Bolivian's new law - "Law of Mother"

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Bolivian's new law - "Law of Mother"

It's about time ! They should have that law here !   www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/bolivi 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
There was a problem with the Link

Every time that I post a link, a little screen pops up,that states that there was a problem with the link ? so I clicked the x to get on with the post, anyway try this    www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/bolivi, still not working ? I give up !

Signature ? How ?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
is this it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/bolivias-law-of-mother-earth_n_848966.html

The links you posted didn't have all of the letters.  You need to be sure to highlight the entire link, not just the portion you can see.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everyone and everything has

Everyone and everything has 'rights' but no one has any responsibilites.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Everyone and

EXC wrote:

Everyone and everything has 'rights' but no one has any responsibilites.

Responsibilities accompany rights. Why is it that when people talk about "not wanting to pay for someone else's <x that they can't afford>" they usually mean "I don't want to have to pay for mine either (even though I can)"?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: didn't have all of the letters

Hi cj ! Thanks for fixing that link, but I have a question that you probally can answer for me. " Where can I find the whole link ? I have always (since my computer days) been using the link on top of the page ? is there another place to look ? 

Signature ? How ?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  Hi cj !

Ken G. wrote:

Hi cj ! Thanks for fixing that link, but I have a question that you probally can answer for me. " Where can I find the whole link ? I have always (since my computer days) been using the link on top of the page ? is there another place to look ? 

No, the link on the top of the page is the link, the whole link.  Nothing but the link. 

What I was trying to say was be sure you have highlighted all of it.  Long links may not show all of the letters unless you keep scrolling right.

I found what usually works for me is to click once on the link - this will highlight the entire link even the letters you can't see.  Immediately type <ctrl-c> (hold down the control (ctrl) key and type the c key at the same time).  It doesn't always work.  Why, I don't know, maybe I touch an arrow key by accident. 

Try copying it twice.  If one looks longer than the other, delete the short one. 

Or, if I haven't lost you already, click on the link, then touch the "End" key.  This will take you to the end of the letters that make up the link.  Then, click on the last letter and hold down the left mouse button as you move the mouse to highlight all the letters to the left back to the http at the beginning.  Then click ctrl-c.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: delete the short one.

Ok,let me explain my situation, I have a new laptop, the computer that I used before this one just stopped working one day,so I asked my sister in law , can she recommend a new model for me , so she checks out  Amazon and advices me to buy a cheap laptop, a ACER ? anyway this new computer is a huge pain in the ass, don't get me wrong, its good for watching You Tube,or a Lecture at www.chomsky.info , but I can't even send a Email since early today ?  And I signed up for the NEW YAHOO MAIL, which is even more confusing than the older page, I can't find the copy/paste/cut anywhere, the whole NEW page is quite different,for instance the top of the NEW page has the older websites on the top instead of the bottom, and there is a bar with facebook,ebay and three other ones that I have never used, I lost complete connection to EXPLORER, I need to take this piece of crap to the computer store to get the 'White Smoke' advertisement of my screen and it used to make a sound like THUNDER every 15-20 minutes, and a WEATHER LOGO pops up on the screen , looking things up using Google is sometimes a choir,it redirects me to a different search site ? This NEW LAPTOP SUCKS, BIG TIME !           PS. On the top of the old page,when you clicked on the top bar all of the sites scrolled down my page and I could see the whole link, but with the NEW YAHOO PAGE this don't work ?

Signature ? How ?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:   Ok,let me

Ken G. wrote:

Ok,let me explain my situation, I have a new laptop, the computer that I used before this one just stopped working one day,so I asked my sister in law , can she recommend a new model for me , so she checks out  Amazon and advices me to buy a cheap laptop, a ACER ? anyway this new computer is a huge pain in the ass, don't get me wrong, its good for watching You Tube,or a Lecture at www.chomsky.info , but I can't even send a Email since early today ?  And I signed up for the NEW YAHOO MAIL, which is even more confusing than the older page, I can't find the copy/paste/cut anywhere, the whole NEW page is quite different,for instance the top of the NEW page has the older websites on the top instead of the bottom, and there is a bar with facebook,ebay and three other ones that I have never used, I lost complete connection to EXPLORER, I need to take this piece of crap to the computer store to get the 'White Smoke' advertisement of my screen and it used to make a sound like THUNDER every 15-20 minutes, and a WEATHER LOGO pops up on the screen , looking things up using Google is sometimes a choir,it redirects me to a different search site ? This NEW LAPTOP SUCKS, BIG TIME !           PS. On the top of the old page,when you clicked on the top bar all of the sites scrolled down my page and I could see the whole link, but with the NEW YAHOO PAGE this don't work ?

I have no idea what is going on with it.  It may not be that the laptop hardware sucks - which would be my biggest gripe - but that the software is not set up so you feel comfortable.  Yeah, take it to the computer store and stand there and harass the techs until you have something you can work with.

When I set up a new computer for my husband, I always set everything up so he can find it as close as I can to his old set up.  He hates changes, too.  It can't always be exactly the same as the old, however.  The software idiots (and I am including all of them, not just Windows) all seem to think that they have to change almost everything every few years so they can make you buy more stuff. 

So for those things that have to change, because the software has changed, make the techs explain it to you and show you.  If you have the spare change, you may even want to pay a tech to sit down with you for an hour or two and get you squared away.  Pay a little more and get a real expert - not some high school kid.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:No, the link on the

cj wrote:

No, the link on the top of the page is the link, the whole link.  Nothing but the link. 

What I was trying to say was be sure you have highlighted all of it.  Long links may not show all of the letters unless you keep scrolling right.

I found what usually works for me is to click once on the link - this will highlight the entire link even the letters you can't see.  Immediately type <ctrl-c> (hold down the control (ctrl) key and type the c key at the same time).  It doesn't always work.  Why, I don't know, maybe I touch an arrow key by accident. 

Try copying it twice.  If one looks longer than the other, delete the short one. 

Or, if I haven't lost you already, click on the link, then touch the "End" key.  This will take you to the end of the letters that make up the link.  Then, click on the last letter and hold down the left mouse button as you move the mouse to highlight all the letters to the left back to the http at the beginning.  Then click ctrl-c.

Clicking once is, indeed, the easiest way to do it.
You can also hit ctrl+a if the blinking line thingey is in the bar with the website name, so you'll select all of it.

OT: I think that cutting nature some slack is a good thing, but aren't we overdoing it with an entire science and business being funded with millions and billions of dollars/euros?