New kid in limbo :D

Palacios
Palacios's picture
User is offlineOffline
New kid in limbo :D

Hey wazzup guys!

I dont know how to start this acctually buy ill do my best!

Well this is me, being me, an atheist that just want to have some fun and make all the contribution i can on this so damn awesome website, im from mexico, and as you might now, this is also a really religious place to live on, (im sorry if im not a... fluid? english talker, i learned myself with videogames and a spanish-english dictionary) well, on mexico we have a lot of different variation of catolicism or cristianism like, virgin of guadalupe, santa muerte (holy death) etc etc... the like... 99% of the people i know is not atheist im the only werdo over here and always start discussions about god etc etc...

My mission here is just to ran away from all that crap and learn more about the thinks i care, cience etc etc... im not really a smart guy, i have ADD so its kinda hard for me to take a book and read it...

well... ah... yeah thats kind of me... hi!

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Hello welcome.  I went to

Hello welcome.  I went to mexico once.  

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and Hola!

Welcome to the site! I'm sorry that you don't have many like minds around you, so when you need to get an idea (or a rant) off your chest then this is the place. I hope you enjoy your stay here, I know I have!

Again, welcome to the site!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, and welcome!Does a day

Hi, and welcome!

Does a day in Tijuana count as a visit to Mexico?

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Palacio

pleased to meet you. What are the god people like in Mexico? Are they rampant christians or chilled?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thats ok, my Spanish isn't

Thats ok, my Spanish isn't so good.

Mi madre va a comer me gato.

No mi gusta frejoles en mi zapatos.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Palacios wrote:My mission

Palacios wrote:

My mission here is just to ran away from all that crap and learn more about the thinks i care, cience etc etc... im not really a smart guy, i have ADD so its kinda hard for me to take a book and read it...

Welcome, Palacios! I also have ADD, and luckily I'm getting treated for it as well, so that has really helped me a lot recently.

If you like to learn about science and things, you may like to watch some videos on YouTube by excellent atheists such as Thunderf00t, philhellenes, etc.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey!  Buenos dias!  Que

Hey!  Buenos dias!  Que tal?

I just ran out of Spanish. 

Except for the swear words.

Where in Mexico?  I grew up in Yuma, AZ and I have been to some of the border towns - San Luis, Algodones, Mexicali/Calexico, Nogales. 

I'm now in Portland, OR which I think is much nicer than the desert.  Though lately there has been too much rain.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uno, deuz, trez, quatro,

Uno, deuz, trez, quatro, cinqo, puta.

And that's about all the spanish I know.

Welcome to the site.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote: Hello

RatDog wrote:

Hello welcome.  I went to mexico once.  

Me too, just far enough in to get in trouble

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adding to the list that natural posted

natural wrote:
If you like to learn about science and things, you may like to watch some videos on YouTube by excellent atheists such as Thunderf00t, philhellenes, etc.

Adding to that list I would say that Aronra is up there as well. His Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism series is excellent.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Palacios
Palacios's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Welcome to the

B166ER wrote:

Welcome to the site! I'm sorry that you don't have many like minds around you, so when you need to get an idea (or a rant) off your chest then this is the place. I hope you enjoy your stay here, I know I have!

Again, welcome to the site!

yes i will! ive been checking out some forums and post and all that and u guys have some reaaaaaaaaaally interesting posts

Deus Ex Machina

Palacios
Palacios's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Hey!  Buenos

cj wrote:

Hey!  Buenos dias!  Que tal?

I just ran out of Spanish. 

Except for the swear words.

Where in Mexico?  I grew up in Yuma, AZ and I have been to some of the border towns - San Luis, Algodones, Mexicali/Calexico, Nogales. 

I'm now in Portland, OR which I think is much nicer than the desert.  Though lately there has been too much rain.

im from Monterrey its the like second best city on mexico wich its cool because we have a lot of cool stuff like the journey concerts (im like 80s music, i hate todays music) but still nothing more than god god god god, specially for the security issues (mafia etc) everybodys afraid of die tomorrow, so they pray!

Deus Ex Machina

Palacios
Palacios's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Palacios

natural wrote:

Palacios wrote:

Welcome, Palacios! I also have ADD, and luckily I'm getting treated for it as well, so that has really helped me a lot recently.

u know, im not getting treated... im happy with the way i am, i know i could be better because insteadi need to read a book like 10 LITERALLY times to understand it, i try to learn the more i can and haha waste the small attention i can put onnon existing crap its NOT WISE

Deus Ex Machina

Palacios
Palacios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

pleased to meet you. What are the god people like in Mexico? Are they rampant christians or chilled?

daaaamn thats hard to explain... like a 80% are like "ill rob you, ill stab you, maybe kidnap you, but i have a tatoo of guadalupes virgin so im saved"

also i have a daaamn luck... i LITERALLY LURE all the christians granmas with panphlets and gave me all the pamphlets and just says "god bless you son" i started to collect them and use them to clean my cats waste

Deus Ex Machina