Glenn Beck defends creationism on air

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glenn Beck defends creationism on air

Just caught a glimpse of it today. Glenn Beck was speaking to a room full of guests and "college conservatives" - basically it was just a pity party for a bunch of wealthy, elitist, preppy kids who sat around whining about how "persecuted" they are for (gasp) having to learn about evolution, not being told that homosexuality is an abomination because the Bible says so, not being able to use WorldNetDaily as a source in a research paper - you get the idea. It could have passed as a comedy routine.

Some college-age Valley girl started whining that her professor told her that young earth creationism is a ridiculous theory (which it is, for obvious reasons) and was "afraid" of making a poor grade for expressing support of creationism in her papers. In other words, she was too busy in between banging the campus jocks, watching American Idol, and praying to Jesus, to actually read her study materials and learn basic facts about evolution that she would have learned in junior high if she hadn't spent her weekends drinking and getting laid at her church retreats. As a result of having no knowledge of the subject, she decides to just bitch about "religious persecution" and whine about how big a bully her professor is just for telling her the truth - isn't that what her parents are sending her to college for anyway - to learn facts? And if they're not, and they want her to live in a closed-off religious cult environment where she won't be confronted by the truth, then they're free to send her to Liberty University. I doubt if I went to Liberty University and started stating that evolution is true, that I would last long there before getting expelled - yes expelled. Maybe I should do that, then go on some liberal talk show and whine about how discriminated atheist college kids are by these "bully professors" at religious universities. I still think it's funny that Christians whine about "persecution" in non-religious, when enough censorship and bullying goes on at religious schools across the US to give Stalin a boner. Christians only have a problem with persecution and censorship when they aren't the ones doing it.

But anyway, Glenn Beck took her side, but he used the argument saying basically that "the Big Bang may be true but it had to have had a cause, therefore creationism is a valid view".  So Glenn basically attempted to both agree with the Valley girl, and obfuscate the meaning of creationism at the same time. He tried to pretend that creationism and ID is just "a belief in God", and that the whole creationism vs. evolution "controversy" is just a battle between atheists and Christians. No Glen, creationism has nothing to do with a belief in God, anymore than the "theory" that lighting storms are caused by Zeus does. Most Christians in the US believe in evolution, and most scientists believe in a god despite evolution being universally accepted as scientific fact. Evolution and the Big Bang theory just explain how the universe developed from the earliest tracible condition. They don't explain "why it's here" and they aren't supposed to. You are a lying moron.

All I can say is thank God this loser is going off the air, he's not no integrity at all. He accuses professors of "bullying" and being part of some "Marxist conspiracy", but he 's actually the one doing it. The professors are treating everyone the same (students get good grades if they give good answers, they get bad grades if they get bad answers). Glenn on the other hand is trying to bully professors into giving his fanbois special treatment - he thinks that these people's false views should be treated as valid just because he agrees with them, while people with equally stupid views (ex. Geocentrists) should not receive special treatment, just because he doesn't agree with them.

Glenn demands that people who are too lazy to actually study in college or acknowledge that the truth conflicts with their false worldview receive special treatment just because of their moronic quasi-religious views (now if a Hindu demanded that the mythologies of the Hindu gods be taught alongside evolution, or a Scientologist demanded that the story of Xenu be taught as an "alternative", I don't think Glenn would be very supportive). He's basically demanding Affirmative Action for stupid people - and only for the stupid people who hold his own stupid views. He's a piece of shit.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Wow, quite a rant I once

Wow, quite a rant Smiling

I once went to this obligatory thing from school where Christian Student Associations (or however they're called over there) would present why we should join them. Anyway, a friend and I went to talk with one girl and she ranted for like 5 minutes straight about how she didn't accept evolution and that she loved how a professor said that evolution wasn't the only theory (a psychology professor, by the way). Funny thing is, out of the whole room, only the two of us support evolution Laughing out loud Before we could get an argument started over how many pieces of evidence there are for evolution, the session ended and we had to go home Smiling

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

Well, Glenn Beck is going to hell as a cultic mormon. He's friends with Ezra Taft Benson's grandchildren. But he's right on creationism. I think Ann Coulter denies evolutioin as well.

Evolution is a blind faith. It has no merit in science or even empiricism. It is an assumption of blind faith based on uniformitarianism and ungodly presuppositions.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a link to some of the

Here's a link to some of the video footage:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201105130038

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201105130035

Apparently Glenn has also recently endorsed Liberty University (aka Jerry Falwell U) - probably for a big paycheck. So he thinks that an indoctrination camp that espouses Young Earth creationism, fines students for "witchcraft" (aka reading Harry Potter), was founded by a guy who said the US deserved 9/11, and is ranked one of the worst in the US - is a better learning environment than a real school where free thought and learning are actually encouraged instead of supressed. This guy is a JOKE! Maybe now that this guy knows he's out of a job, he's decided to just come out of the closet and go full-out wackjob.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Well, Glenn Beck is going to hell as a cultic mormon.

.....and you're lovin' it aren't you !

Jean Chauvin wrote:
  He's friends with Ezra Taft Benson's grandchildren. But he's right on creationism. I think Ann Coulter denies evolutioin as well.

So ?

Jean Chauvin wrote:
  Evolution is a blind faith. It has no merit in science or even empiricism. It is an assumption of blind faith based on uniformitarianism and ungodly presuppositions.

....ah, yes, the evil atheist conspiracy is even now spreading its nefarious influence.  It's just a matter of time, now......we can't be stopped....ever !

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Passive /  Aggressively,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Well, Glenn Beck is going to hell as a cultic mormon. He's friends with Ezra Taft Benson's grandchildren. But he's right on creationism. I think Ann Coulter denies evolutioin as well.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Evolution is based on "faith" like gravity is based on "faith".

The fact that dipshits like you exist is evidence that your utopia god is bullshit and evolution doesn't care about perfection. Your parents fucked and unfortunately for humanity you exist.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Jean Chauvin

Brian37 wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Evolution is based on "faith" like gravity is based on "faith".

The fact that dipshits like you exist is evidence that your utopia god is bullshit and evolution doesn't care about perfection. Your parents fucked and unfortunately for humanity you exist.

"The law of gravity is nonsense. If you think I float, and I think I float, then I float." -O'brien

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)