CREDO: the only progressive phone company

Feredir28
Feredir28's picture
User is offlineOffline
CREDO: the only progressive phone company

Do you not support or oppose the following: the Tea Party, the war in Iraq, FOX NEWS, and/or eliminating PBS and other public media?

You may be surprised to learn that your choice of cell phone isn't neutral. For example, did you know that AT&T has contributed to right-wing politicians working against your values?

Did you know that Verizon supports and donates to those causes? Verizon donated to the campaigns of Tea Party-backed Senators Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee and Pat ToomeyAT&T and Verizon Wireless contributed $386,000 and $35,500 respectively to members of the House Tea Party Caucus in the 2010 elections — most of whom are climate change deniers, voted to repeal health care reform, and have cosponsored a bill that would redefine rape. Verizon fought hard against net neutrality, going so far as to sue the Federal Communications Commission in January to eliminate rules protecting an open internet. And Verizon once rejected NARAL Pro-Choice America's request to send text messages on the Verizon network, saying it had a right to block messages it deemed "controversial or unsavory."

There does exist another company out there who does not support any of the above. CREDO is the only progressive phone company in America.

http://www.credomobile.com/Default.aspx

CREDO supports NPR and PBS and public media. CREDO has donated more than $65 million since 1985 to nonprofits like Planned Parenthood, Media Matters for America and Democracy Now. If you join now, CREDO will make donations to NPR and you will join the fight against the Tea party and the radical right.

http://action.credomobile.com/specialoffers/apr11/npr6b.html?&id=18896-3533012-GD_h3bx&t=2

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Feredir28 wrote: CREDO:the only progressive phone co.

Yep !  When I used to get emails from them, about many progrssive idea's, I sign their pettitions, but I have told them that I don't own a mobil phone or a land line (there are 2 phone's in the house, but none are mine) anyway they no longer send me petitions to sign, so it makes me wonder ?       It seems like what they do is important, only if you own a phone. I now sign petitions that CARE2 sends me.      PS. They don't ask me "what company do I use", which is a kind of relief to me.

Signature ? How ?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 It looked like spam and

It looked like spam and yet here I am considering the purchase of a phone.  Best spam on this site all week!  Thanks.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: It looked

Sapient wrote:

It looked like spam and yet here I am considering the purchase of a phone.  Best spam on this site all week!  Thanks.

Pretty much my reaction, Brian, although I am not in the market for a phone at the moment.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 I use a prepaid phone to

I use a prepaid phone to keep costs down.  I was able to keep a cell phone for $100 total over the last 12 months.  I'm always considering one as I get jabbed by friends and co-workers for not having one.  Ironically I used to be in the business of cell phone sales.  The downside to the credo phone is that it uses the sprint network which has less coverage than verizon or at&t, but if the point is to stop using the two big companies because they donate money to idiots then I suppose I'll be using sprint/credo if I end up buying a phone.

As for now, I considered it and I bailed out again.  Maybe in the future.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I currently have a package

I currently have a package of land-line phone, cell phone (iPhone 4 of course ), and broadband DSL, for a reasonable deal, from our biggest phone company, which I actually worked for for most of my working life.

I can use my iPhone to connect my iPad or laptop (MacBook Pro - surprise! ) to the Internet when outside the range of the WiFi on my DSL modem, so its cool.

The Laptop is ok to carry around the house with me and continue a Skype conversation, when I have other things to attend to.

=======

I too was thinking SPAM? when I saw that post.

I usually get a spam here every day or so in my early morning, and I was thinking initially "here it is", but then read it...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know what kills me, the

You know what kills me, the mom and pop shops, the middle class and the poor, outnumber the uber rich yet we still get caught up in their emotional McMedia utopias that allow them to buy off politicians by distracting us with utopia social issues.

I am all for supporting any business big or small that supports the idea there is more than one class in this country. I don't see enough of them.

But considering the backlash in Wisconsin and other states, I really think all this right wing utopia bullshit will backfire on these morons. They do not understand that we outnumber them.

If I needed a cell phone I would consider this. Since I don't go anywhere outside my mom and work, My current land line is sufficient.

And I will say so far, I do like my cable company, so far, because their bills have been predictable and they have not pulled any fee shell games on me. I pay the same thing every month.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 And Verizon and AT&T

And Verizon and AT&T donated almost the same amount of money to democrats in the election. Those evil right wingers, buying of politicians....

http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/topcontribs.php?cycle=2008&Bkdn=DemRep

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: And

Beyond Saving wrote:

And Verizon and AT&T donated almost the same amount of money to democrats in the election. Those evil right wingers, buying of politicians....

Thank you, I can still use At&t if I get a phone!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Beyond Saving

Sapient wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Thank you, I can still use At&t if I get a phone!

Yeah, don't get Verizon, they suck for non-political reasons. Their "Can you hear me now" commercials were amazingly accurate, because thats the only thing you say with the damn things. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: And

Beyond Saving wrote:

You must have missed what I have said in other posts. The uber rich have bought off BOTH parties. The only thing I have with Dems right now are social issues.

YOU keep confusing wealth with monopolies of power and the two are not the same. ANYTHING, religion, political party or class, when left with no check on it can become abusive.

We are under a stacked deck. And if you want us to have the same lopsided economy India has, we are on our way.

Democrats are fucking wimps when big money donates to them. We ended up with a health care plan that will only have limited benefits. It will not break the monopolies the insurance companies have. It will only force them to take on customers which wont damage their bottom line. The will simply pass the cost down to the consumer to continue padding their profit margins.

For the last time. I am NOT against wealth. I am against monopolies of power and the top two percent own our government.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OK, the OP is totally

OK, the OP is totally spam. Even so, it is of some small interest.

However, it fails to meet my needs whatever else may be going on.

Brian, you know my paypal account. That address goes back to the land line which I had and still hold since the Reagan administration. Along the way, it has been through several owners only to land me with AT&T for the land line and ISP.

My cell phone goes back to the middle of the Clinton administration and it too has been through several owners. Last week, it was bought by AT&T.

For many years, I have had a monthly mailing from AT&T extolling the virtues of changing to them for my cell service. However, the deals have never really been deals. They have always involved getting on contract.

As with you, I have been on prepay all this time. As a long term customer, I buy time that does not expire for a year from the date of purchase and I get 20% more time than everyone else.

If AT&T keeps that deal going well, instead of having to choose from the ten phones in the T-mobil store, I will now be able to choose from the fifty in the AT&T store.

The question which I have and needs a trip to the mall to figure out is this:

Must I have contract service (@$60/month or whatever) to bind the accounts together?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Must I have contract service (@$60/month or whatever) to bind the accounts together?

If you mean land service and cell service in one account, I have yet to see anyone offer a discount for doing so.  I've seen Verizon bill your cell on your tv/cable/phone/internet package, but you don't get a deal to do so.  Just one bill.