Movie idea to demonstrate the absurdity of the Israeli/Palistinian conflict.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Movie idea to demonstrate the absurdity of the Israeli/Palistinian conflict.

My current beef with Noony gave me an idea. Now keep in mind I never like the image of children being harmed. I think that is a evolutionary trait in most species. They don't like their young being fucked with.

BUT what would it take for both sides to wake up. Both sides love to parade their dead, especially their young dead as evidence to justification to continue this conflict.

NOW this is where my movie idea comes in.

Lets say, a Palestinian Muslim, and Israeli Jew, or even a couple of secular Arabs or Jews IN THE MOVIE, who are sick of the bloodshed,  decide to kidnap children from both sides along with leaders from both sides. Lets say they force the leaders via gunpoint to slit the throats of the children of the other side. How long would it take the leaders to realize how absurd the conflict was before this mass kidnapping and forced murder?

I never want this to happen in reality, but maybe a "what if" motif in a movie might get more people outside the conflict to put pressure on both sides.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Noony, when that school was

Noony, when that school was bombed and doezens of Palestinian children were murdered, I was horrified. I was equally sickened by the excuse that Israel had in saying that the "terrorists" were using the school as a shield.

BUT unless you Noony have the fucking guts to go up to the child of a murdered Isreali and say to that child's face "You're dad/mom" deserved it, you are just as gutless as those whom you accuse.

The reality is that death is death no matter whom is being killed or what side they are on. When an Israeli dies their family is left in that wake. When a Muslim dies, their family too is left in that wake. Until you and your counterparts get this, there will be no resolution to this conflict.

You are the same species, and you need to as well as your counterparts, need accept that in order to solve this problem.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not exactly what you're

It's not exactly what you're talking about, Brian, but Team America: World Police had some pretty absurd scenes of America's side of these wars. More comedy than drama, but still, if you haven't seen it yet....

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I've heard of "Team

I've heard of "Team America". It spoofs the entire motif of hero worship  and cult of personality which are the same.

But what I am talking about would be a drama much along the lines of Shindler's List but with no labels and no taking of sides. I'd like to see something in terms of the destruction of it all that takes the viewer outside the concept of labels.

Which is why children in my motif would be core to that concept. The idea of a child's throat being slit scares the shit out of any normal human being, all labels aside. I think something like that that addresses basic human fear would transcend labels.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have not fucking seen

You have not fucking seen Team America?  What the fuck is wrong with you?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even I've seen it a couple

Even I've seen it a couple times. Sticking out tongue
Not one of my top hundred films, not even top 100 comedies, but it should be seen.
My biggest problem with it is that the satire it uses so closely parallels the reality of many Americans views on reality, and I doubt they see the satire for what it is. There was plenty of situational comedy in the movie to qualify it as a comedy even without satire.
Still, Matt and Trey did a good job as always, and it's not their fault if the message flies over anyones head.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Well, I was actually addressing Brian but since you have seen it, I stand corrected in another thread where you did not seem to get the context of the dick/pussy/asshole comment.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=