Bob Dylan's Birthday !

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Bob Dylan's Birthday !

Wow, time does fly by fast, I was watching ' Democracy Now ! ' and they spent the the entire show on Bob Dylan turning 70 , they played old interviews, and concerts, check it out www.democracynow.org/  .

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why do people like him so

Why do people like him so much? I cant stand his voice. He sounds like a strangled cat when he sings.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ditto

Brian37 wrote:

Why do people like him so much? I cant stand his voice. He sounds like a strangled cat when he sings.

I could never figure out what the big deal with Dylan was,  as a song writer he is adaquit, as a singer he is worse then Mick Jagger

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Why do peoplelike him so much ?

Well, in my humble opinion,people like him so much,because he was a voice of the 60's Generation, he sang with Joan Biaz at the march on Washington, and then Martin Luther King gave his speech, so he was for 'Civil Rights' ,and against the 'Vietnam War' ( Masters of War) , and he was a GREAT song writer !!! The answer is 'Blowin in the Wind'

Signature ? How ?

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dylan rules

Love Bob Dylan, only got to see him once in concert. He has written incredible songs. They helped me get thru my trouble youth. Shelter from the Storm was one of those songs. Masters of War is a timeless piece of work. 

Other bands from ALL decades loved him as well. Many covers of his songs have been done. How could anyone thing he is not an unbelievable song writer? Jimi Hendrix to the White Stripes.

Check out a short list of bands that covered his songs

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2009/04/50-best-bob-dylan-covers-of-all-time.html

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/