NFL Preseason and bars.........can someone explain this?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
NFL Preseason and bars.........can someone explain this?

When I first moved down here, there were plenty of sports bars that had the NFL preseason package. But last night I went to that bar and they said they no longer had it. Now I noticed  that they did, like the other bar we ended up at, had the NFL network channel, but it just rotated games and played highlights.

I also noticed that Buffalo Wild Wings, which is basically a corporate sports bar, is the sponsor on that channel. Do they now have a monopoly to play those games at the expense of all other bars?

I just find it confusing to go from being able to find any bar to watch an out of market  game, to this year not being able to find any.

What the fuck? Or am I just imagining things and the bars I went to simply skipped the pre season package to save money?

FYI BOB,

THE SKINS WIN.....THE SKINS WIN!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I was at an Applebees last

I was at an Applebees last night and they had it. So maybe your local bars are trying to save money. Preseason football isn't that big of a draw and bar traffic has been pretty slow. Or maybe the satellite provider in your area changed their package up. Ask management about it, because maybe they are trying to save money thinking that no one cares about preseason but if people start asking about it, they might change their minds.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

I have to agree with Beyond on this one. Talk to the manager. Don't expect an answer that satisfies though because it could be something that is not in the direction that you would expect.

Personally, one of my draws is bar trivia. It is always nice when you can pay much of your tab with the gift certificate from last week. Sadly, one of my regular places killed the deal. They started randomly calling the guy an hour before he was to show up to tell him that they weren't doing trivia that night. That really killed the community of people who show up just for that one thing. After a couple of months, people realized that that was not the default bar for Monday night. I don't get that at all. Every night of the week, there is one place that gets an extra thirty or so customers and this place killed the draw that doubles the number of customers fore that night, for no good reason.

So my brother and I moved across the street, oddly enough to Buffalo Wild Wings. Next time you are there, look at the screen with the yellow background that does trivia games. In between the rounds, they show high scores across the whole chain. I am there as AIGS and my brother is Booger.

Edit:  Tell me what nights they play pre season games and I can check to see if it is the whole chain or just your local one.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It just pisses me off. I

It just pisses me off. I agree with you guys looking back at it now. But damn, why did the bartender tell me the game was going to be on and then wasn't on. All we had was that NFL channel that was rotating games, minutes here and minutes there for other games.

I am going to do some calling before I do this again. I wasted all that time just to turn around at half time, and come home and listen to it on the computer.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog