Good day all

Zeepheus
atheist
Zeepheus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good day all

Good day all. My name is Nate and I am an Atheist. I am 35 years old and have been an atheist since I was about 16. Before that I tried many forms of religion seeking a “right” fit. I never really believed in a god but I though I was supposed to. My parents never pushed religion on me but they were / are religious.

I am an avid reader and love astronomy, theoretic physics, philosophy, and much much more. I am married and my wife was a neo-pagan who has slowly become atheist. I have 2 kids who I am raising to be free thinkers and make their own educated choices in life and not just follow what others do.

I am not exactly new to this site I was a follower on Myspace several years ago but got rid of it and really didn’t do much online. I just recently found the site again and am glad I did. I look forward to open and frank discussion on many topics.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

You see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!I like your avatar,

Welcome!

I like your avatar, "intolerance of intolerance" is one of my favorite expressions, at a couple of levels.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Hope you enjoy posting. I'm from near Toronto myself . where are you posting from?                     try  this post.   http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29946 (mod edit: fixed link)              

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Zeepheus
atheist
Zeepheus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am near the St.louis area. I grew up in a little farm town with less than 2000 people where the number of churches was equal to the number of bars. Now I am about 10 miles from there in a nice little suburban area. I would really like to move back out to the country but it is what it is right now.

If it worked I just changed my avatar to what I was really looking for to start with.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Zeepheus wrote: Good day

Zeepheus wrote:

Good day all. My name is Nate and I am an Atheist. I am 35 years old and have been an atheist since I was about 16. Before that I tried many forms of religion seeking a “right” fit. I never really believed in a god but I though I was supposed to. My parents never pushed religion on me but they were / are religious.

I am an avid reader and love astronomy, theoretic physics, philosophy, and much much more. I am married and my wife was a neo-pagan who has slowly become atheist. I have 2 kids who I am raising to be free thinkers and make their own educated choices in life and not just follow what others do.

I am not exactly new to this site I was a follower on Myspace several years ago but got rid of it and really didn’t do much online. I just recently found the site again and am glad I did. I look forward to open and frank discussion on many topics.

Love your avatar.

"Have we stopped", "Yes"....."Well, that's it, take five, smoke if you got em".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"We've gone

"We've gone plaid!!!!"

Awesome fucking movie. Welcome!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Awesome avatar! I

Welcome! Awesome avatar! I look forward to interacting with you as a fellow avid reader and learner.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeepheus wrote:I am near the

Zeepheus wrote:

I am near the St.louis area. I grew up in a little farm town with less than 2000 people where the number of churches was equal to the number of bars. Now I am about 10 miles from there in a nice little suburban area. I would really like to move back out to the country but it is what it is right now.

If it worked I just changed my avatar to what I was really looking for to start with.

Hi, from Portland, OR.

Small towns - I lived in Ritzville, WA for a few years.  Around 1600 people.  If you didn't have one of the county roads named after your family, you were one of the "new" people.  Give me a city - not too big, not too small.  Portland is about right.

PS: My avatar is way too close to my real physical self.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
"10-9-8-7-5.....""What

"10-9-8-7-5....."

"What happened to 6?"

"Just kidding"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
welcome to the forum 

welcome to the forum 

Zeepheus
atheist
Zeepheus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks

Thanks all for the welcome. I look forward to further discussions. Also I am glad there are so many other Spaceballs / Mel Brooks fans here.

my favorite line: You have the ring. And I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well handle it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have never before or since

I have never before or since seen a parody that could touch Spaceballs. It should have won an oscar.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Zeepheus wrote:Thanks all

Zeepheus wrote:

Thanks all for the welcome. I look forward to further discussions. Also I am glad there are so many other Spaceballs / Mel Brooks fans here.

my favorite line: You have the ring. And I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well handle it.

Dark Helmet, "Did you find anything"......."No"........"Did you find anything",,,,,,"No".........."Did you find anything"....."MAN WE AINT FOUND SHIT"