'Don't Say Gay' Bill in Tennessee

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
'Don't Say Gay' Bill in Tennessee

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42722103#42722103

A law to prohibit teachers from discussing gay issues with children in Kindergarten through 8th grade.

I agree.

Children that young should not be discussing sexual issues with their teachers... especially in the bible belt.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi,This

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi,

This is funny. lol. Rednef as an untrained  sore loser (I killed him in 2 debates so he's still in his temper tantrums in his responses to me), then he uses logic incorrectly and one says good job? I guess that's what atheists do, the blind leading the blind.

Also, Roman Catholicism is not Christian, it's atheistic. since they worship a false god, they do not believe in the true God via fiducia, thus making them atheist. Thus if it is the Roman Pagans that are molesters in 2020, it would be via atheism.

Fun Stuff. Though cool cars. I am a car guy. 1963 Corvette with the double paned window in the back was my car. Alone with the 71 Must.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

1st: logic and religion are mutually exclusive. You lost before you started, you just aren't smart or logical enough to realise it.

2nd: ALL gods are false gods, therefore YOU are an atheist by your own argument. lol

*shakes head*

Too easy.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brave New Book Cover

Sandycane wrote:

marcusfish wrote:
On Brave New World, I thought their approach to sex was much more reasonable than the standard US approach to sex. My personal opinion. Their society was designed around the species - ours is designed around... I don't even know... the bible?

Mass sterilization and ovary harvesting sounds reasonable to you? Their society was built around technology. Just like ours is now.

Impressive depth of understanding, as always Sandy.

Did you happen to glance at the book beyond the first chapter? The book was about a dystopian society complete with social standards toward reproduction, sex, class, fear of death... it was a rather indepth study of an entire social structure Sandy. How you manage to sum that entire piece up into "build around technology" is impressive. How you further manage to compare that society to modern US society is truly baffling. Granted, you aren't the only person on this thread who made such a dim witted breakdown but you were the one who said it to me directly.

I usually skim past your responses to avoid getting into this inane babble with you but you changed your avatar and I was in the process of reading a response from you before I realized it was you. That's what I get for depending on visual cues and not actually checking names.

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Argument over!  There is

Argument over!  There is no need to say gay.  The point is moot...just ask George Tekai!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think sex should be

I think sex should be de-villainised. Fact of the matter is that MOST adults have no interest in sex with children. Assuming otherwise, and isolating children from adults where sex is an issue, is a mistake. Kids need to learn how things work, and adults need to be able to feel free to discuss it without having to worry about jail or a lawsuit. There`s no such thing as something a child can`t understand if they`re taught the prerequisites. There's also often a lack of supervision of kids when there is a chance they can be naked, just because of that chance and this weird assumption that every adult wants to screw them.

Now there is a danger, obviously, so it must be addressed. But not to the point children aren't being protected from bullies in the shower at gym class, and not to the point that kids are 14 and sexually active before they get sex ed in school. And not to the point where 12 and 14 year olds are ending up on sex registries as violent sex criminals for their entire lives.

Kids need to learn at an early age to report to people if someone is doing anything, and that needs to be reinforced through all of society. They need to be instructed on the dangers as early as 4 or 5 (or earlier), and it should be a continuous education. Every few months they get a reminder.

Sex ed itself should start by 7 or 8. At 9 kids are hitting puberty, and it's too late for some. Parents who don't like it need to stfu, because it's not about them, it's about protecting kids from themselves and weird assholes. They need to know the real consequences.

And some freedom needs to be given to children to do what they're going to do.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
If a kid has a question

If a kid has a question about gayness, the reply can be summed up in four little words: "That shit ain't right"

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein