NFL lockout ends.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
NFL lockout ends.

Sorry Bob Spence, you WILL be listening to me yell at my tv this fall as the Skins spend another year sucking huge donkey balls.

For those who don't know, Bob, being a loyal friend often gets on Skype while I have my TV on while watching the games. Of course he isn't into American football, but he loves listening to me come unglued when my Skins fuck up.

So, for the NFL fans out there, what are your predictions for this year?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I just thought, why do they

I just thought, why do they call them "free agents" when you have to pay them? Shouldn't they call them expensive agents?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why do we park in the

Why do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Why do men have nipples?

Why do men have nipples? What? Too esoteric?

In all seriousness about how the reffs make calls in the NFL. There is one fucking redundant phrase that makes no sense to me.

"False start prior to the snap"

DUH! You cant have a false start after the snap. That would be like in Olympic track calling a false start after the cap gun shoots.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:So, for the

Brian37 wrote:

Well, I was initially going to place my long shot bet on Tampa, but with everything up in the air as it has been, I think the team will be more heavily impacted so the 30 to 1 odds don't look so good anymore. I might have to become a Vikings fan this year, at 35 to 1 odds with a team and a new coach with a lot to prove and more than a little talent. Their weak link will be the QB slot, but the run game is solid, defense is great and as long as they get a QB that can throw the ball to the right colored jersey, Harvin and Rice have the talent to make up for a weaker QB. 

For the team I actually think will win? Probably the Colts. Of course, the Pats, Falcons, and GB will be in contention. I think the Jets and Baltimore will remain strong. The Steelers, Bears and Saints will slip a little. There is only about a 20% chance the Chargers will get their shit together but if they do they should win their division easy. And the entire NFC West should be given one way tickets to Europe. 

So that all leaves me with Pats, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, Giants, Packers (I hope Vikings), and Falcons winning their divisions.

Well, there we go, it my predictions are part of the permanent human record. Now let me grab my shotgun and go shoot some crows so I my meals are prepared for football season. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Why do men

Brian37 wrote:

Why do men have nipples? What? Too esoteric?

In all seriousness about how the reffs make calls in the NFL. There is one fucking redundant phrase that makes no sense to me.

"False start prior to the snap"

DUH! You cant have a false start after the snap. That would be like in Olympic track calling a false start after the cap gun shoots.

The false start calls that always drive me crazy are the ones called on the center. When the center moves the ball I call it "the start of play".

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Well, I was initially going to place my long shot bet on Tampa, but with everything up in the air as it has been, I think the team will be more heavily impacted so the 30 to 1 odds don't look so good anymore. I might have to become a Vikings fan this year, at 35 to 1 odds with a team and a new coach with a lot to prove and more than a little talent. Their weak link will be the QB slot, but the run game is solid, defense is great and as long as they get a QB that can throw the ball to the right colored jersey, Harvin and Rice have the talent to make up for a weaker QB. 

For the team I actually think will win? Probably the Colts. Of course, the Pats, Falcons, and GB will be in contention. I think the Jets and Baltimore will remain strong. The Steelers, Bears and Saints will slip a little. There is only about a 20% chance the Chargers will get their shit together but if they do they should win their division easy. And the entire NFC West should be given one way tickets to Europe. 

So that all leaves me with Pats, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, Giants, Packers (I hope Vikings), and Falcons winning their divisions.

Well, there we go, it my predictions are part of the permanent human record. Now let me grab my shotgun and go shoot some crows so I my meals are prepared for football season. 

I would say the Skins would have a shot if they could only sell their owner. Since that isn't going to happen I have another brown paper bag season ahead of me.  My only hope is the rest of the NFC east sucking just as bad, but that too is about as much a reality as virgin births.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Rex Grossman? Sometimes I

Rex Grossman?

Sometimes I wish there were a god to pray too. And of course with this mediocre QB we will have a stellar offensive like to insure he spends the maximum time staring at the sky flat on his back.

Why oh why did the lockout have to end?