30 Arguments for a Young Earth

Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
Posts: 344
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
30 Arguments for a Young Earth

I found a website that defends thirty young-earth proofs. It presents each argument briefly and then elaborates on it at great length. I didn't read the elaborations all that closely, but the argument summaries seem compelling.

Here are some examples:

 Young-earth "proof" #1: The sun is shrinking at 5 feet/hour which limits the earth-sun relationship to less than 5 million years.

Young-earth "proof" #2: Given the rate at which cosmic dust accumulates, 4.5 billion years would have produced a layer on the moon much deeper than observed. By implication, the earth is also young.

Young-earth "proof" #3: The existence of short-period comets means that the universe is less than 10,000 years old. Comets and meteoroids only last from 10,000-15,000 years before they are blown apart by the solar wind.

Young-earth "proof" #4: There are no fossil meteorites in the geologic record. If the latter were laid down over billions of years we would expect to find at least a few fossil meteorites in the geologic strata. Therefore, the geologic record was deposited rapidly.

Young-earth "proof" #5: The Moon is receding a few inches each year. Less than a million years ago the Moon would have been so close that the tides would have drowned everyone twice a day. Less than 2 or 3 million years ago the Moon would have been inside the Roche limit and, thus, destroyed.

You can read more here: http://talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind/howgood-yea.html

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote:   If

Hungry Wolf wrote:

 

 

 

If the deity is based on the writings of other men, and a person doubt the existence of the this man-made god, then this man is to be praised ^_~

 

If this man consider every deity in different religions as man-made god, then he is absolutely wrong and shouldn't be praised for this last consideration of him ^_^

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

So you are saying you have found a book written directly by the hand of "god"? Explain this in some detail.

Also you admit you don't have all the answers, to what questions?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OP

Hi OP,

Look, Most of the arguments above are pretty weak. I mean, they are true, but the wretched atheists on this site that are full of evil's dung, they're not going to buy this.

To be honest, since they are sealed into wickedness, they're not going to by anything even if God knocked on their front door, and smacked them in teh balls. They would still deny his kick in the balls as they feel the pain.

So, arguments among such garbage must be in the from of ad hominem or reductio ad absurdum. A helpful tip for your future endeavors.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OP,

Look, Most of the arguments above are pretty weak. I mean, they are true, but the wretched atheists on this site that are full of evil's dung, they're not going to buy this.

To be honest, since they are sealed into wickedness, they're not going to by anything even if God knocked on their front door, and smacked them in teh balls. They would still deny his kick in the balls as they feel the pain.

So, arguments among such garbage must be in the from of ad hominem or reductio ad absurdum. A helpful tip for your future endeavors.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

My time working at a mental hospital has given me insight. Do you have your good behavior medal on? If patients were "good" Their "level" would go up and over several days they would get a medal to wear around their neck as proof they could walk around on the grounds and have a bit more freedom, level 5 I think it was that they had access to the most privileges. You were gone a while so I assume you were bad and had to work hard to get your medal back.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
 We did learn something,

 We did learn something, though. Jean Chauvin's god may smack balls. I always sorta figured they were into the rough stuff.

 


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Rob

Hey Rob,

I know that was a pathetic attempt at humor that failed miserably, but I'd like to talk to you about your psycho days. I've studied psychology for the last 8 years. I' have found that most people who work at psycho wards are also infiliated with the occult. Not all, most.

But anyway, it would be interesting to talk to you about your experiencs. I know you'll going to attempt humor again since your last one failed, fine practice makes perfect, you need a lot of practice.

Anyway, my primary study as been via MPD/DID victims via traumatic abuse. Perhaps you can put your bad humor in the closet and tell me if you had any experiences with these types of issues? I have, but not in a physco ward.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey Rob,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Rob,

I know that was a pathetic attempt at humor that failed miserably, but I'd like to talk to you about your psycho days. I've studied psychology for the last 8 years. I' have found that most people who work at psycho wards are also infiliated with the occult. Not all, most.

But anyway, it would be interesting to talk to you about your experiencs. I know you'll going to attempt humor again since your last one failed, fine practice makes perfect, you need a lot of practice.

Anyway, my primary study as been via MPD/DID victims via traumatic abuse. Perhaps you can put your bad humor in the closet and tell me if you had any experiences with these types of issues? I have, but not in a physco ward.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Hey Jean, long time no laugh at your posts.  Have you come to celebrate Jesus' death?  

I know of a case of MPD, this guys thinks he is the father, the son, and some ghost.  It's silly I know.  There was a book or two written about it, I can't remember the title, something with a B... The Bubble, or The Byboole...  Anyways, good to see you're back dude.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi KTULA

Hey KTULA,

You know when I spell out your screenname, I think it's a radio call numbers. I worked for KKLA in california. Anyway, it's no longer MPD, but DID Disasociate Identify Disorder. I've dealth with those involved in Satanic Ritual Abuse. A woman had 10 pictures of herself on her mantle with the exact same background. THey all had different expressions though. This was my first encounter with a victim. Anyway, I asked her why she had so many pictures of herself with different expressions. She told me so the other alters (personalities) don't get jealous.

DID is now understood to not be various personalities per sa, but rather different altars of a fragmented personality. Anyway, a friend of mine was "deprogramming her" (which is extremely hard to do). He was framed a few years later and sent to a hard core federal prison for 10 years. He was suppose to get out on the 26th of march, but haven't heard anything from him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets murdered, but I pray not.

Anyway, glad to be back for you to take me out of context, and not have the intellectual comprehension to analyize a duck. But thanks for the welcome.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Theists are too funny.

Theists are too funny.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Vastet

Hi Vastet,

You're pretty creepy. Are you in the occult? Anyway, you too, are a theist since it is the self of you, that you worship.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey KTULA,

You know when I spell out your screenname, I think it's a radio call numbers. I worked for KKLA in california. Anyway, it's no longer MPD, but DID Disasociate Identify Disorder. I've dealth with those involved in Satanic Ritual Abuse. A woman had 10 pictures of herself on her mantle with the exact same background. THey all had different expressions though. This was my first encounter with a victim. Anyway, I asked her why she had so many pictures of herself with different expressions. She told me so the other alters (personalities) don't get jealous.

DID is now understood to not be various personalities per sa, but rather different altars of a fragmented personality. Anyway, a friend of mine was "deprogramming her" (which is extremely hard to do). He was framed a few years later and sent to a hard core federal prison for 10 years. He was suppose to get out on the 26th of march, but haven't heard anything from him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets murdered, but I pray not.

Anyway, glad to be back for you to take me out of context, and not have the intellectual comprehension to analyize a duck. But thanks for the welcome.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

hehe, I think we have a radio station around here that's KTLA, not sure what it stands for.  I'm sorry to hear you have a friend, for the friend I mean...  So DID fits better with your idea of trinity than MPD, so be it, if it quacks like a duck and it lays eggs like a dinosaur, then it is a crocoduck:

... or something among those lines, you know me and my limited ability to comprehend a symbolic allegory of a duck (I'm sure that's what you meant ) as it pertains to my atheistic views of a contemporary society of fake Christians, as judged by a Calvinist.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Hi Vastet,

Hello. Smiling

Jean Chauvin wrote:
You're pretty creepy.

Thank you. I try. Smiling

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Are you in the occult?

Nope.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Anyway, you too, are a theist since it is the self of you, that you worship.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Not quite. I acknowledge myself as the only thing in the universe which even remotely resembles the definition of my "god" (well, that and Sol, but that's another topic), but I do not worship myself. A waste of time is what that would be. I'd rather be gaming or learning or hanging out with friends than be sitting on the floor praying to myself and assuming I am somehow a perfect being.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey Rob,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Rob,

I know that was a pathetic attempt at humor that failed miserably, but I'd like to talk to you about your psycho days. I've studied psychology for the last 8 years. I' have found that most people who work at psycho wards are also infiliated with the occult. Not all, most.

But anyway, it would be interesting to talk to you about your experiencs. I know you'll going to attempt humor again since your last one failed, fine practice makes perfect, you need a lot of practice.

Anyway, my primary study as been via MPD/DID victims via traumatic abuse. Perhaps you can put your bad humor in the closet and tell me if you had any experiences with these types of issues? I have, but not in a physco ward.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

There were several there who suffered from multiple personalities. I'm not sure how they got that way though. Most of the people in care at this facility were just very mentally retarded which is why I suggested you might live at one of these facilities.

 

 

 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote: I'm sorry to

Ktulu wrote:

 I'm sorry to hear you have a friend, for the friend I mean...  

I did lol.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Hungry Wolf
Hungry Wolf's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2008-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Dear robj ^_^ Quote:So you

Dear robj ^_^

 

Quote:
So you are saying you have found a book written directly by the hand of "god"?

Nope ..

 

Again, that's not what I've said >_<

 

 

1 - My talking was in general .. just to set a principle ..

Thus, it has nothing to do with me or with anybody else ..

 

 

2 - I didn't say anything about a book written directly by 'god' ..

 In fact, I wasn't talking about any 'holy book' !

 

I was talking about man made God .. a God who is based on human writings / myth / narrations / fairy-tales ( doesn't necessary be a writing ! ) ..

 

 

3 - About the book that was written directly by God .. I know only one book that was written directly by God / or by his angels ( if you would call it a book .. I think you call it scrolls in English ) .. It was the Torah ( The first 5 books of the Old Testament ) .. Those scrolls were handed to Moses peace be upon him ..

 

However, I know also that sons of Israel copied what was written there + They added something and words from their own + They made changes on the actual words of God + The original scrolls are missed .. Only God knows where they are ^_^

 

 

4 - I said assuming all Gods in different religions ( with no exception ) are man made gods is wrong .. and there must be a way to know the existence of the true God even without the 'holy sacred books' ( including the Koran ) ^_^

 

 

5 - The Koran, which we Muslim follow, were not written by God or his angels .. It was revealed to our prophet Mohammad peace be upon him and memorized by his companions ( then it was written from the memorization ) ..

 

However, pagans before prophet Mohammad peace be upon him knew the God ( Allah ) .. but they were worshiping other gods beside him ..

Though, they have no holy or sacred book ^_~

 

 

Koran was revealed to Mohammad mainly to prove his prophecy .. not to prove the existence of Allah or the existence of a God ^_~

 

The only problem is with this era because of its twisted science which success in term of invention but fail in term of explanation ~_~

 

 

Quote:
Explain this in some detail

I hope what I said is enough ^_^

 

 

and I hope you understand it the right way this time ^_~

 

 

Quote:
Also you admit you don't have all the answers

Of course I admit that ^_^

 

No body knows all the answers !

 

Only the God knows all the answer and knows everything ^_~

 

 

Quote:
to what questions?

Again, I was talking in general ..

 

What I don't know is countless ..

 

And religions ( even mine ) answers the most important questions ..not all of the questions !

 

And we had been warned to ask too many questions .. Sons of Israel did ask too many questions and when they had the answers the disbelieve some .. They were punished for that ..

 

We are told not to follow their path ^_^

 

 

Do you have something specific in your mind ^_^ ?

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 

 

 

 

 

 


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Well, this is true

Hungry Wolf wrote:

 

What I don't know is countless ..

 

 

of all of us, Hungry. Why can't you just accept there are some things that we don't know? Why are you so eager to embrace assertions about the supernatural world that are unsupported by knowable facts?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Presup has not partaken of

Presup has not partaken of his post, does he feel foolish I wonder?


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote:Dear robj

Hungry Wolf wrote:

Dear robj ^_^

 

Quote:
So you are saying you have found a book written directly by the hand of "god"?

Nope ..

 

Again, that's not what I've said >_<

 

 

1 - My talking was in general .. just to set a principle ..

Thus, it has nothing to do with me or with anybody else ..

 

 

2 - I didn't say anything about a book written directly by 'god' ..

 In fact, I wasn't talking about any 'holy book' !

 

I was talking about man made God .. a God who is based on human writings / myth / narrations / fairy-tales ( doesn't necessary be a writing ! ) ..

 

 

3 - About the book that was written directly by God .. I know only one book that was written directly by God / or by his angels ( if you would call it a book .. I think you call it scrolls in English ) .. It was the Torah ( The first 5 books of the Old Testament ) .. Those scrolls were handed to Moses peace be upon him ..

 

However, I know also that sons of Israel copied what was written there + They added something and words from their own + They made changes on the actual words of God + The original scrolls are missed .. Only God knows where they are ^_^

 

 

4 - I said assuming all Gods in different religions ( with no exception ) are man made gods is wrong .. and there must be a way to know the existence of the true God even without the 'holy sacred books' ( including the Koran ) ^_^

 

 

5 - The Koran, which we Muslim follow, were not written by God or his angels .. It was revealed to our prophet Mohammad peace be upon him and memorized by his companions ( then it was written from the memorization ) ..

 

However, pagans before prophet Mohammad peace be upon him knew the God ( Allah ) .. but they were worshiping other gods beside him ..

Though, they have no holy or sacred book ^_~

 

 

Koran was revealed to Mohammad mainly to prove his prophecy .. not to prove the existence of Allah or the existence of a God ^_~

 

The only problem is with this era because of its twisted science which success in term of invention but fail in term of explanation ~_~

 

 

Quote:
Explain this in some detail

I hope what I said is enough ^_^

 

 

and I hope you understand it the right way this time ^_~

 

 

Quote:
Also you admit you don't have all the answers

Of course I admit that ^_^

 

No body knows all the answers !

 

Only the God knows all the answer and knows everything ^_~

 

 

Quote:
to what questions?

Again, I was talking in general ..

 

What I don't know is countless ..

 

And religions ( even mine ) answers the most important questions ..not all of the questions !

 

And we had been warned to ask too many questions .. Sons of Israel did ask too many questions and when they had the answers the disbelieve some .. They were punished for that ..

 

We are told not to follow their path ^_^

 

 

Do you have something specific in your mind ^_^ ?

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 

 

 

 

 

 

So your believe the koran was written by a god yet admit this "prophecy" was given to a man, one man, and then passed to his followers who were also men who wrote all this down.

The same as the christian god can you explain why your god thinks women are lower life forms, why mohammed says dogs are unclean (dogs are dogs because we humans domesticated them and made them what they are today). You don't think it's possible this mohammed was just a man with delusions who had very man like traits and passed them on in his "prophecy"? What is godlike about this "prophecy"? What sets it apart from something a man might have written?

Socially do you think muslims have not progressed enough or perhaps that they should not progress enough to not want to rape a woman because she is attractive?

Science is baffling to muslims. A thousand years ago if someone had approached another with a flashlight they would think it was "magic" and perhaps this man was a god or a prophet of a god. Yet you claim science has no explanations. Evolution is so obvious I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works.

Once again, you talk about not having explanations, but your explanations come down to what you "want" to be true just like every other religious person on the planet.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Hungry Wolf

Hi Wolf,

I can't get that song out of my head. "hungry like a wolf." Good 80's song. ARe you an occultist?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi Wolf,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Wolf,

I can't get that song out of my head. "hungry like a wolf." Good 80's song. ARe you an occultist?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Looking for fellow practitioners again, Jean?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Hungry Wolf
Hungry Wolf's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2008-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Dear Atheistextremist  ^_^

Dear Atheistextremist  ^_^ :   

Quote:
Quote:
What I don't know is countless ..
Well, this is true
^_^

 

 

Quote:
of all of us, Hungry. Why can't you just accept there are some things that we don't know?

But I do accept that ^_^'

 

I know that many things theists don't know .. and many things atheists don't know .. and also many things science don't know ( or still to know ) ^_^

 

That is why I don't like to ask or discuss issues that atheists don't know .. what is the point if I ask you about something you don't know ..

In return, I like atheists to ask me about something I know .. not something beyond my knowledge ^_~

 

 

I hope I understand your point right ^_^'

 

 

Quote:
Why are you so eager to embrace assertions about the supernatural world that are unsupported by knowable facts?

^_^

 

 

1 - This so called 'supernatural world' is the basic of my believe ..

We don't call it supernatural world .. I don't know the exact translation, but we can call it world of unknowable ..

 

As a Muslim, you have to believe in the knowable world ( which is our ) .. and the unknowable world which cannot be measured by knowable facts ^_^

 The unknowable world include angels, heaven, hell, day of judgment, souls, resurrections, demons etc etc

 

 

2 - believing in god does NOT belong to believing in unknowable world .. You don't have to believe in unknowable world unless you believe in God existence ..

Believing in god existence can be achieved by some tools in knowable world .. To be precise, by the clear signs that God put them to point to his existence ..

 

So, let me ask you and the other atheists this question: What does it take to make you believe in God existence ?

** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) God shows himself, will you believe in him ? ( don't worry, he will not show himself ^_^ )

** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) the science was wrong about the age of the earth .. and what was said in all three holy books ( Torah / Gospel / Koran ) about of the age of the earth turned to be true, will you believe in his existence ?

** IF the earth turned to be flat not sphere, will you believe in his existence ?

 

I just want to know what does it take from atheist to believe in god existence ^_^

 

 

3 - would you please show how eager I am to embrace assertions about the supernatural world ( by giving examples from my replies ) ?  I don't see my self the way you described ^_^'

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

=======================

 

 

Dear robj ^_^ :

 

Quote:
So your believe the koran was written by a god

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Somebody help me plzzzzzzzzz 

 

 

I said :

5 - The Koran, which we Muslim follow, were NOT written by God or his angels

 

and I said:

 

I know ONLY one book that was written directly by God / or by his angels ...............  It was the Torah

 

So, Koran (my book) was NOT ( NOT NOT NOT ) written by God ..

Torah (book of Jews) is the one which was written directly ..

 

 

 

Quote:
yet admit this "prophecy" was given to a man, one man

First .. Koran is not prophecy !

Koran is the message .. words from god .. god's talk .. etc etc

 

This one man heard the Koran from God's angel : Gabriel  .. directly ..

 

Quote:
and then passed to his followers who were also men

yes ..

 

 

Quote:
who wrote all this down

yes ( most of verses were written during Mohammad's life ) ..

 

 

Quote:
The same as the christian god

1 - The Christian god ( The one they called the father ) is our god .. He is one god ..

 He is God of Jews .. He is god of Muslims too ..

 

 

2 - Jesus, peace be upon him, is prophet .. and we, Muslims, believe in Jesus and his prophecy ^_^

 

 

Quote:
can you explain why your god thinks women are lower life forms

My god does NOT think women are lower life forms !

 

Nor Muslims think women are lower life forms .. Nor Islam teach that women are lower life form !

 

From where did you get this idea O_o ?!

 

 

Quote:
why mohammed says dogs are unclean

Because they are ^_^

 

 

Quote:
dogs are dogs because we humans domesticated them and made them what they are today

hehehhehehhehehehehe

 

Dogs are dogs because God created them to be dogs not lions 

 

 

Quote:
  You don't think it's possible this mohammed was just a man with delusions

But yes !

 

Actually 95% of people back then thought the same way ^_~

 

and the Koran refute them all .. let see what they said about Mohammad ( and other prophets ) back then:

 

So remind [O Muhammad], for you are not, by the favor of your Lord, a soothsayer or a madman

Or do they say [of you], "A poet for whom we await a misfortune of time?"

Say, "Wait, for indeed I am, with you, among the waiters."

  

 

 

 

Ha, Meem.

By the clear Book,
Indeed, We sent it down during a blessed night. Indeed, We were to warn [mankind].
On that night is made distinct every precise matter -
[Every] matter [proceeding] from Us. Indeed, We were to send [a messenger]
As mercy from your Lord. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
Lord of the heavens and the earth and that between them, if you would be certain.
There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death. [He is] your Lord and the Lord of your first forefathers.
But they are in doubt, amusing themselves.
Then watch for the Day when the sky will bring a visible smoke.
Covering the people; this is a painful torment.
[They will say], "Our Lord, remove from us the torment; indeed, we are believers."
How will there be for them a reminder [at that time]? And there had come to them a clear Messenger.
Then they turned away from him and said, "[u][He was] taught [and is] a madman.[u]"
Indeed, We will remove the torment for a little. Indeed, you [disbelievers] will return [to disbelief].

 

 

 

And said, "Is it one human being among us that we should follow? Indeed, we would then be in error and madness.

Or do their minds command them to [say] this, or are they a transgressing people?

 

 

 

all these and more were said to all prophet of God, not only Mohammad ..

 

People never welcomed a prophet at beginning >_<

 

All prophets suffered their people disbelief .. They were insulted, they were beaten, they were tutored, and some were killed ..

 

Why do you think that a prophet is believed when he ask his people to worship god ?

 

So, the history of Mohammad, the events against disbelievers ( appear in disbelievers poems ) and many other show he wasn't a deluded man ..

 

and as I said, when Mohammad was sent at first, people said that he was crazy and liar .. even his direct uncle were following him telling people: the son of my brother (mu nephew) is crazy, so don't believe him ..

 

In short, you didn't came with something new ^_^

 

 

Quote:
who had very man like traits and passed them on in his "prophecy"?

I didn't understand this part ^_^'

 

 

Quote:
What is godlike about this "prophecy"?

What do you mean ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
What sets it apart from something a man might have written?

Aha .. You mean the Koran ^_^

 

Arabs were the best in language ^_^

 

Koran challenge all Arab to come up with something like it ^.^

 

Arabs told Mohammad that your Koran is a teach from other man, not from God ..

 

God said in Koran:  if this Koran is from Mohammad himself or from other man bring something like it, that is if you can ..

 

He told them: bring every single man and every single demon and work together to make something like this Koran .. it is a challenge ^_^

 

Yet no one did hehehhehehhehe

 

Disbelievers called Mohammad a sorcerer because once an Arabic man hear the Koran, he know it cannot be a say of human ..

 

The disbelievers want to call the Koran something to make people avoid it and not listen to it ..

 

They said:  we call it words of astrologer or fortune-teller ( I'm not sure about the exact word ^_^' )

The head of disbelievers said: No .. It's not .. You know how those people say unclear words and they mumble .. Whereas Mohammad Koran is very clear and obvious ..

 

They said: Then let us call it a poem ( since it's so musical ) ..

The head of disbelievers said: I know poem better than any body here .. Mohammad Koran in definitely not a poem ..

 

They said: What do you suggest then ?!

He said: Let us call it a magic .. Don't you say how does it affects people when they hear it ?

 

 

Then God told this event in the Koran and how this man, although he knew it cannot be from a human, he still call it a magic ..

 

 

 

Even the translation to other language cannot show how beautiful the Koran is or sounds .. Disbelievers liked to hear the Koran even though they insisted to stand against Mohammad and his message ..

 

Here is a link for you if you want to know how the Koran sounds like ^_^ :

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPtK-sD874

 

 

Quote:
Socially do you think muslims have not progressed enough or perhaps that they should not progress enough to not want to rape a woman because she is attractive?

Huh O_o !

 

Raping !

 

Muslims might commit adultery ( or want to commit adultery ) if a woman is attractive .. But raping !

 

I didn't understand your point clear enough .. but should I understand that western people haven't progressed enough since the rate of raping is extremely  high ( rape statics are miserable in US ) ..

 

 

Beside, what does Islam teaching has to do with Muslim behaviors ?

 

 

Quote:
Science is baffling to muslims

Yes it does ^_^

 

Because Muslims surrendered to science >_<

 

 

Quote:
  A thousand years ago if someone had approached another with a flashlight they would think it was "magic" and perhaps this man was a god or a prophet of a god

wrong ..

 

Because Muslims are the first who translated ( and allowed for translation ) of ancient Greek teachings .. That was one of their biggest mistakes ..

 

Only ignorant Muslims will think so .. Those who didn't seek teaches of Islam ( Uneducated Muslims you can say ) ^_^

 

Because educated Muslims do know that Mohammad was the seal of all prophets + magics are the doing of demons not god ^_~

 

 

Quote:
  Yet you claim science has no explanations

Flashlight is invention -_-

 

It's not an explanation -_-'

 

 

Quote:
  Evolution is so obvious

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

 

 

Quote:
Once again, you talk about not having explanations

yes ^_^

 

 

Quote:
but your explanations come down to what you "want" to be true just like every other religious person on the planet

wrong ^_^

 

Religions ( true religions from God ) doesn't explain much .. It just tell you how it is ^_^

 

 

For example .. religions ( holy books ) say God created the universe within 6 days .. God Doesn't tell us how he created .. or Why he created in 6 days ( he has a reason ) ..

 

God tells us sun is moving on daily bases .. He doesn't tell us how the sun moves ..

 

 

But if it turned out that suns moves ( not earth rotates ), then your science fails miserably ^_^

 

Don't you agree ^_^ ?

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

=====================

 

 

Dear Jean ^_^ :

 

 


Quote:
Hi Wolf

Hi Jean ^_^

 

 

Quote:
I can't get that song out of my head. "hungry like a wolf." Good 80's song. ARe you an occultist?

Nope ..

 

I am not ^_^'

 

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote:Dear

Hungry Wolf wrote:

Dear Atheistextremist  ^_^ :   
Quote:
Quote:
What I don't know is countless ..
Well, this is true
^_^

 

 

Quote:
of all of us, Hungry. Why can't you just accept there are some things that we don't know?

But I do accept that ^_^'

 

I know that many things theists don't know .. and many things atheists don't know .. and also many things science don't know ( or still to know ) ^_^

 

That is why I don't like to ask or discuss issues that atheists don't know .. what is the point if I ask you about something you don't know ..

In return, I like atheists to ask me about something I know .. not something beyond my knowledge ^_~

 

 

I hope I understand your point right ^_^'

 

 

Quote:
Why are you so eager to embrace assertions about the supernatural world that are unsupported by knowable facts?

^_^

 

 

1 - This so called 'supernatural world' is the basic of my believe ..

We don't call it supernatural world .. I don't know the exact translation, but we can call it world of unknowable ..

 

As a Muslim, you have to believe in the knowable world ( which is our ) .. and the unknowable world which cannot be measured by knowable facts ^_^

 The unknowable world include angels, heaven, hell, day of judgment, souls, resurrections, demons etc etc

 

 

2 - believing in god does NOT belong to believing in unknowable world .. You don't have to believe in unknowable world unless you believe in God existence ..

Believing in god existence can be achieved by some tools in knowable world .. To be precise, by the clear signs that God put them to point to his existence ..

 

So, let me ask you and the other atheists this question: What does it take to make you believe in God existence ?

** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) God shows himself, will you believe in him ? ( don't worry, he will not show himself ^_^ )

** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) the science was wrong about the age of the earth .. and what was said in all three holy books ( Torah / Gospel / Koran ) about of the age of the earth turned to be true, will you believe in his existence ?

** IF the earth turned to be flat not sphere, will you believe in his existence ?

 

I just want to know what does it take from atheist to believe in god existence ^_^

 

 

3 - would you please show how eager I am to embrace assertions about the supernatural world ( by giving examples from my replies ) ?  I don't see my self the way you described ^_^'

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

=======================

 

 

Dear robj ^_^ :

 

Quote:
So your believe the koran was written by a god

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Somebody help me plzzzzzzzzz 

 

 

I said :

5 - The Koran, which we Muslim follow, were NOT written by God or his angels

 

and I said:

 

I know ONLY one book that was written directly by God / or by his angels ...............  It was the Torah

 

So, Koran (my book) was NOT ( NOT NOT NOT ) written by God ..

Torah (book of Jews) is the one which was written directly ..

 

 

 

Quote:
yet admit this "prophecy" was given to a man, one man

First .. Koran is not prophecy !

Koran is the message .. words from god .. god's talk .. etc etc

 

This one man heard the Koran from God's angel : Gabriel  .. directly ..

 

Quote:
and then passed to his followers who were also men

yes ..

 

 

Quote:
who wrote all this down

yes ( most of verses were written during Mohammad's life ) ..

 

 

Quote:
The same as the christian god

1 - The Christian god ( The one they called the father ) is our god .. He is one god ..

 He is God of Jews .. He is god of Muslims too ..

 

 

2 - Jesus, peace be upon him, is prophet .. and we, Muslims, believe in Jesus and his prophecy ^_^

 

 

Quote:
can you explain why your god thinks women are lower life forms

My god does NOT think women are lower life forms !

 

Nor Muslims think women are lower life forms .. Nor Islam teach that women are lower life form !

 

From where did you get this idea O_o ?!

 

 

Quote:
why mohammed says dogs are unclean

Because they are ^_^

 

 

Quote:
dogs are dogs because we humans domesticated them and made them what they are today

hehehhehehhehehehehe

 

Dogs are dogs because God created them to be dogs not lions 

 

 

Quote:
  You don't think it's possible this mohammed was just a man with delusions

But yes !

 

Actually 95% of people back then thought the same way ^_~

 

and the Koran refute them all .. let see what they said about Mohammad ( and other prophets ) back then:

 

So remind [O Muhammad], for you are not, by the favor of your Lord, a soothsayer or a madman

Or do they say [of you], "A poet for whom we await a misfortune of time?"

Say, "Wait, for indeed I am, with you, among the waiters."

  

 

 

 

Ha, Meem.

By the clear Book,
Indeed, We sent it down during a blessed night. Indeed, We were to warn [mankind].
On that night is made distinct every precise matter -
[Every] matter [proceeding] from Us. Indeed, We were to send [a messenger]
As mercy from your Lord. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
Lord of the heavens and the earth and that between them, if you would be certain.
There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death. [He is] your Lord and the Lord of your first forefathers.
But they are in doubt, amusing themselves.
Then watch for the Day when the sky will bring a visible smoke.
Covering the people; this is a painful torment.
[They will say], "Our Lord, remove from us the torment; indeed, we are believers."
How will there be for them a reminder [at that time]? And there had come to them a clear Messenger.
Then they turned away from him and said, "[u][He was] taught [and is] a madman.[u]"
Indeed, We will remove the torment for a little. Indeed, you [disbelievers] will return [to disbelief].

 

 

 

And said, "Is it one human being among us that we should follow? Indeed, we would then be in error and madness.

Or do their minds command them to [say] this, or are they a transgressing people?

 

 

 

all these and more were said to all prophet of God, not only Mohammad ..

 

People never welcomed a prophet at beginning >_<

 

All prophets suffered their people disbelief .. They were insulted, they were beaten, they were tutored, and some were killed ..

 

Why do you think that a prophet is believed when he ask his people to worship god ?

 

So, the history of Mohammad, the events against disbelievers ( appear in disbelievers poems ) and many other show he wasn't a deluded man ..

 

and as I said, when Mohammad was sent at first, people said that he was crazy and liar .. even his direct uncle were following him telling people: the son of my brother (mu nephew) is crazy, so don't believe him ..

 

In short, you didn't came with something new ^_^

 

 

Quote:
who had very man like traits and passed them on in his "prophecy"?

I didn't understand this part ^_^'

 

 

Quote:
What is godlike about this "prophecy"?

What do you mean ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
What sets it apart from something a man might have written?

Aha .. You mean the Koran ^_^

 

Arabs were the best in language ^_^

 

Koran challenge all Arab to come up with something like it ^.^

 

Arabs told Mohammad that your Koran is a teach from other man, not from God ..

 

God said in Koran:  if this Koran is from Mohammad himself or from other man bring something like it, that is if you can ..

 

He told them: bring every single man and every single demon and work together to make something like this Koran .. it is a challenge ^_^

 

Yet no one did hehehhehehhehe

 

Disbelievers called Mohammad a sorcerer because once an Arabic man hear the Koran, he know it cannot be a say of human ..

 

The disbelievers want to call the Koran something to make people avoid it and not listen to it ..

 

They said:  we call it words of astrologer or fortune-teller ( I'm not sure about the exact word ^_^' )

The head of disbelievers said: No .. It's not .. You know how those people say unclear words and they mumble .. Whereas Mohammad Koran is very clear and obvious ..

 

They said: Then let us call it a poem ( since it's so musical ) ..

The head of disbelievers said: I know poem better than any body here .. Mohammad Koran in definitely not a poem ..

 

They said: What do you suggest then ?!

He said: Let us call it a magic .. Don't you say how does it affects people when they hear it ?

 

 

Then God told this event in the Koran and how this man, although he knew it cannot be from a human, he still call it a magic ..

 

 

 

Even the translation to other language cannot show how beautiful the Koran is or sounds .. Disbelievers liked to hear the Koran even though they insisted to stand against Mohammad and his message ..

 

Here is a link for you if you want to know how the Koran sounds like ^_^ :

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPtK-sD874

 

 

Quote:
Socially do you think muslims have not progressed enough or perhaps that they should not progress enough to not want to rape a woman because she is attractive?

Huh O_o !

 

Raping !

 

Muslims might commit adultery ( or want to commit adultery ) if a woman is attractive .. But raping !

 

I didn't understand your point clear enough .. but should I understand that western people haven't progressed enough since the rate of raping is extremely  high ( rape statics are miserable in US ) ..

 

 

Beside, what does Islam teaching has to do with Muslim behaviors ?

 

 

Quote:
Science is baffling to muslims

Yes it does ^_^

 

Because Muslims surrendered to science >_<

 

 

Quote:
  A thousand years ago if someone had approached another with a flashlight they would think it was "magic" and perhaps this man was a god or a prophet of a god

wrong ..

 

Because Muslims are the first who translated ( and allowed for translation ) of ancient Greek teachings .. That was one of their biggest mistakes ..

 

Only ignorant Muslims will think so .. Those who didn't seek teaches of Islam ( Uneducated Muslims you can say ) ^_^

 

Because educated Muslims do know that Mohammad was the seal of all prophets + magics are the doing of demons not god ^_~

 

 

Quote:
  Yet you claim science has no explanations

Flashlight is invention -_-

 

It's not an explanation -_-'

 

 

Quote:
  Evolution is so obvious

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

 

 

Quote:
Once again, you talk about not having explanations

yes ^_^

 

 

Quote:
but your explanations come down to what you "want" to be true just like every other religious person on the planet

wrong ^_^

 

Religions ( true religions from God ) doesn't explain much .. It just tell you how it is ^_^

 

 

For example .. religions ( holy books ) say God created the universe within 6 days .. God Doesn't tell us how he created .. or Why he created in 6 days ( he has a reason ) ..

 

God tells us sun is moving on daily bases .. He doesn't tell us how the sun moves ..

 

 

But if it turned out that suns moves ( not earth rotates ), then your science fails miserably ^_^

 

Don't you agree ^_^ ?

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

=====================

 

 

Dear Jean ^_^ :

 

 


Quote:
Hi Wolf

Hi Jean ^_^

 

 

Quote:
I can't get that song out of my head. "hungry like a wolf." Good 80's song. ARe you an occultist?

Nope ..

 

I am not ^_^'

 

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 

Someone with more patience than I will have to debate with you. You are fairly typical of a muslim ignoring points and passing off things that are obvious bs. Not to mention the convulted manner in which you format your posts.

I might respond to this later but I have to go to work in a few.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: We did

stuntgibbon wrote:

 We did learn something, though. Jean Chauvin's god may smack balls. I always sorta figured they were into the rough stuff.

 

bahahahaha

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


HumanVuvuzela
atheist
HumanVuvuzela's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2011-04-24
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:  Evolution is so

 Quote:

  Evolution is so obvious

 

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

If evolution turned out to be wrong, I'd be seeking evidence for a theory that adequately explained the numerous examples of modification by descent that we see in the natural world today. If (and it's a BIG if) evolution was shown to be false, that wouldn't automatically mean that the explanation of a supernatural creator would be true. I would be seeking empirical evidence that a god existed - have you got any? Evidence? 

 

   Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

 

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

   And yet have a look at the length of your post! You're certainly giving explaining stupidity a pretty good go! 

 

 


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
HumanVuvuzela

HumanVuvuzela wrote:

 Quote:

  Evolution is so obvious

 

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

If evolution turned out to be wrong, I'd be seeking evidence for a theory that adequately explained the numerous examples of modification by descent that we see in the natural world today. If (and it's a BIG if) evolution was shown to be false, that wouldn't automatically mean that the explanation of a supernatural creator would be true. I would be seeking empirical evidence that a god existed - have you got any? Evidence? 

 

   Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

 

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

   And yet have a look at the length of your post! You're certainly giving explaining stupidity a pretty good go! 

 

 

Sure, if evolution were false I would look for another explanation and I wouldn't bar a god from being that explanation. However the evidence for evolution is undeniable unlike your "god". You can't wish it away. You can't want away the evidence for it and you can't want away what you see with your own eyes. Do I have to give you the long explanation of evolution and how it works? I can and I can do it in a layman fashion for you but I assume you have already looked into it and can only be in denial of the very tangible evidence presented.

What does the length of a post have to do with stupidity? I would be more prone to accuse someone who made such a statement to be the "stupid" one.

"hehehehehe"

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:HumanVuvuzela

robj101 wrote:

HumanVuvuzela wrote:

 Quote:

  Evolution is so obvious

 

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

If evolution turned out to be wrong, I'd be seeking evidence for a theory that adequately explained the numerous examples of modification by descent that we see in the natural world today. If (and it's a BIG if) evolution was shown to be false, that wouldn't automatically mean that the explanation of a supernatural creator would be true. I would be seeking empirical evidence that a god existed - have you got any? Evidence? 

 

   Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

 

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

   And yet have a look at the length of your post! You're certainly giving explaining stupidity a pretty good go! 

 

 

Sure, if evolution were false I would look for another explanation and I wouldn't bar a god from being that explanation. However the evidence for evolution is undeniable unlike your "god". You can't wish it away. You can't want away the evidence for it and you can't want away what you see with your own eyes. Do I have to give you the long explanation of evolution and how it works? I can and I can do it in a layman fashion for you but I assume you have already looked into it and can only be in denial of the very tangible evidence presented.

What does the length of a post have to do with stupidity? I would be more prone to accuse someone who made such a statement to be the "stupid" one.

"hehehehehe"

Uh oh - you just gave a third option (searching for new explanations based on the evidence). That doesn't work well for folks like Wolf and presup. There's only so much you can do with a binary thought process.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:robj101

jcgadfly wrote:

robj101 wrote:

HumanVuvuzela wrote:

 Quote:

  Evolution is so obvious

 

hehehehehehehhe

 

IF ( just assume in your wildest dreams ) that evolution turned to be wrong .. Will you believe in God ( just assume )

 

 

If evolution turned out to be wrong, I'd be seeking evidence for a theory that adequately explained the numerous examples of modification by descent that we see in the natural world today. If (and it's a BIG if) evolution was shown to be false, that wouldn't automatically mean that the explanation of a supernatural creator would be true. I would be seeking empirical evidence that a god existed - have you got any? Evidence? 

 

   Quote:
I didn't need much of an explanation to understand the basics of how it works

 

No body need much explanation about stupidity ^_~

   And yet have a look at the length of your post! You're certainly giving explaining stupidity a pretty good go! 

 

 

Sure, if evolution were false I would look for another explanation and I wouldn't bar a god from being that explanation. However the evidence for evolution is undeniable unlike your "god". You can't wish it away. You can't want away the evidence for it and you can't want away what you see with your own eyes. Do I have to give you the long explanation of evolution and how it works? I can and I can do it in a layman fashion for you but I assume you have already looked into it and can only be in denial of the very tangible evidence presented.

What does the length of a post have to do with stupidity? I would be more prone to accuse someone who made such a statement to be the "stupid" one.

"hehehehehe"

Uh oh - you just gave a third option (searching for new explanations based on the evidence). That doesn't work well for folks like Wolf and presup. There's only so much you can do with a binary thought process.

lol, the thing is there is no option. Saying evolution is false is like saying we don't breath oxygen.

Hungry apparently think's his god created "dogs".. that's nice. I'm pretty sure my little mix breed dog was not "created" by a god, He could have said his god created wolves but people domesticated some wolves and molded them into the "dogs" we have today. His god says dogs are "unclean" ...they are unclean and his god created them in his eyes ..lol same with swine.

"I shall create these animals and some shall be unclean and you should not touch or eat them only kill them" Yea rational.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
I was still in his

I was still in his hypothetical world and his TI-99 way of thinking.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I was still

jcgadfly wrote:

I was still in his hypothetical world and his TI-99 way of thinking.

Yea it's what they "want".

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:jcgadfly

robj101 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

I was still in his hypothetical world and his TI-99 way of thinking.

Yea it's what they "want".

That wolf guy is one of the posters I always skip, he's either a very bad poe, or a very uninteresting theist... either way, I have no patience for anyone that's that closed minded.  It's like arguing with a solipsist.  There's absolutely no way to make an argument against that sort of 'philosophy'.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:robj101

Ktulu wrote:

robj101 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

I was still in his hypothetical world and his TI-99 way of thinking.

Yea it's what they "want".

That wolf guy is one of the posters I always skip, he's either a very bad poe, or a very uninteresting theist... either way, I have no patience for anyone that's that closed minded.  It's like arguing with a solipsist.  There's absolutely no way to make an argument against that sort of 'philosophy'.

Yea the difference I notice when arguing with a muslim vs a christian the muslims will pretty much come out and let you know it is what they want to believe and as you say you can't argue a lot with that kind of thinking. They deny evidence rather try to argue it. It's not even a circle it's like a half circle on a loop or a scratched record that skips over and over. 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:It's not even

robj101 wrote:

It's not even a circle it's like a half circle on a loop or a scratched record that skips over and over. 

hehe, I like that Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hi Hungry

Hungry Wolf wrote:

Dear Atheistextremist  ^_^ :   

Quote:
Why are you so eager to embrace assertions about the supernatural world that are unsupported by knowable facts?

^_^

 

 

1 - This so called 'supernatural world' is the basic of my believe ..

We don't call it supernatural world .. I don't know the exact translation, but we can call it world of unknowable ..

 

 

Could you please outline in detail some facts you know about the world of the unknowable. What you are saying sounds like total bullshit to me. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote:... we

Hungry Wolf wrote:
... we can call it world of unknowable ...

Then there's nothing to talk about... 

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Hungry Wolf
Hungry Wolf's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2008-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Dear robj

Dear robj ^_^

 

 

Quote:
Someone with more patience than I will have to debate with you


It's up to you ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  You are fairly typical of a muslim ignoring points and passing off things that are obvious


hehehehehheheheeh

 

Who knows ^_~

 

 

I think you have no idea about my other topic

 

 

Quote:
Not to mention the convulted manner in which you format your posts


Gladly I said In my very first post: Please don't comment on my style or format ^_~

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

============================

 

 

Dear HumanVuvuzela ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
If evolution turned out to be wrong, I'd be seeking evidence for a theory that adequately explained the numerous examples of modification by descent that we see in the natural world today


Fair enough ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  If (and it's a BIG if)


Don't worry .. I'm not arguing that evolution is wrong or trying to argue  .. Assume what ever you want ^_^

 

 

Quote:
evolution was shown to be false, that wouldn't automatically mean that the explanation of a supernatural creator would be true


That is absolutely right ^_^

 

Fail of evolution does NOT necessarily mean God created the world ^_^

 

Hence, I asked couple of questions up there to see what does it take for an atheist to believe in God .. Would you answer those questions please ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  I would be seeking empirical evidence that a god existed


Fair enough ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  have you got any? Evidence?


I only have what God said about nature as evidence ( which is NOT acceptable for you ) ..

 

For example .. He said The earth is flat ( which clearly contradicts with scientific facts the earth is a spherical planet which rotates around its axis bla bla bla ) ..

 

So, If ( and just if ) the earth happened to be flat not sphere .. Does what God say gives him credits or points ?

 

Does a flat earth ( while other celestial bodies are spheres ) make you believe in God ?

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

=======================

 

 

Dear robj ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
Sure, if evolution were false I would look for another explanation and I wouldn't bar a god from being that explanation


Fair enough ^_^

 

 

Quote:
However the evidence for evolution is undeniable unlike your "god"


Yes I understand ..

 

I am not debating about the evolution or God existence .. I merely answer questions ^_^'

 

As I said, I just want to know what does it take you to believe in God .. Answer the questions addressed above please ^_^

 

 

Quote:
You can't wish it away


I didn't say I will ^_^

 

However, don't be so sure ^_~

 

 

Quote:
  You can't want away the evidence for it and you can't want away what you see with your own eyes


If I can take you sphere earth down, I easily can destroy the whole science of evolution ^_^

 

I'm saying IF .. IFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ....

 

 

^_~

 

 

Quote:
  Do I have to give you the long explanation of evolution and how it works?


No ^_^

 

You don't have too ^_^

 

 

Quote:
I can and I can do it in a layman fashion for you


No need ^_^

 

 

Quote:
but I assume you have already looked into it


Of course I did !

 

 

Quote:
and can only be in denial of the very tangible evidence presented


^_^

 

 

Quote:
What does the length of a post have to do with stupidity?


Ask Vuvu .. He was the one who said that ^_^

 

 

Quote:
I would be more prone to accuse someone who made such a statement to be the "stupid" one


^_^

 

 

 

 

 

=====================

 

 

Dear icg ^_^



Quote:
Uh oh - you just gave a third option

So ^_^ ?

 
 
If I wouldn't accept a third option, I would say: If evolution turned to be false, all you atheists have to submit to God ..
 

 
However, I didn't say that ^_~
 
 

 
Quote:
(searching for new explanations based on the evidence)


Typical ^_^
 

 
And that is way I don't aim to take evolution down ..
 

 
My Aim is to take the the scientific methods down .. So I'll show you that all your knowledge which is based on physical and materialistic evidences are nothing but craps ^.^
 

I aiming to take the humanity knowledge down ^________^

 



 
If this was case ( and I'm saying IF .. I did NOT say I managed to do that ), searching for an alternative explanation will be a waste of time ^_~
 
 

 

Quote:
That doesn't work well for folks like Wolf


Wrong ^_^
 

 
A third options is acceptable for me ^_^

 
I can easily understand such behavior .. I wouldn't be surprised ^_~
 
 

 
Quote:
There's only so much you can do with a binary thought process


^_^
 

 
 
 
 
^_^

 
 
 
 
 
 
==============================
 

 
 
Dear robj ^_^ :

 

Quote:
lol, the thing is there is no option


I know you believe that .. Hence, I asked my question ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  Saying evolution is false is like saying we don't breath oxygen


Fair enough ..

 

As I said, it was just an assumption which doesn't mean any thing ^_^

 

So, would you please answer the questions about God shows himself etc etc ..

 

Also, take it as assumption and NOT something will happen ^_^

 

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote: If I can

Hungry Wolf wrote:
If I can take you sphere earth down, I easily can destroy the whole science of evolution ^_^

So, you're just waiting for all the other theists who also claim they can single handedly take down modern science, to get to the Nobel Prize, and become immortalized text book material in classrooms all over the world, before you?

 

Let's just say 'I fucking doubt it'...

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Hungry Wolf
Hungry Wolf's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2008-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Dear robj ^_^

Dear robj ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
They deny evidence rather try to argue it. It's not even a circle it's like a half circle on a loop or a scratched record that skips over and over

^_^

 

 

Would you show me then your ability in this thread :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

==========================

 

 

Dear Atheistextremist ^_^

 

 

 

Quote:
Could you please outline in detail some facts you know about the world of the unknowable

No .. of course I cannot ^_^'

 

There are no facts about unknowable world .. There is only belief ..

 

So, There is no point in outlining any details about this belief .. This belief is not apply to you since you don't  believe in God existence ..

 

All what we know about unknowable worlds is what God said about it ..

 

You don't believe in god ==> The unknowable world is meaningless ==> You shouldn't be interested in hearing about it ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  What you are saying sounds like total bullshit to me

That what it should be !

 

It should be a total bull**** to you .. Don't worry about it ^_^

 

As I told you before .. You should take from me/ or argue with me what I prove 'scientifically' .. Not what my belief says ^_~

 

Unless it's a matter of chit-chat .. Then I would be more than happy to fill you with details ^_^

 

 

Let us concentrate on what does take you to believe in God my dear Atheistextremist   ^_^

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

======================

 

 

Dear  redneF ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
Quote:
... we can call it world of unknowable ...

Then there's nothing to talk about...

And may I ask who said that we have to talk about the unknowable world that cannot be supported by any facts or evidences or cannot be measured  ?

 

 

Oh people .. I didn't come to tell you to believe in unknowable world .. Nor I came to force you to believe in what I believe in !

 

My message is clear .. I'm against your science .. You are against my belief ..

 

There is no argument about belief .. So, let us argue about your science ~

 

Science claims earth is 4 billion years old .. Theists are telling it's less than 15 thousand ( more or less ) years old ..

 

If ( and I'm saying IF ) the earth was flat ( again .. imagine it in your wildest dream ), does this mean the age of the earth is still 4 billion years ?

If this age is applied on the Flat Earth too .. Does science support the creation of Flat celestial body from the big bang ?

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 


 

 

 

Ja ne ~


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote: So,

Hungry Wolf wrote:


 

So, would you please answer the questions about God shows himself etc etc ..

 

Also, take it as assumption and NOT something will happen ^_^

 

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 

What was the question ?

An observation, you, like many, apparently think the koran is divine because someone can speak it in a sing song voice? And you want to argue against science?

No I'm not going to argue flat earth with anyone, that's silly. We have satellites up there taking pictures, if you haven't seen them or are in denial then that's the cause.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote: Dear

Hungry Wolf wrote:

 

Dear Atheistextremist ^_^

 

Quote:
Could you please outline in detail some facts you know about the world of the unknowable

No .. of course I cannot ^_^'

 

There are no facts about unknowable world .. There is only belief ..

 

So, There is no point in outlining any details about this belief .. This belief is not apply to you since you don't  believe in God existence ..

 

All what we know about unknowable worlds is what God said about it ..

 

You don't believe in god ==> The unknowable world is meaningless ==> You shouldn't be interested in hearing about it ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  What you are saying sounds like total bullshit to me

That what it should be !

 

It should be a total bull**** to you .. Don't worry about it ^_^

 

As I told you before .. You should take from me/ or argue with me what I prove 'scientifically' .. Not what my belief says ^_~

 

Unless it's a matter of chit-chat .. Then I would be more than happy to fill you with details ^_^

 

 

Let us concentrate on what does take you to believe in God my dear Atheistextremist   ^_^

 

 

 

 

It's hard to imagine this pitch summarises thus: "It's not true unless you believe it". 

How could a sensible person dish this up and expect to be taken seriously?

I think it's pretty obvious that humans are completely stupid. 

Sending rockets to mars seeking life while hundreds of species on earth go extinct. 

It makes sense we'd be stupid enough to invent a god, too. 

 

P.S. Hungry, could you at least inform us of some of the things god said about the unknowable world, please? Something other than jewel encrusted divans and rivers of honey and wine, if you could.

I really would be keen to know at least one fact about some aspect of the unknowable world that cannot be found here on earth. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
 I just want to know what

 I just want to know what happens when people get to the edge of the flat earth, got any pics of that? 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
HUNGRY WOLF

Oliver Sacks, if I am not wrong, wrote about something like the medical cases you are discussing about.

If the three points above would happen to me, I would not become a believer.
Also, hungry wolf: why did you not answer to me in the sapient's thread about the 89 questions? Do you really believe in a flat earth? (you say you do it from around 2005, right?)


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I just want

robj101 wrote:

 I just want to know what happens when people get to the edge of the flat earth, got any pics of that? 

Lol. They fall off the edge, duh! There's no pics cause they all fell off.

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Hungry Wolf
Hungry Wolf's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2008-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Dear redenF ^_^ :Quote: So,

Dear redenF ^_^ :



Quote:
So, you're just waiting for all the other theists who also claim they can single handedly take down modern science


Waiting for whom ?! Theists  ?!


Theists have fallen in love with science >_<


You might found theists who wants to take part of science down ( big bang or evolution ) .. but not the whole science nor the scientific methods !



Quote:
to get to the Nobel Prize


Huh !


Theists are aiming for Noble Prize !


What a shame >_<


Noble Prize are for clowns .. It's a shame that they aim for such worthless thing >_<


Nope .. I'm different ^_^


My aim is clear .. This world must be REBORN ^_~



Quote:
and become immortalized text book material in classrooms all over the world, before you?


 Huh !


I'm not sure what are you talking about .. but if I brought the science down, I hope there will be no more schools or universities ..


What do you want to teach in schools or universities if all humans' knowledge is crap ?!

 


Quote:
Let's just say 'I fucking doubt it'


I think you should use disbelieve or challenge instead of using doubt .. doubt is < 100 %


Disbelieve / challenge = 100 % you are sure it wouldn't happen ^_~





^_^





=====================



Dear robj ^_^ :



Quote:
What was the question ?


Those were the questions :


So, let me ask you and the other atheists this question: What does it take to make you believe in God existence ?


** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) God shows himself, will you believe in him ? ( don't worry, he will not show himself ^_^ )


** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) the science was wrong about the age of the earth .. and what was said in all three holy books ( Torah / Gospel / Koran ) about of the age of the earth turned to be true, will you believe in his existence ?


** IF the earth turned to be flat not sphere, will you believe in his existence ?


 

I just want to know what does it take from atheist to believe in god existence ^_^




Quote:
An observation, you, like many, apparently think the koran is divine because someone can speak it in a sing song voice?


hehehehehehehehehehehehehe


No hehehehehehehehehe


It's musical .. That's why any body can speak it with a sing song voice heheheheh


Because it has rhythm ^_^



It is hard to explain since you are not Arabic .. If you at least know how Arabic poems are, you can see the difference between the Koran and the poems ..


God always challenge human in what they are good at ..


For Moses peace be upon him ( prophet of Jews ),  he was sent to ancient Egyptians who where the best at magic ..


Magics are tricks for eyes that demons do on behave of sorcerers .. So, Moses miracles was the real things not magic ..

For example, a sorcerer would through a rope and by the magic you will see it a snake .. However, it's only a vision .. The rope is still a rope although you see it as snake ..
 

( Just like the famous magician these days )


Moses will through his rod and it will turn to a real snake !


He wasn't doing tricks ^.^




For Jesus peace be upon him, his people were the best in medicine at that time ..

So, Jesus miracles was reviving the dead and creating birds ..



For Mohammad peace be upon him, Arabs were the best in language ( linguistics ) as I said ..
So his main miracles was the Koran to challenge the Arabs ..


The Koran is a reference for the grammar, metaphor, sentence's construction, the best way to use a word, and variety of spectacular words .. It has really more than that but I'm short of vocabulary regarding this issue ^_^'



Now, I'm just telling you why it's divine .. for non-Arabic, they cannot distinguish .. Hence, God didn't only  prove his existence through Koran .. He proves his existence through his creations such as sky and earth ..


Again, I'm just answering what is so divine about Koran .. I'm NOT saying Koran is the only way to know God ..



Quote:
And you want to argue against science?


Yes of course ^_^



Quote:
No I'm not going to argue flat earth with anyone


Up to you ^_^



Quote:
  that's silly


As you like ^_^



Quote:
We have satellites up there taking pictures


Yes I know ^_^



Quote:
  if you haven't seen them or are in denial then that's the cause


No .. I've seen them + I don't deny them ..


I just have explanations ^_^




^_^





========================



Dear Atheistextremist  ^_^ :



Quote:
It's hard to imagine this pitch summarises thus: "It's not true unless you believe it"


I did not understand what you mean ^_^'



Quote:
How could a sensible person dish this up and expect to be taken seriously?


I did not get this too ^_^'


Which point exactly are you talking about ?



Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that humans are completely stupid


hehehehehhehehehehe



Quote:
Sending rockets to mars seeking life while hundreds of species on earth go extinct


^_^



Quote:
It makes sense we'd be stupid enough to invent a god, too


Now, about 'inventing' god ..


I can easily understand and accept the claim that religious people / leaders invented the idea of god to spread fear among their people in order to have full control or force them to obey ..


But what I cannot understand is why every single nation or clan on earth in ancient times reach the same idea although, for some, there was no connections with other civilizations !


Old civilizations in America / Japanese / Chinese  / Indians - ancient Egyptians -  ancient Greeks - Babylonians / and ancient civilizations and clans in Arab peninsula .. All of those knew God / demons / angels ..

Some were isolated like Japanese .. Yet they knew too ..

 

How can this be concluded or invented by all nations on the earth if they didn't get this idea from one source ?!

 

 

Quote:
  P.S. Hungry

Yes my dear ^_^

 

 

Quote:
could you at least inform us of some of the things god said about the unknowable world, please?

Absolutely ^.^

 

 

Quote:
Something other than jewel encrusted divans and rivers of honey and wine, if you could

I know many other things .. But I know you don't like torture stories ^_^'

 

 

Well, I'm not sure what are you looking for ( happy ending / bad ending ) stories .. But let us talk about the life after death ( before the Last Day ) ^_^

 

When someone is put into his grave and people through the sand over him, he would hear their footsteps as they leave ..

 

Two angels will come to him asking him three questions : Who is your God ?  What is your religions ? Who is your prophet ?

