No (raw) milk for you

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
No (raw) milk for you

Don't worry, mommy government will protect you from those bearded Pennsylvanian terrorists, otherwise known as Amish, from selling you milk.

Quote:

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

It’s a battle that’s been going on behind the scenes for years, with natural foods advocates arguing that raw milk, as it’s also known, is healthier than the pasteurized product, while the Food and Drug Administration says raw milk can carry harmful bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.

“It is the FDA’s position that raw milk should never be consumed,” said Tamara N. Ward, spokeswoman for the FDA, whose investigators have been looking into Rainbow Acres for months, and who finally last week filed a 10-page complaint in federal court in Pennsylvania seeking an order to stop the farm from shipping across state lines any more raw milk or dairy products made from it.

The farm’s owner, Dan Allgyer, didn’t respond to a message seeking comment, but his customers in the District of Columbia and Maryland were furious at what they said was government overreach.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/

I don't know how any of us can survive without mommy government telling us what we should and shouldn't buy..... 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:robj101

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Just how much competition is this milk giving the industry..lol. I have never seen nor actually even heard of this milk till I saw the article. I really doubt the major milk producers are worried about these people selling non pasteurized milk by the pickup bed load. Reminds me of the people around here who grow watermelons then haul them around in a pickup peddling them door to door. They are not a real threat in the greater scheme of things where "money" is concerned. As they say "small potatoes".

No, it's not a 'conspiracy theory' because it is happening right out in the open.

How much of a threat? Pretty big. The organics industry is growing by leaps and bounds and the major industrial competetors are following close behind to squash them.

Beyond, I think you'll like this page. A blog about fighting for consumer rights.

Based on absolutely nothing I refuse to believe the "amish" are serious competition for anyone for anything other than .. Their wonderful heat surge fireplace heaters.

I'm at work and this computer wont allow me to paste links or open links from this site, I'll look at your link this evening.

Okay, you really need to read the links to see what is going on. I thought the same as you do about it before I did some digging.

Now, I see it is not much different than when Monsanto drops it's heavy legal boot on small farmers who refuse to use their GM seed.

This is all about the money folks.

The big boys can't afford to let even one small fry put a crack in their monopoly.

Monsanto actually sued and ruin some small farmers of Canola seed in Canada and North USA. A family might work for years breeding their seed.  Monsanto developed a seed that was resistant to its product Roundup and pushed it on the farmers. You could plant the seed then put roundup out and it would grow.  They do it with grasses too. At any rate farmers started having the genetically altered seed blow onto their property and in some cases crossbreeeding and ruining their years of work.  Instead of them suing Monsanto sued first claiming copy right infringement and worst of all WON.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Monsanto

TGBaker wrote:

Monsanto actually sued and ruin some small farmers of Canola seed in Canada and North USA. A family might work for years breeding their seed.  Monsanto developed a seed that was resistant to its product Roundup and pushed it on the farmers. You could plant the seed then put roundup out and it would grow.  They do it with grasses too. At any rate farmers started having the genetically altered seed blow onto their property and in some cases crossbreeeding and ruining their years of work.  Instead of them suing Monsanto sued first claiming copy right infringement and worst of all WON.

That's Exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for giving more detail.

A few years ago when I found out the the CEO of Monsanto and Lockheed Martin are the same guy, I did a lot of research that covered a lot of ground and I finally had to quit because I didn't like the feeling of being dragged down the rabbit hole. I have a mountain of documents that would make even the strongest stomach vomit.

But, yes, Monsanto set some kind of legal precedent suing farmers and winning and the Dairy co-ops are simply following their lead.

If I felt up to it, I'd do some more digging but, I don't.

If you dig deep enough, you'll find the names of the co-op members who petitioned the co-op to instigate this assault on organic farmers and you'll also find the politicians names who are in the co-ops back pocket. Not hard to find, just takes some time cross referencing the common names, dates, etc... It's all right here on the Internet for anyone who has the time to dig for it.

Re: Monsanto/Lockheed Martin, I learned that the US government is the biggest customer of Monsanto and Lockheed Martin. Both are connected with the 'war on drugs' and all of that herbicide that has been sprayed in foreign countries on illegal drug crops comes from Monsanto.

Anyone who doesn't know that Big Businesses are running out government is just plain ignorant of the facts... and too lazy to find out about them.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: Okay, you

TGBaker wrote:

They do it with grass, canola, corn, soybeans, cotton, too. Possibly more but, I'd have to look it up.

I talked to the manager of the local co-op after I found this out and he knew nothing about the law suits. While he was genuinely interested,  there was nothing he could do about it, mainly, because Monsanto has bought out nearly all the competition and there just isn't any other choice of who to purchase from.

Wait and see, the same thing will happen to dairy farmers.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:TGBaker

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

That's Exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for giving more detail.

A few years ago when I found out the the CEO of Monsanto and Lockheed Martin are the same guy, I did a lot of research that covered a lot of ground and I finally had to quit because I didn't like the feeling of being dragged down the rabbit hole. I have a mountain of documents that would make even the strongest stomach vomit.

But, yes, Monsanto set some kind of legal precedent suing farmers and winning and the Dairy co-ops are simply following their lead.

If I felt up to it, I'd do some more digging but, I don't.

If you dig deep enough, you'll find the names of the co-op members who petitioned the co-op to instigate this assault on organic farmers and you'll also find the politicians names who are in the co-ops back pocket. Not hard to find, just takes some time cross referencing the common names, dates, etc... It's all right here on the Internet for anyone who has the time to dig for it.

Re: Monsanto/Lockheed Martin, I learned that the US government is the biggest customer of Monsanto and Lockheed Martin. Both are connected with the 'war on drugs' and all of that herbicide that has been sprayed in foreign countries on illegal drug crops comes from Monsanto.

Anyone who doesn't know that Big Businesses are running out government is just plain ignorant of the facts... and too lazy to find out about them.

Corporations and governments are usually bound together by the buttons of lobbyists and so judges will rule for these companies over small family farmers every time.  My Luekemia probably comes from some of their shit loosed upon our environment.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Corporations

TGBaker wrote:

Corporations and governments are usually bound together by the buttons of lobbyists and so judges will rule for these companies over small family farmers every time.  My Luekemia probably comes from some of there shit loosed upon our environment.

Absolutely. Chemicals in the walls, on flooring, in gas, the air, food and water... it's all making us sick - which is great news for the Big Pharmaceutical companies, like IG Farben and their ilk.

About the judges, I know you are right about that. When I was protesting water fluoridation in my area, I spoke to a prominent attorney for advice. He told me that he wouldn't touch the case unless I could find a legal precedent and even then, NO judge who wanted to retain his seat, would voluntarily hear the case. And, just as a small farmer can't afford a legal battle against a huge monopoly, local residents and individuals have no chance of success against the legal muscle provided by the ADA to ensure continued disposal of industrial toxic waste into the water supply of every city in the country.

I did a lot of digging on that topic, too.  Carnegie Mellon Institute, Rockefeller's, Edward Bernays, ALCOA, Manhattan Project, Oak Ridge, TVA...to mention a few... all tied into this 'conspiracy theory' as some call it. Look it up. It's all here on the Internet.

TG, what is your occupation, if you don't mind me asking? Do you work with chemicals?

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:TGBaker

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Corporations and governments are usually bound together by the buttons of lobbyists and so judges will rule for these companies over small family farmers every time.  My Luekemia probably comes from some of there shit loosed upon our environment.

Absolutely. Chemicals in the walls, on flooring, in gas, the air, food and water... it's all making us sick - which is great news for the Big Pharmaceutical companies, like IG Farben and their ilk.

About the judges, I know you are right about that. When I was protesting water fluoridation in my area, I spoke to a prominent attorney for advice. He told me that he wouldn't touch the case unless I could find a legal precedent and even then, NO judge who wanted to retain his seat, would voluntarily hear the case. And, just as a small farmer can't afford a legal battle against a huge monopoly, local residents and individuals have no chance of success against the legal muscle provided by the ADA to ensure continued disposal of industrial toxic waste into the water supply of every city in the country.

I did a lot of digging on that topic, too.  Carnegie Mellon Institute, Rockefeller's, Edward Bernays, ALCOA, Manhattan Project, Oak Ridge, TVA...to mention a few... all tied into this 'conspiracy theory' as some call it. Look it up. It's all here on the Internet.

TG, what is your occupation, if you don't mind me asking? Do you work with chemicals?

The Federal Reserve Bank from which we as a nation borrow money is not a government entity and is owned by private bankers. Corporations in conjunction with banks are our real government. I have on prescription that is $3700 a month and another $2700.  My prescriptions can run 10K a month!!! These drugs are much cheaper in Canada and Mexico.

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  I found something that

I found something that is related to the issue of government regulations.  I think that it is worth watching.  

http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended-interviews/375313/playlist_tds_extended_philip_howard/366138

The guy also has a web page.  

http://www.commongood.org/

A couple of highlights:

CLEAN OUT OBSOLETE LAW

Like sediment in a harbor, the accumulation of law is preventing America from moving forward.  Decade after decade, law has piled up—mandates, entitlements, subsidies—but is almost never revisited to determine if it’s still needed, beneficial, or affordable. 

Democracy is not supposed to be a one-way valve, where past choices bind the hands of today’s officials. 

The first step is a thorough spring cleaning.  In each area, special commissions of respected experts should make proposals to clean out unnecessary mandates, entitlements, subsidies, and regulations.  Going forward, laws and regulations should expire periodically under sunset laws.

Government must make choices for the future, not stay mired in choices of the past.

and

RADICALLY SIMPLIFY LAW

In order for law to be effective, it needs to be understood—by politicians and officials,  and the citizens affected by it.  Today, statutes and regulations run into the hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of pages. 

Legislation and regulations should be written to set public goals and general principles—leaving implementation to designated officials, with clear lines of accountability.  No law should be over 50 pages. The Constitution is 16 pages long. The basic antitrust law against monopolization is only a few lines. It only took 29 pages to authorize the Interstate Highway System. 

The key tests for effective law are whether: 1) regulators have flexibility to make sensible choices; 2) there are clear lines of accountability; and 3) compliance by those expected to abide by the law is practical.