How would you do it?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
How would you do it?

Would the jesus thing have any merit if you were god? Would you choose to ambiguosly impregnate a woman and let it be known to only a select group of people that she was going to conceive your son? Then later in his life have him perform miracles but only around certain people so that these miracles could only be passed on by word of mouth? Would you have him die on a cross to and for people who did not even believe he was your son at all? Does any of this make sense?

Here is how I would do it.

First off I am god and created man from dust so I would simply have him appear and float down from the heavens for all to behold. He would walk among men performing miracles in every country with santa clause like power. He would not need to die on a cross this is an abhorrent idea because jesus was not only the son but myself incarnate. I have no such weakness as "death". My son would roam the land spreading the good word, bullet .. I mean spear proof and answerable to no man. I would possibly allow my closest disciples to write a text but this text would be short and to the point and not a real guideline for anything other than my 10 commandments (which would certainly be different than our current list). My son would eventually ascend back into the heavens to reappear once each generation to remind the people that I am watching.

So how would you do it?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, if I had infinite

Well, if I had infinite power, I think that the whole idea of making people but only retards would not really glorify my image. Then too, sticking the apple tree right in the middle of the garden seems like a non-starter. As does punishing the retards for eating the apples. Sure, I may have told them not to but then they are retards, what the hell?

Granted, I already know everything that will ever happen. So there really was no point to the exercise.

Past that, doing the whole “I am going to kill you but slowly” only establishes that god must be a Clint Eastwood fan. Which brings up the question about trying to be nice to people. Well, except for scumbags but again, Eastwood provides guidance on that matter.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa you opened up the can,

Whoa you opened up the can, I'm just talking about the jesus thing. I thought it might be fun to see what people come up with.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm.If I were the creator

Hmmm.

If I were the creator of the Universe, I can't imagine anything more perfect or spectacular that what we already have - minus humans, of course.

The god of the bible fucked up when he created man from dirt...maybe if he had used star dust things would have been better?

His second fuck up was making more humans after The Flood.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Would the

robj101 wrote:

Would the jesus thing have any merit if you were god? Would you choose to ambiguosly impregnate a woman and let it be known to only a select group of people that she was going to conceive your son?

No good plan starts with 'Magic Sperm'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxeqEoDXco

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would create the world of

I would create the world of azeroth, and every few years I'd fuck with it a little and call it an expansion.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I would create

Ciarin wrote:

I would create the world of azeroth, and every few years I'd fuck with it a little and call it an expansion.

Yea I have heard something like this =)

Sadly my acct is still active.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OK, so if I have to stick

OK, so if I have to stick with the NT, then I have to stipulate all of my previous fuckups.

So, we have this world full of messed up people which I (in my infinite wisdom) made. So how shall we fix them? Really, the whole Sodom and Gomorah thing only resulted in drunken incest. The flood produced more incest, just not the drunken kind.

Sacrificing myself to myself even though I know I will be fine a couple of days later really doesn't sound like much of a plan either.

I could try giving the retards that I made in my own image the brains to figure shit out. The only flaw that I can see in that idea is that sooner or later, they will realize that I really am such a retard that making retards in my own image sounded like a good idea. Ah, but when you consider my track record, that is probably the best that I can do.

Of course that means that sooner or later, they are going to figure out that the ancient book is a pack of lies but I guess that even a supreme being has to take on on the chin once in a while.

Still, if I have to get the message out that I really don't like scum bags, Dirty Harry works.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
What I would do in the form

What I would do in the form as utopia is as obtainable as my detractors speculation is a cluster fuck. What humans have in common isn't.

7 billion people will never agree on anything but needing shelter, food and love. I dont give a shit that people want to condemn my position, but I find it funny that they cant even see that self preservation is what we all seek.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog