Bad News For Older Christians

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad News For Older Christians

Study: By Age 38 For Most People It's Too Late To Change

April 2, 2011 | ISSUE 47•13

BALTIMORE—After years of observing people in their late 30s to early 40s, researchers at Johns Hopkins University have determined that once an individual reaches 38 years of age it is generally too late to make any meaningful life changes.

"Our analysis indicates that if people turn 38 before getting the job they always wanted, meeting that special someone with whom they can settle down, losing their religion or accepting themselves for who they are, in the majority of cases, they never will," said study coordinator Dr. Erik Heuer.

The study has been criticized in peer-review by multiple scientists aged 38 and older.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-38-age-it-too-late,19859/

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 <moved from General

<moved from General Conversation to Comedy>

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

BALTIMORE—After years of observing people in their late 30s to early 40s, researchers at Johns Hopkins University have determined that once an individual reaches 38 years of age it is generally too late to make any meaningful life changes.

"Our analysis indicates that if people turn 38 before getting the job they always wanted, meeting that special someone with whom they can settle down, losing their religion or accepting themselves for who they are, in the majority of cases, they never will," said study coordinator Dr. Erik Heuer.

The study has been criticized in peer-review by multiple scientists aged 38 and older.

Well, I wouldn't say that it's too late, but, by and large, it's the exception and not the rule, if someone deviates much, mentality wise, at that point.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dang and I'm going to turn

Dang and I'm going to turn 40 this year, I have already been dead for a year.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aww why Sapient!?!?!

Sapient wrote:
<moved from General Conversation to Comedy>

Awww, but Sapient, if it starts out in comedy, no one will be fooled!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The last line gave it away

The last line gave it away for me. I already suspected it, and when I looked further I saw the source, confirming my suspicions.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yah, well.

I'd stripped so much give-away out of the story in order to get it onto the runway it was never going to fly. If I'd lost the last line as well I'd have been left with a single paragraph...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck