Invisibility, nanotechnology, seriously?

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Invisibility, nanotechnology, seriously?

As a science layman I do my best to understand and stay up to date but I have never heard of this.   I had found a few ways people had come up with of attaining invisibility or clokes through video projection or light refraction when I was looking into it years ago, but both worked pretty pourly and only on a small scale.  So is this video real?  The first 2 minutes anyway... It goes on about aliens but I'm really just interested in whether or not the technology in the beggining of the video is real.  It's kinda freaking me out man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2eZh3LyPr4&feature=related

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
It's got to be bullshit,

It's got to be bullshit, nice trick though.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
They already developed

They already developed several invisbility cloaks. The trouble is that they can't find them.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Simple B.S.

For the first two minutes any ways they were useing a green screen, its a simple and effective trick,  check out the videos here;

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29946  

That is me in the videos, but that was not the room I was sitting it, the back wall was solid mint green,  we were told not to wear any  green because we would look like we had holes in our bodies.  The background you see was superimposed later.  If you look at the list of videos on the right side you'll see different backgrounds even though it's in the same green screen room.

News shows use the same method for their weather maps.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:It's

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

It's got to be bullshit, nice trick though.

Solid white objects displaying a computer-rendered background? Naw, you don't say.

Actually, a convincing level of invisibility is only a question of 'bending' light according to the object's dimensions, the angle of the unwanted observer, and the background behind it, such that the viewer is completely oblivious to anything out of the ordinary. Move a few inches to the left or right, however, and the illusion in question becomes abundantly obvious.

There is also the possibility of 'artificial chameleon', where an object is wrapped in a flexible device that displays and alters naturally occurring colors intelligently and dynamically in response to the perspective of a detected observer. In this hypothetical, it is not unlike a monitor or tv screen that can essentially be wrapped around an individual or structure someone would want concealed. It has a potential problem of glowing in the dark, which can be solved by using electrically powered and controllable pigments at the microscopic scale.

Either solution is decades, if not centuries beyond our current means, however.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Such a simple trick.So I

Such a simple trick.

So I came accross this today, interesting, former Canadian minister of defence blatantly states we have made contact with intelligent life, and America specifically has some of their tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhElE3JILAE&feature=related

This guy is as competant and straight forward as I could expect from a reference.  His bio:

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Paul_Hellyer

Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, I take it all with a grain of salt, but usually their is a stench of bullshit eminating from people claiming this and that about aliens, I get no such vibe from this guy.  So what do you guys think?  Ofcourse his testimony is not evidence of anything, but what do you think?