Atheists, call Matt Slick!

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Atheists, call Matt Slick!

I've decided that I'm going to post this every couple of months.

Matt Slick has a radio show that's on weekdays from 5 to 6 PM mountain time.

If you think you have good arguments against his position or you think that you can prove his position to be unjustified, then you should be able to refute him on the air.  He has lost debates on his own show before, so you have no excuse.

And let's assume that he does cut you off, hang up on you, and so forth; wouldn't that just make him look bad?  And let's say that Christians will act like sheep and not acknowledge your victory; what do you care?

If any atheists here have a spine, then please call in.  You can discuss his TAG argument, cosmological argument, or arguments from the Bible.  Here's the website:

http://carm.org/radio

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:P.S.

Atheistextremist wrote:

P.S. I know you're a big girl now, but I can't help pointing out Mr Met targeted you for totally undeserved abuse, cj.

Personally, I think you've always handled his gormless ranting with nothing but class. 

There are plenty of people around here who respect you and always read your posts. Me included.

Thanks, I rather enjoy the Aussie members' posts, too.  I felt sorry for the guy in some ways.  He just couldn't handle being pinned against the wall.  And he was such an easy target.  

I appreciated Bob speaking up too, which I forgot to mention earlier.  Sometimes, defending yourself just makes you look defensive and it is better to just drop the conversation.  And it was apparent that Mr. M. was going to repeat the pattern of getting shot down and then trashing everyone around after wards.  We all have off days, but Mr. M's off days seemed to be every day.  Thanks to whoever took the time to clean up the photos and ban the crazy fucker. 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:P.S.

Atheistextremist wrote:

P.S. I know you're a big girl now, but I can't help pointing out Mr Met targeted you for totally undeserved abuse, cj.

Personally, I think you've always handled his gormless ranting with nothing but class. 

There are plenty of people around here who respect you and always read your posts. Me included.

Count me in there cj - you handle these dumbasses as well or better than anyone else here.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ditto.I like not only what

Ditto.

I like not only what you bring into discussions, cj, but your honest desire for dissecting and analysis. Your drive to keep learning is an inspiration.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aw, shucks, guys, you are

Aw, shucks, guys, you are making me blush. 

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: P.S.

Atheistextremist wrote:

Ahhh... he's just grumpy from getting sodomized without enough lube.

"The villain does get fucked with no vaseline"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: Atheistextremist

cj wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Thanks, I rather enjoy the Aussie members' posts, too.  I felt sorry for the guy in some ways.  He just couldn't handle being pinned against the wall.  And he was such an easy target.  

I appreciated Bob speaking up too, which I forgot to mention earlier.  Sometimes, defending yourself just makes you look defensive and it is better to just drop the conversation.  And it was apparent that Mr. M. was going to repeat the pattern of getting shot down and then trashing everyone around after wards.  We all have off days, but Mr. M's off days seemed to be every day.  Thanks to whoever took the time to clean up the photos and ban the crazy fucker. 

cj, I laughed hysterically the way you handled Mr_M in another thread. Personally, I think you're great, and respect your POV a lot. Sorry for not speaking up earlier.

BTW: The circumstances of Mr_M 's current ban are going to be posted up soon in the VIP Members forum. If any regular member reading this would like to be updated on it, but you don't already have access to the VIP forum (check to see if you see VIP on the forums list) , reply here with a request to get access and we'll ask Sapient to give you access. Only fairly regular members, but if you're unsure it can't hurt to ask.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
wow, I missed quite a bit, I

wow, I missed quite a bit, I see Mr M got banned.  I'm not sure of the circumstances but I personally found him to be somewhat entertaining, though abusive, it was mostly pointing out his own insecurities. 

cj, I have already stated that I consider you a classy lady for the way you handle abusive comments, but it bares repeating.  Same with Luminon, I have never though I would consistently read posts from a woo proponent, but I read yours.   

On topic, Mr M's point was that if you are 'quick on the draw' in a debate, you are somehow correct?  A debate should not be about who can 'out-talk' the other side, but rather about analyzing a topic in opposing poising of view.  It's not about who's better prepared, or a better showman.  I doubt that Matt Slick can out-talk some people in here, but even if he was able to do that, it is completely irrelevant.  That does not make him right.  The premise is missing the point.  He is basically saying, Matt Slick is a better showman, therefore God.  WTF?

The whole thing is really silly.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Mr_Metaphysics wrote:  The

Mr_Metaphysics wrote:

The reason that I love live debate is that it doesn't permit atheists to Google search their answers or work behind the scenes with one another.  And there's also no chance of 10 different atheists jumping in the debate in an effort to gang up on the theist.

Just a classic one on one, where the two interlocutors must come prepared and know ahead of time what they're talking about.  

Call in!

How is this an inferior tactic? Are you than saying that researching a topic and having it peer reviewed is somehow wrong? How is this logical in any way shape or form?  You have the argument of a bad bar brawler. 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc