wtf....

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
wtf....

I have never before seen an article I doubted as much as this one. Someone has a great imagination I think.

UFO rumours swirl after sea crew discovers strange object at bottom of the Baltic Sea Is it a spaceship? A new Stonehenge? Plenty of people are wondering what a team of Swedish deep sea explorers discovered in the Baltic Sea Vancouver SunAugust 1, 2011

http://www.vancouversun.com/Video+rumours+swirl+after+crew+discovers+strange+object+bottom+Baltic/5189995/story.html

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
So round things can't be

So round things can't be natural or something?

Better alert...well, I don't know who but I am sure that it is your turn to make the phone call.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
what do you do with a drunken sailor

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Better alert...well, I don't know who but I am sure that it is your turn to make the phone call.

Now in Hebrew is that a circle or is it round? 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pffttt... Lay odds it is

Pffttt... Lay odds it is nothing more than an undersea mesa or butte like this one.  Enchanted Mesa in Acoma Pueblo, New Mexico. 

http://www.scienceclarified.com/landforms/Faults-to-Mountains/Mesa-and-Butte.html

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Dude, I had that album on

Dude, I had that album on vinyl in the 70's.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Answers in

ex-minister wrote:

Now in Hebrew is that a circle or is it round? 

וַיַּעַשׂ אֶת־הַיָּם מוּצָק עֶשֶׂר בָּאַמָּה מִשְּׂפָתֹו עַד־שְׂפָתֹו עָגֹל סָבִיב וְחָמֵשׁ בָּֽאַמָּה קֹומָתֹו>וקוה שְׁלֹשִׁים בָּֽאַמָּה יָסֹב אֹתֹו סָבִֽיב׃

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

joe_2007
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Oh come on. It's clearly

Oh come on. It's clearly the Millennium Falcon!!  Smiling

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mmmmm

It's sort've round. Surely now some one will take a decko. How deep is it under water? Hard to imagine anything that small having a rough sideways landing 1000 metres underwater. Or any flying thing being 60m in diameter and not falling to bits on impact with the water. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The first article I read

The first article I read jumped to so many conclusions I had to double check to make sure it wasn't the Onion. There were suggestions that the sea floor around the shape had been churned around in a way that suggested the shape tried to escape and shit.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The first

Vastet wrote:
The first article I read jumped to so many conclusions I had to double check to make sure it wasn't the Onion. There were suggestions that the sea floor around the shape had been churned around in a way that suggested the shape tried to escape and shit.

O.O

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

I was looking for a good video version like that. When I was dating my first wife she lived near Ocean City, NJ and we would go into one store on the boardwalk and they played this song like crazy. That would have been late middle 1970s. The song really cracked me up and have always loved it.

I didn't understand all the the lyrics and this video shows them. One line I cannot visualize the torture they are planning.

Do you know what this means?

Stick in a barrel with a hosepipe on him.

Religion Kills !!!

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Answers in

ex-minister wrote:

I was looking for a good video version like that. When I was dating my first wife she lived near Ocean City, NJ and we would go into one store on the boardwalk and they played this song like crazy. That would have been late middle 1970s. The song really cracked me up and have always loved it.

I didn't understand all the the lyrics and this video shows them. One line I cannot visualize the torture they are planning.

Do you know what this means?

Stick in a barrel with a hosepipe on him.

A hosepipe is a garden hose.  So you are going to put him in the barrel and half drown him.  Maybe it would sober him up some. 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Well, I have no idea what

Well, I have no idea what that line meant. I suppose that it might refer to forced hydration though. Now, the same band has a very clear explanation why there are no unicorns. But the song was written by the noted christ killer Shel Silverstein.

But we can do better. More Shel Silvertein silliness:

Didn't Glen Capbell perform with Pat Boone?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
AIG, I have fond memories

AIG,

I have fond memories of that Unicorn song. Isn't wonderful how Noah's Flood explains everything science is coming up with these days. That is why you don't see a rabbit in the pre-Cambrian period, because a rabbit can out run single cell organisms. 

cj,

You nailed it. I can visualize that.

Religion Kills !!!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

ScientiaPotenti...
User is offlineOffline
Well according to swedish

Well according to swedish news who interviewed a guy at the marine department( don't know the exact word, the goverments arm that take care of the waters around sweden) it's probably just a very unusual bottom of the sea formation.

On the subject of reliable witnesses.... the group that found the supposed formation business idea is: to find old ship and loot booze from them and then sell it on auctions.... I guess people can have just any kind of work nowadays. Maybe they felt obliged to make a quality check of a recent found stash?

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Really? They think this is

Really? They think this is really seriously a thing and yet they didn't send divers down to investigate? My bullshit detector is going crazy.