, human beings are sinful and 'flawed'. And many Christians, in their blind adherence to their 'faith', and their efforts to justify it, become some of the clearest examples of such 'flaws'.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 He'll just ask forgiveness

He'll just ask forgiveness and be clear again. And he'll do it each and every time he needs to benefit from a "sin".

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:This has

BobSpence1 wrote:

Christians are right, human beings are sinful and 'flawed'. And many Christians, in their blind adherence to their 'faith', and their efforts to justify it, become some of the clearest examples of such 'flaws'.

Lets not put ourselves as "atheists" above those who believe. What they call "sin" we call "mistakes". But we are all humans capable of the same range of human emotions and actions, even that of repeating the same mistakes.

We are only better in the sense that we don't attribute nature to magic. But we can wallow in tribalism and ideology just as easily.

Ultimately we are the same species in the end. And if we do what we rightfully condemn believers of in claiming that we are above nature, and not simply part of it, we are just as capable of being a violent and nasty as we accuse religion and state dogmatism of.

I am not perfect. I am flawed. I may know that nature is all there is, but part of that nature is being flawed.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:This has

BobSpence1 wrote:

There is nobody that breaks commandments more than those who hold the commandments dear.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
What do you call somebody

What do you call somebody who steals Mr. Comfort?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
!!!!

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

What do you call somebody who steals Mr. Comfort?

Mega nuts!!!!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure he'll find a way to

I'm sure he'll find a way to spin a response to his benefit, as he claimed sales of his book increased following criticism of his banana argument:

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:I'm sure

zarathustra wrote:

I'm sure he'll find a way to spin a response to his benefit

Naturally.

He obviously doesn't realize that his 'worldview' is the one that would reward Hitler with eternal life despite his sins, so his diatribes about evil and sin among mankind are entirely moot.

Of course Christian apologists will deny it, but Christianity would be a virtually impossible sell if it didn't have the practically foolproof 'get out of jail free' card that immediately makes you 'worthy'.

What he's saying is, is that his 'god' values worship of himself above any level and scale of suffering that you could possibly inflict on others, so eternal life is just 1 'suck up' away. 

That's what these guys are 'selling'.

What a scam...

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:I'm sure

zarathustra wrote:

I'm sure he'll find a way to spin a response to his benefit, as he claimed sales of his book increased following criticism of his banana argument:

They'll just say it is us evil, secular, Atheists, in our secret cabal meetings,  attempting to spread lies and ruin him.

I mean, what else can you expect from religion ? They have spent the past two thousand years, explaining to people that their sacred texts doesn't really mean what it says that it does, but what THEY say it REALLY means.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno