30 Arguments for a Young Earth

Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
Posts: 344
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
30 Arguments for a Young Earth

I found a website that defends thirty young-earth proofs. It presents each argument briefly and then elaborates on it at great length. I didn't read the elaborations all that closely, but the argument summaries seem compelling.

Here are some examples:

 Young-earth "proof" #1: The sun is shrinking at 5 feet/hour which limits the earth-sun relationship to less than 5 million years.

Young-earth "proof" #2: Given the rate at which cosmic dust accumulates, 4.5 billion years would have produced a layer on the moon much deeper than observed. By implication, the earth is also young.

Young-earth "proof" #3: The existence of short-period comets means that the universe is less than 10,000 years old. Comets and meteoroids only last from 10,000-15,000 years before they are blown apart by the solar wind.

Young-earth "proof" #4: There are no fossil meteorites in the geologic record. If the latter were laid down over billions of years we would expect to find at least a few fossil meteorites in the geologic strata. Therefore, the geologic record was deposited rapidly.

Young-earth "proof" #5: The Moon is receding a few inches each year. Less than a million years ago the Moon would have been so close that the tides would have drowned everyone twice a day. Less than 2 or 3 million years ago the Moon would have been inside the Roche limit and, thus, destroyed.

You can read more here: http://talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind/howgood-yea.html

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

You mean this?

 


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Oh man!

Kapkao, Requiem for a Dream is such a good movie, but is so depressing I don't think I can watch it again.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:You mean this?

Kapkao wrote:

You mean this?

 

I have never seen that movie, but I play that soundtrack as part of my a grooveshark playlist.  (well some of it sucks but the song in that video is probably one of my favourite)

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Hungry is asking if it

Hungry is asking if it turned out the earth is flat and the age of the earth correlates with the age expressed in the bible it might make someone believe in a god written of in said book. No, it would however make that book a bit more plausible though in no way would it lead me to believe there is a god, this god is obviously untestable, any other completely imaginary thing is untestable.

He also seemed confident that his own god would not show himself ..very telling.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:You mean this?

duplicate post


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Evolution

Hello,

As properly understood via the absurd notion of biochemical reproduction and a transitional means of species via natural selection, evolution is 100% not proven according to evolutionary standards. The 3 forms of attempt at knowing via a secular means all fail via the notion of atheistic evolution.

There is 0 evidence empirically speaking. While evolution is a broad term, and while Creationists like myself accept evolution of a specific type (we all know this, Micro evolution, etc), this is obviously not what I am talking about.

So just for fun. Pick the category. Geology, Biology, Anthropology, anything, and "prove" to me evolution is true.

You must first define 3 things.

1) Your attempt at knowing

2) Your definition of truth and if ever attainable

3) Your definition of proof in relation to knowing of truth

This is why evolutionists ALWAYS lose in debates against Creationists. Evolution is a blind faith taht non thinking absurd and irrational atheists like to cling to as an emotional support for their immoral filith and garbage in their life.

There are only 2 possibilities, evolution or creation (some say the aliens did it after I refute their absurdity on evolution. But then it become comedy).

Put up or shut up. Evolution is the leap of faith that Kirkengaard had nightmares about.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
hello can you hear me

Why do you even try, JC?
You have not understood how science functions, and you cannot accept what science is if you understood it because of your religion. And it's like you're trying, either...


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,As

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

As properly understood via the absurd notion of biochemical reproduction and a transitional means of species via natural selection, evolution is 100% not proven according to evolutionary standards. The 3 forms of attempt at knowing via a secular means all fail via the notion of atheistic evolution.

There is 0 evidence empirically speaking. While evolution is a broad term, and while Creationists like myself accept evolution of a specific type (we all know this, Micro evolution, etc), this is obviously not what I am talking about.

So just for fun. Pick the category. Geology, Biology, Anthropology, anything, and "prove" to me evolution is true.

You must first define 3 things.

1) Your attempt at knowing

2) Your definition of truth and if ever attainable

3) Your definition of proof in relation to knowing of truth

This is why evolutionists ALWAYS lose in debates against Creationists. Evolution is a blind faith taht non thinking absurd and irrational atheists like to cling to as an emotional support for their immoral filith and garbage in their life.

There are only 2 possibilities, evolution or creation (some say the aliens did it after I refute their absurdity on evolution. But then it become comedy).

Put up or shut up. Evolution is the leap of faith that Kirkengaard had nightmares about.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

 H-e-l-l-o-J-e-a-n-C-h-a-u-v-i-n

   Yes the fossil record in no way supports evolution.  Fossils only validate the Flood story of the Bible.   If the Earth at that time was populated by Noah and his contemporaries why are there no fossils of modern man ?  The fossil record should provide abundant evidence ( millions ) of recently deceased homo sapiens and evidence should be found on a global scale.   Why is that ?

  R-e-s-p-e-c-t-f-u-l-l-y-P-r-o-z-a-c-D-e-a-t-h-W-i-s-h

    ( Proverbs 26:5 )

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Death

Hi Death,

You said you were in a mental institution. I was curious, for what?

I'm glad you agree with me, that the fossil record does NOT support evolution.

The fossils and the reason we have so many is due to the worldwide flood. Since there hasn't been a worldwide flood since, this is why there aren't as many fossils as modern man.

But evolution brings a philosophical complication to atheism liberalsim as well. Since evolution originates in Africa, then Blacks (This is Darwin, we all know this) are inferior via evolution. Thus they are inferior via intelligence.

Since this is racism, that Whites are superior via evolution then blacks which includes intelligence, and that Whites are more human then blacks since they are further evolved, and blacks aren't as evolved, so they aren't as human as whites, how does this fit into liberalism since 98% of all blacks are indeed liberal atheistic or pagan occultic.

We are truly living in a crazy world. The world has now become a mental institute.

Respectfully

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: You

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

You said you were in a mental institution. I was curious, for what?

 

                        

                        I heard the voice of God speaking to me  ( hey, we've got something in common !!! )

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
  I'm glad you agree with me, that the fossil record does NOT support evolution. 

 

                              I was being facetious

 

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
The fossils and the reason we have so many is due to the worldwide flood. Since there hasn't been a worldwide flood since, this is why there aren't as many fossils as modern man.
 

   

                    I am not aware of any existing fossils of modern man...at all.    If the flood was a one time event that decimated the human population of the entire world then one would think that there would be a super abundance of human fossils just waiting to be found.    Shit, since the global flood supposedly happened just a few thousand years ago why aren't the fossils of modern animals as well ?

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
But evolution brings a philosophical complication to atheism liberalsim as well. Since evolution originates in Africa, then Blacks (This is Darwin, we all know this) are inferior via evolution. Thus they are inferior via intelligence.
 

 

      There are theists who believe in evolution.   If blacks demonstrate a tendency to have lower levels of intelligence why is that an issue ?  Whose fault is that ?

 

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Since this is racism, that Whites are superior via evolution then blacks which includes intelligence, and that Whites are more human then blacks since they are further evolved, and blacks aren't as evolved, so they aren't as human as whites....
 

 

   If science proved that caucasions excelled in comparison to other human subspecies why is that racism ?   If the facts bear this out then it simply a clinical observation.  I prefer reality whether it flatters me or not.

 

  

Jean Chauvin wrote:
We are truly living in a crazy world. The world has now become a mental institute.

 

                                          Well wait until May 21'st and God will take care of everything.

 

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Dis-Respectfully

                   Jean Bin Laden ( meaningless Bible citation ).

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: I'm

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

I'm glad you agree with me, that the fossil record does NOT support evolution.

 

Evidence of misrepresented interpretation. All christians are guilty.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: Since

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

Since this is racism, that Whites are superior via evolution then blacks which includes intelligence, and that Whites are more human then blacks since they are further evolved, and blacks aren't as evolved, so they aren't as human as whites, how does this fit into liberalism since 98% of all blacks are indeed liberal atheistic or pagan occultic.

 

I would like to see something to back up this wild ass claim about 98% of blacks being "liberal atheistic or pagan occultic"

"Not as human as whites", you are insane. Some people went here and some people went there and adapted to their environment in different ways. It is obvious that people who live in a relatively easy environment wont have to adapt so much whereas people who may live in harsher conditions will have to adapt or perish. This doesn't make anyone more or less "human" and this whole thing is fukin common sense.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin