2 irrationalities

ScientiaPotenti...
User is offlineOffline
2 irrationalities

Hellow!

First time poster so I have to warn you all, my native tongue isn't english so my grammar might be slightly off. Either way, I have been reading the forums for some while

and although im not that great of a science freak I try to follow those arguments in various threads aswell.

Well, lets start w the irrational thingies.

The Christians of various beliefs think that Jesus died on the cross to redeem people from their sin in a single move. My question is why Jahve spent thousand of years to deal out several sins and punishment for various people and in just an instant redeem them? It would be like caging all criminals and then one day just release them all. Makes no sense what so ever. We all know that one of Jahve proposed properties is that he knows everything - i e the future, so he would have known when he dealt out the sins that he one day would wipe them out in one move. And people want to praise him? Those who might argument that God didn't know of Jesus plans must admit that Jesus then broke the 4th commandment of God, i e respect and revere ones parents - and does that mean that Jesus went to hell as there was no priest around to give him Gods forgiveness? The bible states that he went to heaven so it seems ok to break them =)

Some more moderate christian often argues that the Bible is flawed because it was rewritten by humans over and over again and some things was lost in the translation. I can agree with that, but God cant. As a Christian you have to believe that god is infallible and all knowing. Hence, he knew that the bible would be distorted, and as the infallible entity he is - he must have taken steps against it to secure the evolving( see what I did there?!) of the Bible. Another odd thing as the all knowing god he is, he didn't write a timeless book as u might expect, most of the wording and description of crimes involves a timesetting in an antique/medieval setting - didn't he know of the modern world?

Hope this havent been covered before, didnt find a subject about it atleast - but then again my girlfriend always complains that Im a lousy "finder"!

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
you summed it up nicely. Why

you summed it up nicely. Why is there this constant talk from christians to be perfect and holy when also its impossible for us to do it. Clearly since god knows we cant do it than he would be insane and dumb to think we deserve to be punished for something we are incapable of doing. Its the biggerst blow to christianity. Plus you dont punish people for what other people did.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Hello welcome

Hello welcome

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 welcome to the forum.

welcome to the forum.

wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome! It's going to be

Welcome! It's going to be great to have you.