Finally back up {EDITED by Sapient}

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Finally back up {EDITED by Sapient}

The site if finally back up it seems.  I'm glad.  I like this place, and was afraid it might be gone for good.  

EDIT IN BY SAPIENT: I wanted to be the first one to post but this post was already up.  Sorry that the site was down, it needed a reboot and I was at work.  Sorry we didn't fix it earlier.  Thanks for your understanding.  Sorry bout that... back to curing theism.

I would like to know though... how long was the site down?  12 hours?  - Sapient

Wowzers1
Theist
Wowzers1's picture
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote: The site if

RatDog wrote:

The site if finally back up it seems.  I'm glade.  I like this place, and was afraid it might be gone for good.  

Me too... I thought it was my internet connection for a while... I hope it wasn't some sort of D1PSH17 hacker DoS or something like that... grr....

It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that he should not exist. -Blaise Pascal

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great

Welcome back gang, does anyone know what went wrong?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I edited the first post. 

I edited the first post.  HAH!  Love you guys.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote: The site if

RatDog wrote:

The site if finally back up it seems.  I'm glad.  I like this place, and was afraid it might be gone for good.  

EDIT IN BY SAPIENT: I wanted to be the first one to post but this post was already up.  Sorry that the site was down, it needed a reboot and I was at work.  Sorry we didn't fix it earlier.  Thanks for your understanding.  Sorry bout that... back to curing theism.

I would like to know though... how long was the site down?  12 hours?  - Sapient

More than 12 hours as I couldn't get in late last night PDT.  I was dying of withdrawal symptoms, man.  Glad to see it was a - relatively - minor problem.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 It was down for about two

It was down for about two days.  

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

Have been at my mum's since weds night and it's now sat night here in Oz and this is the first time I'm been able to get on since Thursday arvo at the latest. I think it was a bit more than 2 days. I was starting to pine...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what happened to cause it

So what happened to cause it to go down?

EDIT, NEVER MIND,

I didn't see the "reboot" explanation. So it was just a matter of maintenance?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
YAY!

YAY! I was beginning to wonder what had happened to the site, but then I remembered the cause of all misfortune in this world... and boy am I guilty! XD

Wowzers1 wrote:
I hope it wasn't some sort of D1PSH17 hacker DoS or something like that... grr....

One little quibble. I wouldn't call DDoS "hacker" since it's not overly difficult to spam the refresh button! Hell, I got plenty of practice spam mashing buttons playing Chrono Trigger in the soda drinking contest in the beginning of that game and if that's all it takes to be a hacker then I'm DIGITAL LORD B166ER, MASTER HAXOR! XD

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The site went down on

The site went down on Wednesday for me.  I checked from three different ISPs and used my 1337 hacking skillz and did not finally get through until I bounced off a proxy in Sweden.  Whatever.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
So sorry that some of you

So sorry that some of you were down for two days.  I am fairly certain I was able to access the site 24 hours before we fixed it.  Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I even had to skim the iron

I even had to skim the iron chariots website... it's just not the same *shaking head

It was so bad I had to scream some insults at church goers just so I can satisfy the internal insatiable atheist... glad that's over.  

hehe, glad to hear you just needed a reboot, damn windows, maybe an upgrade from windows ME is in order?

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I wanted this bumped so that

I wanted this bumped so that people could find the thread to admit that they need this site to function normally. 

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, this will probably

Well, this will probably make you a sad panda Brain but I spent a good part of the time farming XP in LOTRO.  That and posting on a computer forum that also allows politics (and which happens to be owned by tea party members).  :--p

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Neoatheist
atheist
Neoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
First you guys, now

First you guys, now atheistforums. WTF? This has been a crappy week for me. My two favorite forums down...

Anyways, I'm glad to see you guys are back up. I need my rationality fix.

If you use the bible as your moral compass, chances are you're lost.

When Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" he wasn't saying that people shouldn't be stoned. He was requesting the first pitch.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I wanted this

Sapient wrote:

I wanted this bumped so that people could find the thread to admit that they need this site to function normally. 

I do enjoy the conversation here but luckily /cough I also have an online gaming habit.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I wanted this

Sapient wrote:

Alright I admit it I was going through withdrawals. It was two days for me. I also googled a couple of places "is the website really down" and they indicated that the site was napping.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hadn't tried to get on for

I hadn't tried to get on for a few days last week (very busy with work), then when I could not hold off any longer, the damn thing wouldn't come up!

My browser message indicated it could still 'see' the server, but couldn't establish a connection, as if it was too busy.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology