superman and jesus

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
superman and jesus

"I've always felt that the origin of Superman is the story of Moses -- the child sent on a ship to fulfill a destiny," said Singer, a producer on the upcoming X-Men: First Class. "And this was a story about Christ -- it's all about sacrifice: The world, I hear their cries. So what happens? He gets the knife in the side and later he falls to the earth in the shape of a crucifix. It was kind of nailing you on the head, but I enjoyed that, because I've always found the myth of Christ compelling and moving. So I hoped to do my own take, which is heavy s--- for a summer movie."-Bryan Singer, director/producer of "Superman Returns" the big fail movie.

Superman and jeebus, who'da thunk it.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since when is a basket a

Since when is a basket a ship lol I just caught that.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Google Dr. Robert M. Price,

Google Dr. Robert M. Price, and see if you can find any of his "Bible Geek" podcasts. When I listened regularly a couple years ago, he would often make connections between Superman and Jesus. I think he may even have a book with a title something to that effect. He certainly does have "The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man", which is an awesome title.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Google Dr.

natural wrote:

Google Dr. Robert M. Price, and see if you can find any of his "Bible Geek" podcasts. When I listened regularly a couple years ago, he would often make connections between Superman and Jesus. I think he may even have a book with a title something to that effect. He certainly does have "The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man", which is an awesome title.

Yea thats a good title.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:natural

robj101 wrote:

natural wrote:

Yea thats a good title.

I did wiki him btw, took about 2 seconds to realize I already know a bit about him. I might look into one of his books. I need a few more reasonable books to prop up these bibles I have /cough

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not so much that they

It's not so much that they are really connected, but are born out of human narcissism. We want so badly to be important our myths, gods and comic books reflect the heros we dream up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:It's not so

Brian37 wrote:

It's not so much that they are really connected, but are born out of human narcissism. We want so badly to be important our myths, gods and comic books reflect the heros we dream up.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.