Greetings fellow rational thinkers!

Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings fellow rational thinkers!

Alaskan Atheist here. As my name suggests, I've lived in Alaska all my life save one year (born in Montana). I'm 16 years old and I'm a full-fledged, staunch Richard Dawkins-esque atheist.

I believe there is no greater threat to the human species than religion.

I want to be an astronomer when I go to college and take after both Carl Sagan (my biggest inspiration) and Richard Dawkins (his fight against religion and for atheism is commendable).

I have a story to share about my only girlfriend, who happened to be Christian, but only if you guys would like to hear it.

I look forward to discussing atheism and the fallacy that is religion with you guys!

Best regards,

Eric, Alaska, Pale Blue Dot, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Aboard

Welcome aboard Alaskan Atheist.

I see you have already run into some of our resident Theists. Hehe.

Have fun.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi IW,All

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi IW,

All communists will burn in hell. A side note.

So if I lived in a communist country, you would eradicate Christianity would you not? If I continued to pray and attend church, you would kill me, unless it was Roman Catholic.

All communists need to have their ass kicked. In Jesus name.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I'm not a communist dipshit, and there is no such thing as hell dipshit.

Communism is "rule by one" party. Your god is the same "rule by one" with no hope of change. You are the one who worships the idea of a dictator, not me.

I do not bow to threats, especially hollow vacuous threats of fictional places. You might as well be threatening me with Osirus or Thor.

Thomas Jefferson must have been a commie too, "Question with boldness even the existence of a God"

And here is what that bastard commie Jefferson said about your precious Jesus character's magic birth,

Quote:
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter"...Letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

Fuck your fictional dictator and fuck you.

How does it feel to be property Fido?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

Have you been watching Celebrity Apprentice. Meatloaf was fired last night because he was extremely emotional. You are actually way more emotional then meatloaf on the opposite end of anger.

We all know this is because your dad's death, and that fact that your parents abused you in your childhood. You grew up really without a childhood. Thus you have intense anger inside you.

There's has not been one time that you responded to my posts without anger. Are you typically a violent person? Quiet? One day you are going to snap if you don't deal with this.

God is not a communist. God is not a state, but a Being. God does not allow equality for all, since some are born blind, while others are born with sight. So this is absurd.

Also, God is one with 3 persons or centers of conscienceness.

I am starting to be concerned about your anger. You need Jesus more then most people on this site. I will pray for you that God will open your mind to understand logic and truth so as to know God.

Only God can heal you from your childhood abuse and the anger you have inside.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Praying for Brian

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

Have you been watching Celebrity Apprentice. Meatloaf was fired last night because he was extremely emotional. You are actually way more emotional then meatloaf on the opposite end of anger.

We all know this is because your dad's death, and that fact that your parents abused you in your childhood. You grew up really without a childhood. Thus you have intense anger inside you.

There's has not been one time that you responded to my posts without anger. Are you typically a violent person? Quiet? One day you are going to snap if you don't deal with this.

God is not a communist. God is not a state, but a Being. God does not allow equality for all, since some are born blind, while others are born with sight. So this is absurd.

I am starting to be concerned about your anger. You need Jesus more then most people on this site. I will pray for you that God will open your mind to understand logic and truth so as to know God.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Praying for Brian

So what?

Fuck you.  I could give a shit less about you pretending to talk to a fictional being on my behalf. You are a retard and a mental midget. You have the morals of a baboon, but that would be insulting baboons.

You think you are putting me on display for other believers "look at how mean he is to believers"

NO, just to you and I am the one putting you on display like the knuckle dragging moron you are.

To the other believers reading this. HE thinks it is ok to say "Japan got what it deserved and you're next"

He wants other believers reading this to think that I hate all believers. He wants you to falsely believe that I am out to get you, but uses his god to make threats to me.

Keep it up asshole. You are the fuckhead who believes in a god willing to put a gun to hold Japan hostage to get us to bow to your god.

Or are you going to be the intellectual coward you are and deny you believe in such a god?

You worship "obey me or else" which is the same tyranny as the state of Stalin and the theocracy of Iran. I know most believers, no matter how silly I might find god belief, don't view their god/s as the dictator you worship. I think they are smarter than that to fall for your pathetic fear tactics in scaring them into fearing me.

You are a pathetic human being.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Praying for Brian

I do not need Jesus anymore than lightening needs Thor or the sun needs Osirus. Take your delusion and magic baby and peddle it elsewhere. You are nothing but a fear monger and bigot and if I did want to believe, which I don't, there is no fucking way I would view a god the way you do.

I guarantee you'd go postal way before I would. Atheists don't kill over fictional beings. But I bet if I pissed you off enough you'd kill for God.

You are joke and nothing humanity needs more of. Take your pathetic judgment and hate and shove it up your ass.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

First off, believers today are generally dumb. It is rare to find a Christian of intelligence such as myself. Second, I am not putting you on display. Most on here are atheists, no?

I am really concerned for you and I really will pray for you. I'm sorry about your abuse. My dad was an alcoholic, and I went through similar things as you, but God opened my mind to logic and thus Him.

But He's left you for dead (as of now).

I do hope that you come to KNOW the salvation (rescue - sozo) of Jesus Christ. Your absurdity is very bold.

Yes, I do believe that God controls everything. Thus logically if there was an earthquake in Japan, God had control in the earthquake as the Creator of all. The means of that earthquake may have been satan, or simply the entropy of the world. Whatever it was, God was in control and Japan had it coming to them. 

Since God is perfect and just, then all that He controls is via justice (and sometimes mercy). Thus. XYZ. 

There, happy Brian. I am the most consistent Christian you know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are so fucked in the

You are so fucked in the head Jean.

Bill Gates is an atheist, Richard Dawkins is an atheist, they didn't suffer the same things I did, and they are both rich and famous. Angelina Jolie is an atheist and Katherine Hepburn was an atheist, and I am sure they didn't have the problems I did growing up. Care to explain their heathen success under your cosmic good luck charm that seems to be a deadbeat and allows us atheists to succeed sometimes? I thought your fictional being didn't want us to succeed?

Human suffering, including my own childhood, and whatever problems an individual has, is a result of nature, not comic book super heros, not yours, not any.

If god belief in ANY GOD was really the good luck charm you stupidly want to claim, then why are so many Christians world wide poor while Bill Gates and Richard Dawkins are rich?

Allah's Satan, or the Hebrew Satan or your silly dead man on a stick Satan, are fictional villains having nothing to do with real life anymore than Posiden has anything to do with controlling the ocean.

Your god is so good to his fans America's prisons are full of his fans. He is so good at ridding the world of his enemies that he carpet bombs his play toys and even takes out his own fans. You'd think that an all powerful being would have better aim. I find it funny to see a tornado knock down a church or a flood flood a church and listen to you and your silly superstition.

Listing to your inane bellowing about what a tough guy your fictional friend is as impressive as when Muslims do it. You might as well be threatening me with Casper the Friendly Ghost.

You are making yourself look like a fool.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

First off, believers today are generally dumb. It is rare to find a Christian of intelligence such as myself. Second, I am not putting you on display. Most on here are atheists, no?

I am really concerned for you and I really will pray for you. I'm sorry about your abuse. My dad was an alcoholic, and I went through similar things as you, but God opened my mind to logic and thus Him.

But He's left you for dead (as of now).

I do hope that you come to KNOW the salvation (rescue - sozo) of Jesus Christ. Your absurdity is very bold.

Yes, I do believe that God controls everything. Thus logically if there was an earthquake in Japan, God had control in the earthquake as the Creator of all. The means of that earthquake may have been satan, or simply the entropy of the world. Whatever it was, God was in control and Japan had it coming to them. 

Since God is perfect and just, then all that He controls is via justice (and sometimes mercy). Thus. XYZ. 

There, happy Brian. I am the most consistent Christian you know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Bin Laden was a consistent Muslim, so? Being a consistent prick who values dictatorships run by a tyrant is not impressive.

You deserve as much respect as a maggot.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

I didn't know that Gates was an atheist. It makes since, since he is for the NWO. Christians are poor and things are bad because of sin.

When Christians say you will have a life of roses upon accepting Christ, they do not know what they are talking about. While we are in the world, we are not of the world.

Yes, there are generally two reasons for atheism, maybe three. They are all via emotional reactions. The first is due to pain and suffering. The second most common reason is because they love sin. They want to sin without feeling guilty or accountable, so they try to justify that God is not, as a means to justify their sin.

You fall into the abuse category.

It's like the homosexuals all being Marxist (the consistent ones). They are 99% homosexual because of abuse (e.g. Ellen Degenerate).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:First off, believers

Quote:
First off, believers today are generally dumb

You think that lowly of our species. I don't. I think most believers are not dumb, just delusional. I think Caposkia is far smarter than you, and most certainly would not, like you stoop to threatening me with his god, even if I find his belief silly.

You want to behave like an asshole, I am going to treat you like one. You want to convey your god as a dictator, I am going to respect you not in the least. Caposkia's claims don't deserve respect because he hasn't proven them. But I respect him as a human being and I know damned well he doesn't view his god as the childish tantrum throwing dictator god you worship. He at least doesn't resort to hiding behind his god like a gang minion, like you do.

I know plenty of smart theists, and even my mom who believes has much more sense than you do. The only dumb dipshit I see is you.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

I didn't know that Gates was an atheist. It makes since, since he is for the NWO. Christians are poor and things are bad because of sin.

When Christians say you will have a life of roses upon accepting Christ, they do not know what they are talking about. While we are in the world, we are not of the world.

Yes, there are generally two reasons for atheism, maybe three. They are all via emotional reactions. The first is due to pain and suffering. The second most common reason is because they love sin. They want to sin without feeling guilty or accountable, so they try to justify that God is not, as a means to justify their sin.

You fall into the abuse category.

It's like the homosexuals all being Marxist (the consistent ones). They are 99% homosexual because of abuse (e.g. Ellen Degenerate).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Cool, follow up bigotry with more bigotry. Hey guys, the downfall of humanity is because of homosexuality.

You're digging yourself a deeper hole asshole. Fortunately most of the western world is leaving your homophobia behind.

You think you are so cute poking me with a stick when the reality is that you are the one making yourself look like a bigoted jackass. I don't mind helping you out looking like a jackass, not that you need the help, you do a bang up job all by yourself.

Homosexuality is the cause of humanity's problems? No, bigotry is and you are nothing but a pathetic bigot. Keep it up. I don't need to push you off the cliff, you jumped a long time ago. I'm just having fun watching you fall.

Abuse has NOTHING to do with a person's sexuality dip shit. My dad did not molest me. He merely falsely thought that trying to make me tough and "don't cry" and "obey me" would work, much like YOU think threaten me with your god will work. But he never touched my private parts.

Priests molest children. Men molest girls and men rape women. NONE of those things has to do with a person's sexualty. Rape and molestation are a result of the insecurity of the abuser because the abuser lacks control in their own lives. Married men can and do rape. Married men can molest girls. But when they do that has nothing to do with the sex. But I am sure you have a PHD in human psychology.

Homosexuality has NOTHING to do with abuse asshole.

My normal problems and insecurities growing up had to do with the way my parents were raised and the way I tried too hard to be what they wanted. They didn't see that the could not mold me and I couldn't see myself as being ok being different. It was a combo of their false "life is a script" and my own insecurities. NONE of my problems were the cause of fictional villains, anymore than tornados are caused by pink unicorns.

Homosexuality is not the result of abuse and you just managed to insult and entire group of lagit people. Good going bigot.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

To call God a dictator is just another example of your emotional reactions. You are so angry, you cannot think straight. You are like a car with no wheels, your engine is on, but you can't go anywhere.

Try to calm down, and come up with an argument. That other theists has failed to prove God, I have proven God via the correct proof of demonstration.

Thus you my friend, are frustrated, since your refutations are like a cockroach against a tank. You are intellectually impotent.

But I will still pray for you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

Are you a homosexual? I absolutely had no idea. A serious question, are you?

Anyway, yes, homosexuality is typically the cause of abuse. It is a mental disorder. The Dianostical Statistiical Manuel of 1987, 3rd correct, says that homosexuality is a mental disorder and discusses the issue of abuse.

Because psychology is a joke of a profession is has zero worth, psychology changes with the tides of the culture as said in any Merck Manuel, so the homo's changed it.

But the original DSM was right. HOMOs are due to abuse. Now, to say I'm afraid of homo's is absurd. Faggots are generally very weak and have no strength. So why would I be afraid of a weakening? Odd thing to say.

Are you afraid of a feather? It's very weak?

Oh, and Aids was because of the fags. I know the Public School System has been hamminer this out since the 80's trying via propoganda to brainwash people that iwasn't. It was via the African JuJu where the occultists would sleep around while drinking blood. The homos in America simply continued the spreading. So technically it came from the JuJu, but the homo's spread it like wild fire.

Nevertheless, for the Public Institutions of what is called education to not blame the fags all together, is a misnomer.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

Are you a homosexual? I absolutely had no idea. A serious question, are you?

Anyway, yes, homosexuality is typically the cause of abuse. It is a mental disorder. The Dianostical Statistiical Manuel of 1987, 3rd correct, says that homosexuality is a mental disorder and discusses the issue of abuse.

Because psychology is a joke of a profession is has zero worth, psychology changes with the tides of the culture as said in any Merck Manuel, so the homo's changed it.

But the original DSM was right. HOMOs are due to abuse. Now, to say I'm afraid of homo's is absurd. Faggots are generally very weak and have no strength. So why would I be afraid of a weakening? Odd thing to say.

Are you afraid of a feather? It's very weak?

Oh, and Aids was because of the fags. I know the Public School System has been hamminer this out since the 80's trying via propoganda to brainwash people that iwasn't. It was via the African JuJu where the occultists would sleep around while drinking blood. The homos in America simply continued the spreading. So technically it came from the JuJu, but the homo's spread it like wild fire.

Nevertheless, for the Public Institutions of what is called education to not blame the fags all together, is a misnomer.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

No, I am not gay. But if I were it is nothing to be ashamed of.

You need to be ashamed of yourself though. You are a pathetic toad peddling hate and superstition and I am glad humanity increasingly is rejecting your bullshit.

ScientiaPotenti...
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:God is

Jean Chauvin wrote:

How awful isnt these sentences? God does not allow equality because in ur wicked brain he creates some of em blind, is that your conclussion? And that entity that harbors such malevolence for unborn children which have done no evil, even to ur twisted standard, he u pray to, believe in and adore?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ScientiaPotentiaNostra

ScientiaPotentiaNostra wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

How awful isnt these sentences? God does not allow equality because in ur wicked brain he creates some of em blind, is that your conclussion? And that entity that harbors such malevolence for unborn children which have done no evil, even to ur twisted standard, he u pray to, believe in and adore?

fink afor u rite, stoopid.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with hate, as long as it is a righteous hate. Do you not hate child molestation? How about rape? animal cruelity? Or how about serial killers.

Atheists are thick hypocrites.

Hate Crime means if it is something that Christianity stands against. for example homosexuality, thus it's a hate crime. It's a liberal communistic means to radicate the first ammendment.

All homosexuals will be in hell humping demons via torture perhaps.

The issue regarding some born that are blind, some not is due to sin. But God via His grace and use any situation for good. A woman years ago was blind. Her eyes had two different colors. Upon her travels, the Indians encountered her camp to scalp them. Due to her eye color, the Indians found her blessed by the Great Spirit and untouchable.

Sometimes God can use are weaknesses for good. The Christians has heaven to look forward to to eliminate all sickness, all disease. The atheist has to look for an intense constant stream of such things.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with hate, as long as it is a righteous hate. Do you not hate child molestation? How about rape? animal cruelity? Or how about serial killers.

Atheists are thick hypocrites.

Hate Crime means if it is something that Christianity stands against. for example homosexuality, thus it's a hate crime. It's a liberal communistic means to radicate the first ammendment.

All homosexuals will be in hell humping demons via torture perhaps.

The issue regarding some born that are blind, some not is due to sin. But God via His grace and use any situation for good. A woman years ago was blind. Her eyes had two different colors. Upon her travels, the Indians encountered her camp to scalp them. Due to her eye color, the Indians found her blessed by the Great Spirit and untouchable.

Sometimes God can use are weaknesses for good. The Christians has heaven to look forward to to eliminate all sickness, all disease. The atheist has to look for an intense constant stream of such things.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Blah blah blah blah God will kick your ass, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

"No no no Satan will kick your ass"....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Threaten us all you want with your childish tantrum tyrant of a fictional asshole, we don't care. You could threaten us with pink unicorns and it would mean as much to us.

You are pissing in the wind dip shit.

After we die, we rot, that's it. No heaven, no hell. Nothing. You want us so desperately to buy your comic book super hero vs super villain, but it isn't working. It doesn't mean shit to us when Muslims threaten us with their Allah or Satan, and your bullshit doesn't scare us either.

Keep it up, you are helping lead humanity away from your superstition. The more hate and bullshit you try to sell the more people will run from it.

Keep showing humanity what bigotry is.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Alaskan Atheist.

Welcome, Alaskan Atheist. Enjoy the forum and ignore the idiotic troll.

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:
Ah! I see. So one of your major motivating points is not just the astronomy itself but also to become an educator and pass on the passion to the public. I am sure that if he were still among us, Carl Sagan would be very pleased to hear that.

In fact, astronomy is one area that is really ripe for that type of work. I do a bit of that in my own way as I am what is known as a sidewalk astronomer. When I do get good weather, I set up in front of my apartment building and I can show cool stuff to anyone who walks past. Mostly, that is short looks at one or two things at a time as most people are really on their way somewhere and they will stop for a couple of minutes. Still, it is always nice to show people some stuff and possibly tell them a bit about what we are going to be looking at next while I get an object lined up.

That is awesome! That's what I love about amateur astronomers, their ability to just bring cool stuff to the people with just a small telescope.

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome AA.  I'm new here

Welcome AA.  I'm new here myself.  Interesting post you have going here so far!

I love that you quote George Carlin.  I am not religious, but I'll always be a Carlinist.  

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." - Friedrich Nietzsche

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Jean Chauvin

Brian37 wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi IW,

All communists will burn in hell. A side note.

So if I lived in a communist country, you would eradicate Christianity would you not? If I continued to pray and attend church, you would kill me, unless it was Roman Catholic.

All communists need to have their ass kicked. In Jesus name.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I'm not a communist dipshit, and there is no such thing as hell dipshit.

Communism is "rule by one" party. Your god is the same "rule by one" with no hope of change. You are the one who worships the idea of a dictator, not me.

I do not bow to threats, especially hollow vacuous threats of fictional places. You might as well be threatening me with Osirus or Thor.

Thomas Jefferson must have been a commie too, "Question with boldness even the existence of a God"

And here is what that bastard commie Jefferson said about your precious Jesus character's magic birth,

Quote:
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter"...Letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

Fuck your fictional dictator and fuck you.

Ideal communism is the lack of government whatsoever...so there would be no rule except by the cooperation of the entire population.  Sorta a democracy instead of a republic.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: Sorta a

TGBaker wrote:

Sorta a democracy instead of a republic.

"democracy" is a bad word among leninists.  "dictatorship of the proletariat" is preferred.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:TGBaker

iwbiek wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Sorta a democracy instead of a republic.

"democracy" is a bad word among leninists.  "dictatorship of the proletariat" is preferred.

WIKI:::Communists such as

council communists

and non-Marxist

libertarian communists

and

anarcho-communists

, as well as some

Marxist-Leninists

who have progressively abandoned many of the basic assumptions of Leninism, oppose the idea of a vanguard party and a transition stage, and advocate for the construction of full communism to begin immediately upon the abolition of capitalism. There is a very wide range of theories amongst those particular communists in regards to how to build the types of institutions that would replace the various economic engines (such as food distribution, education, and hospitals) as they exist under capitalist systems — or even whether to do so at all. Some of these communists have specific plans for the types of administrative bodies that would replace the current ones, while always qualifying that these bodies would be

decentralised

and

worker-owned

, just as they currently are within the activist movements themselves. Others have no concrete set of post-revolutionary blueprints at all, claiming instead that they simply trust that the world's workers and poor will figure out proper modes of distribution and wide-scale production, and also coordination, entirely on their own, without the need for any structured "replacements" for capitalist

state-based

control.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It makes since, since

Quote:
It makes since, since he is for the NWO

The new world order? Really?

Quote:
Christians are poor and

Shall I remind you that the bible approve "possession" of things? This is half-way through capitalism, which doesn't work.

Quote:
things are bad because of sin.
Quote:

Could you define sin in a non-circular logic way?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker

TGBaker wrote:

Marxist-Leninists

who have progressively abandoned many of the basic assumptions of Leninism, oppose the idea of a vanguard party and a transition stage, and advocate for the construction of full communism to begin immediately upon the abolition of capitalism.

which marxist-leninists are these, exactly, and why would they still bother to call themselves such?  i mean, the emphasis on the vanguard party was pretty much lenin's whole contribution to marxian theory.  as far as the transitional stage goes, lenin had very little patience for such things.  many leaders in the second international at that time were counselling him to hold off until capitalism had really had a chance to develop fully in russia.  i think he would have liked nothing more than to have continued war communism even after the end of the civil war, but he had to implement NEP out of pure necessity.  lenin really embodied both extremes of idealism and pragmatism as much as one man possibly can. 

TGBaker wrote:

Some of these communists have specific plans for the types of administrative bodies that would replace the current ones, while always qualifying that these bodies would be

decentralised

and

worker-owned

theoretically, at least, this was always lenin's goal.  remember the slogan of the october revolution was "all power to the soviets" (that slogan neatly summarizes my own marxist views as well).  the vanguard party--once again, theoretically--was supposed to have a purely revolutionary role.  once the revolution was accomplished and the state "withered away," the party was supposed to disappear as well, leaving only the soviets, which would probably eventually disappear as well.  in all fairness, the rapid advent of the civil war did make that impossible, and by the time the war ended lenin's star was already on the decline.  honestly, i think NEP wasn't just a begrudging acquiescence to necessity, but also an effort by lenin to take a piece out of the bureaucracy's power, where the first signs of stalinism were already appearing.

the problem with soviet communism wasn't--as many assert--that the state didn't wither away.  it did, almost completely.  nothing proves that more than the brazen farce of the 1936 constitution, not only in that it was immediately disregarded by the party and party police apparatus in almost every possible respect, but that everybody knew beforehand it would be disregarded.  we can call the soviet union a "party state" only because we haven't yet found a better word to replace "state"--maybe "society."

ironically, the government--in the form of the council of people's commissars--had the most power it ever would have in the history of the soviet union under lenin.  he chaired the council himself and seems to have devoted more energy to it than to the party secretariat.  i think he saw the necessity of a counterweight to the party bureaucracy, if both were to ever "wither away."  even though the government was formally subordinate to the party central committee, it was far from just a showpiece, as it was from the time of stalin until 1989.

--Hunter S. Thompson