 

Some ( like Muslims / Christians / Jews ) will answer : My God is Allah ( Yehaw or I don't know what the Hebrew call him ) .. Religion is bla bla .. Prophet is bla bla ..

 

Then a window toward hell will open to show him his place if he wasn't answer the questions .. And then it will be closed and another window will open toward heaven to show him his place .. He would shout : O God let the hour comes ( The hour = the Last day / the day of judgment ) ..

He then will live happily moments in the grave .. Meeting with good-smell good-looking person ( which is the image or representations of his good deeds ) ..

 

 

 

For disbelievers / pagans / invalid religions, they would say: huh huh .. I was saying like what other people say .. Then the Angels will scold him , Showing him his place in heaven if he was a believer, and show him his place of hell .. And they hit him with a steel hammer and he will scream in such way all creature will hear his scream of pain except humans and demons / jennes ..

Then a bad-smell ugly person will come to him telling him I'm your bad deeds .. He will be tortured all the period tell the day of judgment comes ..

 

 

Now .. All this cannot be measured or sensed .. If you opened a tomb or a grave you will find it normal as it is ..

 

 

The 3D movie 'Christmas Carol' talks about this issue ( but of course from Christians point of view ) ..

 

 

As for the heaven .. The biggest reward is not the river of wine or honey .. nor the virgins or the palaces .. The biggest reward is the honor to see the God ^.^

Once a week, people of heaven will see Allah's face  ..

 

For the people of hell .. They will not see the face of God even in the eternal life ..

 

( Even the angels cannot see the God ) ..

 

 

Do you want to know something else ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
I really would be keen to know at least one fact about some aspect of the unknowable world that cannot be found here on earth

Is this enough for you ^_^ ?

 

Even old stories that nobody knows about it are considered from the unknown world ..

( I've seen some translation call it unseen world )

 

 

Ask me all the questions you want my dear Atheistextremist ^_^

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

============================

 

 

Dear robj ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
  I just want to know what happens when people get to the edge of the flat earth

 

The same thing that happens when you get to the edge of the universe / outer-space ^_^

 

 

Quote:
  got any pics of that?

Nope ^_^

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

========================

 

 

Dear luca ^_^ :

 

 

Quote:
HUNGRY WOLF

Yes ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
Oliver Sacks, if I am not wrong, wrote about something like the medical cases you are discussing about

So ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
If the three points above would happen to me, I would not become a believer

First .. Thank you for your answer .. The other members haven't answered yet >_<

 

 

Second .. Even seeing God !

Wow !

 

At the end, it's your decision ^_^

 

 

Quote:
Also, hungry wolf

Yes ^_^ ?

 

 

Quote:
why did you not answer to me in the sapient's thread about the 89 questions?

Sapient thread ? You mean the Questions about God ?

 

I left that thread long time ago ^_^'

 

I'm not checking or following ^_^'

 

Dear Butterbattle took me to another thread ^_^

 

Anyway .. I apologize for such behavior ^_^'

 

What was your question (s) ?

 

 

Quote:
Do you really believe in a flat earth? (you say you do it from around 2005, right?)

Yes .. I do believe in Flat Earth .. I believe the Earth is FLAT no sphere nor a planet ^_^

 

 

( Was this your question ? )

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

===================

 

 

Dear Butter ^_^

 

 

How have you been !

 

 

Quote:
Lol. They fall off the edge, duh! There's no pics cause they all fell off

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ja ne ~

 


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Hungry Wolf wrote: I'm not

Hungry Wolf wrote:
I'm not sure what are you talking about .. but if I brought the science down, I hope there will be no more schools or universities ..

Just move to the Middle East. It's easier.

Hungry Wolf wrote:
What do you want to teach in schools or universities if all humans' knowledge is crap ?!

Just the basics.

How to make money, how to talk the panties off the hottest women, and how to make their eyes roll into the back of their heads...

 


 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Evidence suggests

 

Hungry Wolf wrote:

 

Ask me all the questions you want my dear Atheistextremist ^_^

 

 

this will be fruitless...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
And another thing, Hungry.

 

Your titanic, swirling posts, filling huge space and offering nothing, are the work of the horned one. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
chkchkchk

Quote:
Second .. Even seeing God !

Wow !

At the end, it's your decision ^_^


No, it isn't. What could mean that "god" manifests in front of me? Nothing! Being it supernatural I cannot be sure it's true! Any other possible explanation should be considered first. So it is not a choice because 1)it's illogical 2)it's a univocal conclusion based on everything I know. There's no space for choice.

Concisely the question where these:

How a religion could be better than science? You seem to equate science to religion...

Could you motive your belief in a flat earth?

Quote:
I've noticed that people can be classified into three groups

It's not really very polite...

It seems also that you support death penalty, am I right?

why a god (allah, in your case) would need to put a challenge?

And why do you challenge us by telling us to not ask you about allah's existence?


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
He admitted satellites are

He admitted satellites are up there taking pictures . . .how can you say something is "orbiting" a flat object? Is this a video game? Does he think watching the earth rotate from space is a trick or something? Surely he has to be just trying to fuck with people's heads no one is really this stupid ..or are they?

The moon is orbiting a flat thing? What is this silly shit. Oh wait I suppose that's flat too and the stars are a painted canopy lol.

He is amazed the koran sounds like it has "rhythm", has he ever listened to a baptist preacher preach?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
HAHAHAHA!!!

Hungry Wolf wrote:
So, let me ask you and the other atheists this question: What does it take to make you believe in God existence ?

Simple.

Evidence. Put up or shut up.

Hungry Wolf wrote:
** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) God shows himself, will you believe in him ? ( don't worry, he will not show himself ^_^ )

If you're deity showed itself, I would surely believe in it's existence (or my apparent insanity at seeing imaginary entities) and I would know that my fight was not against earthly tyrants alone. With solid evidence, I would believe in it's existence but I would never worship it and I would spend my whole existence fighting against that supernatural tyranny as I have in my life fighting against real ones.

Hungry Wolf wrote:
** IF ( and I'm saying IF ) the science was wrong about the age of the earth .. and what was said in all three holy books ( Torah / Gospel / Koran ) about of the age of the earth turned to be true, will you believe in his existence ?

Not necessarily, as a source can make multiple claims with some being true and some being false. If the age of the earth could be shown to be much younger then the current scientific understanding, then I wouldn't rule out anything as long as it fit with the evidence available. As the books named above make many other factually incorrect statements, I can't see that one thing would be reason enough to believe them on all counts, but I would not discount them if enough evidence was shown to corroborate their claims.

But, as the earth can be shown to be much older then the usual young-earth creationist crowd claims, this isn't something that we need to worry about.

Hungry Wolf wrote:
** IF the earth turned to be flat not sphere, will you believe in his existence ?

It isn't. Sorry, but the fables were wrong on that one along with many of their other fanciful claims. Check and mate.

Now, why don't you try and offer some evidence for these claims and not the tired old "the sky and earth exist, and I'm not smart enough to figure out how it came about, THEREFORE GODDIDIT!!!"

Or would that child raping scumbag Muhammad not morally approve of collecting evidence that proved he was a loony?

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Hungry, why do you think

Hungry, why do you think there is a conspiracy to destroy all photos from satellites or other space craft that would clearly show the earth to be flat? It is was, it would be obvious in all photos not take from a point close to directly above the center.

And how can the Sun be well above the horizon in one place on earth, and well below it, ie night, at the same time in another place? This can be personally checked by anyone with Skype and a friend in another country.

And why would Earth be different to all the other planets, which can be seen to be spherical through any home telescope, at least for the larger/closer ones? And pro telescopes can see all of them, of course.

And why has no-one got any photos of the edge??

And why do things alway fall straight down to the surface everywhere we go? This can only happen on a spherical earth, where the 'center of mass' is always in that direction.

Why would you think a flat earth makes more sense than a spherical one? Have you never travelled on a long flight?

I doubt you can be serious, of course...

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
I think I found out Presups real identity!

I think I found a video of Presuppositionalist's college days!

"The power of spitty-slurpy is all around us! Where's your precious gravity now, Professor?"

I love the Upright Citizen's Brigade as much as I love Monty Python, Mr. Show and The Kids in the Hall when it comes to awesome sketch comedy! Satire FTW!

Remember kids, just say no to Supercool!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!